Sign in to follow this  
cruicki

add vehicle sound its to loud!

please add a vehicle sound meter since it is so loud when you put effects up and the cars and trucks just take over everything

• Like 1

http://dayzmod.com/f...3/#entry1121586

Q: Have you made any improvements in terms of sound?

A: Sound isn't something we've played with a lot yet. It's something we can easily improve - we want the freedom now to innovate, which means not getting locked down because we created certain content. The pace of our innovation is insane at the moment and is entirely changing the landscape of the future content changes.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

I think the vehicle channel does enough for the loudness of the vehicles. It wouldn't be fair to set your vehicle volume to the lowest so you can hear other sounds while driving around. You should be less aware while near or in a vehicle. Also, note that while in 3rd person view it's louder than first person.

(i'm assuming by vehicle meter you mean a slider in the audio options, if I'm wrong, I apologize but your post isn't very clear.)

these Russian cars are not like todays "shut your door, shut the world out" type. they were hard to drive, cold as hell, and noisy as fook.

Some of the HGV's were worse actually having more exhaust noise than engine.

how about BI hiring a FULL TIME sound designer? how about ME! I would do full buyout work-for-hire music and SFX for low six figure per annum. Think about it - I'm fucking awesome btw.

The main issue this noise presents itself is when using Skype with friends mostly when PTT isn't being used. Hearing 3-6 people broadcasting the same UAV noise you get to hear right now is pretty awesome.