Sign in to follow this  
aedanclarke

"Error Creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine" Error

Alright, I got ArmA II: CO yesterday and then set to work getting DayZ to work. After a bit, I succeeded and I've been playing a decent bit of yesterday and now today, pre-3 PM EST (when I stopped out of annoyance with 1.7.1's broken-self to wait for the hotfix). Hotfix comes out, I update SixUpdater, find a server that fits my game's version and such and *BAM*, I get the titular error message.

So, yes, I run the game through SixLauncher (which has "Launch through Steam" checked). Seeing as I've played it already, you can already tell I've done the "Start up ArmA II, ArmA II: OA, and ArmA II: CO" stuff and the "restart Steam as admin" bit. I've reinstalled the mod through SixUpdater, as well. Frankly, I don't know where else to go from here. Any suggestions.

Oh, and please offer any suggestions in layman's terms. I'm too tired and annoyed to read anything intricately worded.

Thanks. :)

I had this same issue, turns out there was something wrong with my launch options. So I removed all that I had there apart from -mod=@dayz of course, and I added one by one, testing as I went to see what one caused the problem. It may be a different option that is causing the problem for you.

Hope this helps if you haven't tried it already.

Yeah google search the proper launch options.

hold on, heres mine, its longer than it needs to be, but leaves no room for doubt, you can use it if you have the default file paths on win7 64 bit

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash

This is the launch option i'm using for the Arma 2 beta -

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

You also need to make sure that the arma2oa.exe (beta) in - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta - is actually the swapped for the main "ArmA2OA.exe" in the main arma 2 operation arrowhead folder. (Make sure you make a backup of it first.)

Hope that made sense, lol.