Sign in to follow this  
billyangstadt

Bandit's, I have a question for you.

i persuade them to trade me the flash light for some beans and a gun then when they drop there flash light after i have dropped 1 can of beanss showing good faith i steal the flash light and run off in the dark like a thief in the night !

I scream WELCOME TO DAYZ over direct comm as i run off too

ahahahaha

hate me i love it

Of course they do. They're not "bandits" they're deathmatching dipshits. They're still going to kill you and run around screaming "lol noob fkcing pwned u fag".

That is what "bandits" do.

i persuade them to trade me the flash light for some beans and a gun then when they drop there flash light after i have dropped 1 can of beanss showing good faith i steal the flash light and run off in the dark like a thief in the night !

ahahahaha

hate me i love it

You already got the flashlight from them and kept your beans. Why the fuck would you shoot them for?

Now that survivors are starting with a menacing flashlight' date=' do you still shoot on sight?

[/quote']

I for one shoot them on sight with my very own menacing flash light.

you are aware that both bandit and survivor start with the same gear right?

ahahahaha

hate me i love it

You already got the flashlight from them and kept your beans. Why the fuck would you shoot them for?

where did i say i shoot them i steal there flash light leave them with a can of beans and run off i spare there lives but make them run in the pitch black as a initiation like when you join a fraternity in university

ahahahaha

hate me i love it

where did i say i shoot them i steal there flash light leave them with a can of beans and run off i spare there lives but make them run in the pitch black as a initiation like when you join a fraternity in university

Some people dont know how to read.

Calling these psychopath kill-on-sight murderers bandits is an insult to real bandits. Real bandits would rob you on gunpoint leaving you alive.

Calling these psychopath kill-on-sight murderers bandits is an insult to real bandits. Real bandits would rob you on gunpoint leaving you alive.

I don't think this ever happens. There is simply no reason for bandits to keep people alive. There needs to be something in place to make murdering less desirable. Something like for every murder, zombies detect bandits 10 meters further away. Eventually the hardcore bandits will stick way outside of cities (like they would in real life) and any other bandits would try to rob people without killing.

I don't think this ever happens. There is simply no reason for bandits to keep people alive. There needs to be something in place to make murdering less desirable. Something like for every murder' date=' zombies detect bandits 10 meters further away. Eventually the hardcore bandits will stick way outside of cities (like they would in real life) and any other bandits would try to rob people without killing.

[/quote']

No..... just no.

I don't think this ever happens. There is simply no reason for bandits to keep people alive. There needs to be something in place to make murdering less desirable. Something like for every murder' date=' zombies detect bandits 10 meters further away. Eventually the hardcore bandits will stick way outside of cities (like they would in real life) and any other bandits would try to rob people without killing.

[/quote']

No..... just no.

Care to explain why you don't like this idea?

[/quote']

No..... just no.

He is right about one thing though. There is absolutely no reason for a bandit to not just kill random people on sight. I'm not saying his solution is the way to go but giving total FPS Deathmatch kiddies the advantage isn't the answer either. I hope Rocket at the very least gives his heartbeat idea a try. At least that would make most people consider what they are doing before just pulling the trigger on some unsuspecting noob with only a flashlight.

[/quote']

No..... just no.

He is right about one thing though. There is absolutely no reason for a bandit to not just kill random people on sight. I'm not saying his solution is the way to go but giving total FPS Deathmatch kiddies the advantage isn't the answer either. I hope Rocket at the very least gives his heartbeat idea a try. At least that would make most people consider what they are doing before just pulling the trigger on some unsuspecting noob with only a flashlight.

I don't think the heartbeat idea will work at all. Just earlier I was sniped from God knows where by some douche bandit. I had no clue where he was, and I was way the hell in the middle of nowhere. No, it needs to be something that actively affects the bandits so that they have an immediate consequence for their actions.

***** I made a thread over here to discuss the bandit problem: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14203&page=2

Please refrain from commenting in it if you don't have any constructive input.

[/quote']

No..... just no.

There doesn't need to be an arbitrary, unrealistic mechanic to punish banditry (which is a core element of gameplay) in a game that strives to be "hyper-realistic". It is also difficult to "rob" survivors who are at least decently armed and desperate to keep their hard earned items without shots being fired.

Besides, the current humanity system does not accurately identify bandits. Often I am forced to kill when I am fired upon and if my assailant does not manage to wound me his/her death is considered a murder.

[/quote']

No..... just no.

I don't think the heartbeat idea will work at all. Just earlier I was sniped from God knows where by some douche bandit. I had no clue where he was, and I was way the hell in the middle of nowhere. No, it needs to be something that actively affects the bandits so that they have an immediate consequence for their actions.

No, it doesn't save you but it will mean the difference when someone sees him first in the future as to whether they will walk up and say howdy or shoot them in the face from 100m away. Eventually it will make people consider whether pulling the trigger on someone is worth it in the long run.

[/quote']

No..... just no.

There doesn't need to be an arbitrary, unrealistic mechanic to punish banditry (which is a core element of gameplay) in a game that strives to be "hyper-realistic". It is also difficult to "rob" survivors who are at least decently armed and desperate to keep their hard earned items without shots being fired.

Besides, the current humanity system does not accurately identify bandits. Often I am forced to kill when I am fired upon and if my assailant does not manage to wound me his/her death is considered a murder.

I would be the first to agree that the Humanity system is far from perfect but right now it's all we have. He needs to implement a system that can differentiate a true fire fight from someone just outright killing someone in cold blood. I'm not sure this is possible in the ArmA 2 framework however.

I have the perfect solution: Shooting other people makes you explode. Yep, perfect. :D

Of course they do. They're not "bandits" they're deathmatching dipshits. They're still going to kill you and run around screaming "lol noob fkcing pwned u fag".

That is what "bandits" do.

Thank you !

any man can pull a trigger it takes true man to rob another of his beans and let him live to breathe and rob again another day !

I don't think the heartbeat idea will work at all. Just earlier I was sniped from God knows where by some douche bandit. I had no clue where he was' date=' and I was way the hell in the middle of nowhere. No, it needs to be something that actively affects the bandits so that they have an immediate consequence for their actions.

[/quote']

The game should not help people get revenge just because they're too bad at the game to do it themselves.

Every group I've played with or against has been extremely good at finding cover against snipers, flanking them, forcing them to run, or killing them.

I'm not entirely convinced rocket understands that sandbox PvP is selling this game. If he caves to PvE scrubs it'll be his own loss.

Now that survivors are starting with a menacing flashlight' date=' do you still shoot on sight?

[/quote']

Shoot on sight? Maybe. If I see them as a threat. I never spend time in kamenka-kamyshovo area, so I don't think I'm going to shoot or rob unarmed players.

If I see you and you have a weapon, your ass will get dropped by my M24...

If I see you looking at me, even without a weapon, your ass will get dropped by my M24...

If I see you even thinking of going for that lootpile that clearly has my name on it, your ass will get dropped by my M24...

If I see you getting a group of survivors together, it constitutes a gang, ergo a threat, therefore; your ass will get dropped by my M24...

Basically... your ass will get dropped by my M24...

Well... After I shoot you 3 times that is because some guy thought that on veteran mode it would be hilarious to make the M24 a 2 to 3 shot kill weapon... I mean it's not like it's a sniper rifle or anyth... oh wait....