dknight903

Just for FYI

You know I really like this MOD however if this was to really happen and you guys are trying to make this real as possible. then most people that don't have guns would be dead by the time things got this bad. The ones that make this far would have some kind of weapons for protecting them self's :) I think we should spawn in with a Some kind of a shotgun.

That is kind of the opposite to "as real as possible".

Not everyone will have a gun you are right, so how does that justify everyone starting off with a shotgun? I think they did the right thing by spawning us with nothing in that getting a gun should feel rewarding, not "I have a shotgun, let's go on a killing spree until I die and respawn with another shotgun".

My 2 cents.

You missed his point. He said 'the ones that made it this far' would have some kind of weaponry to have made it this far, for protection against zombies and other hostile uninfected. Considering in real life it's far, far easier to acquire a shotgun or hunting rifle than a pistol with licensing and wait times, it kind of makes sense to start out with a civilian weapon. A makarov is a Russian weapon, and granted, the map is in Russia or somewhere thereabouts, but I'd still imagine it's still easier to get a Farmer Brown shotgun than a military sidearm.