Sign in to follow this  
murff

Purchase help

If i purchase the retail version of Arma 2: Combined Ops, instead of buying it through Steam, can I then add it to steam, or will it have to stay as retail only?

(found it cheaper at gamersgate $17.97, than the 29.99 on steam.)

TIA

Edited by DeathsDesign

Yes you should be able to. But even if you arent, this doesnt effect DayZ in any way.

it wont be a "steam" game but ull be able to have the steam overlay if thats what ure talking about

If i purchase the retail version of Arma 2: Combined Ops, instead of buying it through Steam, can I then add it to steam, or will it have to stay as retail only?

(found it cheaper at gamersgate $17.97, than the 29.99 on steam.)

TIA

No, you can´t add it to steam.

Ok, not that big a deal if i can add it to steam or not, just curious, glad i was able to find arma 2 cheaper than 30 bucks :)

Thanks all

No, you can´t add it to steam.

Technically you can .. There is a option on the Steam app where you can "Add a non steam game" The game's shortcut will be on steam, it will act as if you are basically in that game, on steam, it just does not count your hours played (neither does DayZ if you bought Arma 2 via steam anyways) But you can add it to steam and get all the steam features while in-game, by adding it to the non steam game list, via steam

• Like 1

Technically you can .. There is a option on the Steam app where you can "Add a non steam game" The game's shortcut will be on steam, it will act as if you are basically in that game, on steam, it just does not count your hours played (neither does DayZ if you bought Arma 2 via steam anyways) But you can add it to steam and get all the steam features while in-game, by adding it to the non steam game list, via steam

ahh ok I may do that as other friends are playing it through steam (i'm just a cheapskate lol)

You will have to update manually, nevertheless, but that's not exactly difficult. Remember: beta patch & game patch are separate.

Edited by Justitia

You will have to update manually, nevertheless, but that's not exactly difficult. Remember: beta patch & game patch are separate.

not sure what you mean? beta patch vs game patch? i will manually update the game once i install it, but for the mod I was going to follow this:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1808-guide-installation-guide-steam-retail-mixed-beta-common-errors/