Sign in to follow this  
GtaSoldierBoy

Headphones for gaming

Well i have heard many suggestions on what headphones to get i am not getting cheap ones as i want quality and i found some a50s from astro gaming which look absolutely realy cool and ive heard many great reviews but i also found beats the pro ones they do cost more but also look good and i suspect they would be quite good as the reason for the pricing and most of my friends use beats but am not sure these will be used for gaming and another thing is a gaming mouse? i found the razer naga is it good i realy want high response time most for my gaming setup

Beats? Gaming headsets?

Noh.

Beats are terrible for listening to anything.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1

Buy yourself a 200-300 dollar pair of:

Sennheiser

Grado

Audio-Technica

AKG

Sony

or at the very most expensive, Bose.

Everything else is a waste of money and you pay 60% for the brand and 40% for the performance. Don't buy Turtle Beach, Don't buy Razers, don't buy Monster or Skull Candy or Dr. Dre's Beats. Don't buy anything that you would see being advertised as "gaming" headphones because there is honestly no difference between a nice, expensive pair of normal headphones and 'gaming' headphones except the latter tend to be very overpriced and overhyped. If you want even better performance you can pick yourself up a 50 dollar sound card to go along with it. I recommend the Asus Xonar DG as it comes with an amplifier and a load of good settings.

And 1 more thing: Don't buy a headset. a 200 dollar headset is a 120 dollar headphones with a 10 dollar mic marked up. If you REALLY need something right beside your face instead of on your desk then buy yourself AntLion Audio ModMic. It sticks to the side of your headphones and sounds great for the price.

Edited by Cdrive
  • Like 1

Declan beats are achely quite good mate ive had a mate give them to me just to test for a day and they are exellent for music but havent tried for gaming

Beats are alright for music if you don't mind paying double what they're worth just for a nice looking set of headphones, lol, wouldn't recommend for gaming though. Astros are supposed to be pretty good but again, a bit overpriced. Seinheiser make decent headsets for a reasonable price.

Razer mice aren't bad, just make sure whatever you go for is 1000hz.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 3

I use astro a40's with the mix amp pro, and then going into my soundcard, i tell you now the mic isnt the best it seems to jump up and down in levels as you talk i use a seperate mic, but the headset is comfortable, and the quality is amazing, it is 5.1 surround sound. beautiful.

Most gaming headsets have terrible mics, best off getting a desktop mic! ;D

beans for my info ;)

I own a pair of the A50's and they are by far the best headphones for gaming. Worth every penny and they perform better than I could have expected. Love the sound quality, you can hear people creeping up on you so much easier. You can really hear what direction the bullets are coming from which is awsome. Also getting to walk around my apartment still talking to group members is sweet, The Wireless works great and has good range. Highly recommend these headphones for Dayz.

I use astro a40's with the mix amp pro, and then going into my soundcard, i tell you now the mic isnt the best it seems to jump up and down in levels as you talk i use a seperate mic, but the headset is comfortable, and the quality is amazing, it is 5.1 surround sound. beautiful.

Most gaming headsets have terrible mics, best off getting a desktop mic! ;D

beans for my info ;)

... No beans You didnt get any info mister spammer for beans dont you dare spam!

Well i have heard many suggestions on what headphones to get i am not getting cheap ones as i want quality and i found some a50s from astro gaming which look absolutely realy cool and ive heard many great reviews but i also found beats the pro ones they do cost more but also look good and i suspect they would be quite good as the reason for the pricing and most of my friends use beats but am not sure these will be used for gaming and another thing is a gaming mouse? i found the razer naga is it good i realy want high response time most for my gaming setup

I have some turtle beach P11's. Got them off eBay brand new for £29.99.

As good as anything else.

Siberia V2 is pretty cheap and good.

I will be going for a wireless headset next, it costs abit more tho'

Siberia V2 is pretty cheap and good.

I will be going for a wireless headset next, it costs abit more tho'

They do but astro a50s am wondering can it hear the poop sound i make ?Just a question :)

Dont forget about Corsair . I'm planning this as my next "affordable-upgrade" Asus Xonar (with headphone amp) coupled with a sweet-lil 5.1headset.

That post about Turtle Beach headsets. For the price, I am amazed by the quality/functionality!

I can vouch for that corsair headset. That 7.1 "surround" has saved my ass a few times in game. According to friends, the mic sounds good too.

• Like 1

After having expensive headsets go sour, I decided to invest in a $20 knock-off from China.

Guess what. Games sound 80% as good as anything else I had. Heaset is Ok..Looks great, durable, a tad less comfy than the high-end stuff, but you only notice it after 4-5 hours on my head. And mic is just as nice (cheap) as any other headset.

Thing is, audio in most games isn't that well engineered anyway. I'm pissed at myself for the hundreds I wasted on two previous headsets.

And now I have money left over to buy friends to game with.

Edited by taco241
  • Like 1

They do but astro a50s am wondering can it hear the poop sound i make ?Just a question :)

I have both, in addition to Turtle Beaches. I have the Diablo Siberia version (with the improved sound range and base) and it blows the astros away.

I would recommend the Asus Xonar DG soundcard with whatever heaphones you go with. Currently using a Steelseries 7H headset, nothing to brag about. I guess it's decent for under a 100€. Next time I think I'll go with pricier Audio Technica headphones and perhaps a separate microphone

• Like 1

I've been using Plantronics Gamecom headsets for years. I picked up the new version about 4 months ago after I broke my last ones.

I'd say that plantronics are easily the best budget headsets around. They offer great sound, and they're comfy, plus they are usually only around 30$-40$. The only issue I have is my newer version picks up a lot of background noise.

The best option though, is to go with a brand like Sennheiser, and if you game with with your mates at all, then pick up a desk mic. It sounds like a lot of effort, but no gaming headset gets anywhere near the sound quality of a good set of headphones, and desk mics are also unbeatable in sound quality.

Buy yourself a 200-300 dollar pair of:

Sennheiser

Grado

Audio-Technica

AKG

Sony

or at the very most expensive, Bose.

Everything else is a waste of money and you pay 60% for the brand and 40% for the performance. Don't buy Turtle Beach, Don't buy Razers, don't buy Monster or Skull Candy or Dr. Dre's Beats. Don't buy anything that you would see being advertised as "gaming" headphones because there is honestly no difference between a nice, expensive pair of normal headphones and 'gaming' headphones except the latter tend to be very overpriced and overhyped. If you want even better performance you can pick yourself up a 50 dollar sound card to go along with it. I recommend the Asus Xonar DG as it comes with an amplifier and a load of good settings.

And 1 more thing: Don't buy a headset. a 200 dollar headset is a 120 dollar headphones with a 10 dollar mic marked up. If you REALLY need something right beside your face instead of on your desk then buy yourself AntLion Audio ModMic. It sticks to the side of your headphones and sounds great for the price.

OP, please listen to this fella's opinion. By far the best advice in the thread and the best advice you will recieve from anyone/anywhere.

I couldnt believe no one had given beans yet.

Seems there are next to no audiophiles on this forum.