Sign in to follow this  
gloopsgf

[Review] Bear Gryll's Ultimate Survival Server

[information:]

Slots: 50

Hoster: DayZ.ST

[Overall Review:]

I like the server, it was a pleasant experience to play on for the first day, and we really had some fun. However, I do not like the staff of the server, for various reasons.

The server has had only two hackers in the time I have played, and the anti-hack seems to be working fairly well. There are over 100 vehicles, and this gives every player, both veteran, and new, the ability to drive around the map, and get to battles and other locations much faster.

[staff & Anti-Hack:]

The anti-hack features of the server are beautiful. There have only been two hackers in the about 10 hours I played on the server, and they were dealt with pretty fast, and did not do much harm to the server. A concern that I have however, the server has crashed about 3 times in one day, and I am hoping.

The staff of the server, I cannot really portray the image to the best of my abilities, as I only met one admin, who banned me. I apparently was hacking, because I ran in a horizontal line, from novy sobor, with my ALICE pack, and an m4-varient. I also had some basic gear, and no more than a map, hatchet, and tool box. Apparently finding three tents, in about 10 minutes of running deems you as a hacker, along with taking items off other bodies (apparently the rangefinders I found yesterday, were illegal).

After I was banned, I had my friend try to talk to the admin for me, and ask what evidence he had against me, and why he couldn't contact me by any other means, so I could have a nice, mature, discussion about it on either the forums, skype, or a teamspeak. The admin refused, and said that I ran from tent to tent(not mentioning that I was running in a straight line).

[Custom Features:]

The server has plenty of vehicles, which was a great experience for me and my 12 person team. We stumbled upon a helicopter, and had a lot of fun until it slid on a hill and was damaged.

Spawning with a gun is awesome, and it is balanced out by the fact that you spawn WITHOUT a backpack. This feature really changes the game for you, and you have a harder time carrying more than one gun.

[Recommendations:]

I think that if you want to have some temporary fun, then you should play on this server. If you are looking for a server you can play on for a while, I definitely do not recommend it, as once you start finding tents, the admins start to get suspicious,

After discussing this incident with the rest of my admin team we have deemed it acceptable to present the following evidence as it has been deemed to have little to no impact upon our players.

The tents & vehicles shown in this image have been abandoned by their owners allowing us to show them in this way.

wbrzva.png

Timeline:

- You left Novy heading straight for Tent 1 in the woods

- You went directly from Tent 1 to Tent 2 (ignoring the bus that was clearly in front of it, perhaps presuming the tent to be a higher value target)

- You then headed to the Bus

- From the Bus you went in yet another straight line into Tent 3

- From Tent 3 you headed to a Motorbike

- From the motorbike you headed directly for Tent 4

- After checking Tent 4 you proceeded to head toward a UAZ

- An admin banned you before you reached the UAZ

By your own admission you have only played on BGUS for 1 day before this incident, our admins flagged up some suspicions soon after you joined when they noticed you were a fresh spawn with full survival gear (including GPS), NVGs and range finders (which cannot be obtained legitimately in game). So we kept a very close eye on you and your companions which allowed us to come to the final conclusion that you were in fact cheating.

Assuming that you were just some script kiddie who would either whine, lie or beg, the admin responsible for the ban refused an audience with you.

Your friend continualy tried to assure us that you were "not a dumbass" and "have never spawned anything".

Unfortunately our staff consider cheating discreetly to be just as bad as cheating overtly.

Well I hope this clears up this matter,

Kind regards,

Vonlinchen

PS: On a personal note, this kind of open ended flame on a public forum is not the proper way to contest a ban. If you would like we can submit our evidence, logs and notations to the community bans group and see what they make of the matter. A second opinion, if you will.

Edited by vonlinchen
  • Like 2

What's refreshing? They are doing their job, what they are suppose to do.

The only problem I had, was wanting to contact an admin, and there is honestly no way to do it.

MEGA LOL

Review in which you are cheating.

What a gigantic retard.

Admin can you post his GUID so we can all ban him? :D

Edited by narsil

Wait - NVG's and range finders can't be obtained legit on BGUS? I just found a range finder there today - was it hacked in? Should I ditch it?

You can, just not as a fresh spawn on the coast.

Wait - NVG's and range finders can't be obtained legit on BGUS? I just found a range finder there today - was it hacked in? Should I ditch it?

Rangefinders cannot be found on our server. However a few people have obtained them from dead hackers, so we've let certain people keep hold of them. We do however keep track of who they are :)

What's refreshing? They are doing their job, what they are suppose to do.

The only problem I had, was wanting to contact an admin, and there is honestly no way to do it.

If you had a problem with it you could have left a post on the Dayz forum thread or on the BGUS website forum.

• Like 1

So what up with the dumbass of the year? :D

No more reviews?

Cheating retard.