Sign in to follow this  
AeonicStorm

Smooth F/R but every 10s freeze (Graphics)

No matter what I do with the video settings it does not fix this problem. I have smooth frame rate in everything but high and very high, but the problem I'm having is it'll be smooth as ice and then every 10s or so it will freeze for 1-3 seconds.

It's not a huge issue, and I've played the game for two days just 'dealing' with it. But, I can imagine having worked hard to get some nice things and that freeze happens while I'm piloting something or suddenly going prone->standing up / AND OR / shooting my gun off when the freeze stops (I've done both before and gotten zombies to attack me)

So, here's my dx.diag. I've also tried updating drivers and everything and they say I'm up to date etc.

The DX.DIAG file is below

I have the GTX 560M and I have the SAME EXACT problem.

I'm almost positive it has a lot to do with how the game is optimized, but at the same time, I see videos on YouTube where people play with smooth framerates through 40 or 50 minutes.

It's really frustrating, I know the feel.

I read somewhere it has something to do with BIOS or something. Like strings of operations going out and the game ARMA not being coded correctly to demand more 'highways' of code, so it tries to squish a lot through and things bunch up sometimes.

Just a theory, I haven't begun work on my bachelors in technology yet.. so yeah haha

I am experiencing the same problem and made a post about the same time the OP posted. At any rate I am just curious, does this happen for you guys Single Player too? I had just loaded it up today and I was surprised to find out that it does it in Single Player as well, that makes it an ArmA 2 problem. But still an issue that I would like to find a resolution for.

Happens in DayZ single player, but I can play Arma2 single player just fine.

I think it may have to do with the number of zombies? I'm not sure. I have no idea how this all works.

I'de still like to fix this issue, it appears I'm not the only one with this problem. I included my dx.diag in the original post

registered just to post here. I'm having the same issue after the latest patch :(

gtx260 ssc

tried many variations of gfx options and ofc drivers are up to date along with all of my other drivers.

I have noticed this.

GTX260.

For me it is happening when large groups of zombies spawn or despawn. Even when the spawned zombies are many kilometers away.

I too, am having this problem. Running 2 GeForce 8800s SLI'd.

Now that we only get a flashlight and the survival curve has completely skyrocketed, lagging while you're crawling through a town with a flash light and suddenly standing up only to have zombies maul you is one of the most frustrating thing I have ever experienced with gaming >.

I played the original ARMA : CO game on a few single player scenario's and I didn't have ANY lag what-so-ever, including those little freezes. But, then again, there wasn't a bunch of things constantly being added to the map (like zombies).

I played another CO mod and didn't lag as much, but the freeze happened every so often (not as often as with DayZ). So, my dx.diag is in the original post, or if you just want to know Nvidia GeForce 260M for Laptops is my video card, and I want to know:

Why no matter what I do with the video graphics in DayZ does my game freeze for a second or two every fifteen seconds or so?

Not to mention my framerate is babyass smooth in-between the sudden freezes.

I still have this problem. Anyone with thoughts or ideas to a fix?

Same problem here, tried anything (at least overclocking and stuff). Nothing works.

Arma 2 Singleplayer/Multiplayer - fine.

Operation Arrowhead Singleplayer/Multiplayer - fine.

DayZ - issues.

Has to do with some DayZ Options and/or the patch/beta.

There might be a hidden setting in one of the .cfg files .... but i really dont know which one.

Someone PLEASE help, this is so fucking frustrating. :(

running a dual core 3.16GHz with a GTX460 Overclocked and have the same problem: good fps but game freezes every 15 to 30 seconds for a good 1 or 2 seconds.

no idea how to fix.

I was having this problem running off the Six Launcher, but it went away when I set up Steam to load the beta. I'd say try this if you haven't.

I had this problem when I first started playing DayZ, I messed around with my video settings (very high to low) without results. I tried to figure out if maybe it was a NVIDIA issue, all to no avail. Then I thought maybe it's an internet/network thing and noticed my anti-virus kept blocking something A2:CO related, so I disabled my anti-virus while I played... smooth as a baby's buttery behind.

TL;DR - try disabling or modifying your anti-virus.

I was having this problem running off the Six Launcher' date=' but it went away when I set up Steam to load the beta. I'd say try this if you haven't.

[/quote']

I play the Beta off Steam; I never used the Six Launcher to play, but I've always had this problem.

I had this problem when I first started playing DayZ' date=' I messed around with my video settings (very high to low) without results. I tried to figure out if maybe it was a NVIDIA issue, all to no avail. Then I thought maybe it's an internet/network thing and noticed my anti-virus kept blocking something A2:CO related, so I disabled my anti-virus while I played... smooth as a baby's buttery behind.

TL;DR - try disabling or modifying your anti-virus.

[/quote']

Will try and I will post results.

I was having this problem running off the Six Launcher' date=' but it went away when I set up Steam to load the beta. I'd say try this if you haven't.

[/quote']

How did you get steam to run the beta without having to load up six launcher?

Hey guys .... i think i know what the issue is. Could not find out what exactly but this helped me:

Turn your Firewall/AV off!

Does it help you? If yes i would make a solution post for all of us. :)

I've been using Game Booster 3 whilst trying to get optimum performance / quality. Having read this post (I was still suffering from the freezing, especially when alting to free-look around). Closed down my browser, as well as Six updater and vent. only thing left running was literally DayZ. No stuttering/freezing framerates.

So, in short. Turn the bloody lot off in the background, and It works. (certainly for myself, anyway.)

Hope this helps! :)

Turned of firewall and anti-virus, can't determine if it worked for me or not.

The freezing continued, but it was much less frequent then before.

Going to try out GameBooster now.