Sign in to follow this  
Soxter

DayZ Standalone Framerates

Hi guys, in DayZ much players having problems with framerates, i'm a example, I have Gtx 570, i5 3.3GHz,8 Gb ram and I do some video configs for my game run better. I wish know if when Standalone comes they will optimize games for run in decent framerates in Pcs like mine...

You should be getting very good frames already, I have the same settup,

Do you have the "K" version of your cpu? If so, consider 4ghz overclock. It will boost your frames by a lot.

I have i7 3770k with 32g ram and 3 x gtx670 4gb and i only get 35 fps

bf3 however I get 70fps @ ultra settings across all 3 screens :D

Edited by Creep-

You should be getting very good frames already, I have the same settup,

Do you have the "K" version of your cpu? If so, consider 4ghz overclock. It will boost your frames by a lot.

No, unfortunately i don't have the "K" in my processor... i'll do some upgrades soon, but low framerates just ridiculous !

Look that, ridiculous, ur PC are VERY GOOD and only getting 35 fps... we need an optimization FAST !

HAHA, here i can run battlefield 3 in high without problems, now DayZ just trolling us...

If you're running the 3 screens while playing dayz, then that is certainly the problem. As far as I know, SLI doesn't work properly in Arma 2.

If you're only running 1 screen, then you've done something wrong, as I know a lot of people with the same 3770k, GTX 670 setup as you, and they get 60 constant

If you're running the 3 screens while playing dayz, then that is certainly the problem. As far as I know, SLI doesn't work properly in Arma 2.

If you're only running 1 screen, then you've done something wrong, as I know a lot of people with the same 3770k, GTX 670 setup as you, and they get 60 constant

Yeah I am playing it on the 3 screens. I know I could get better fps with just one but just try and play again with one screen after you've played with 3. It's seriously THAT much cooler.

Arma 2 is a strange beast. I've seen people with not even half my specs max out, yet I struggle to stay above 30 FPS in towns with GTX 680 FTW and a I5-3570k. You will probably get better framerates in DayZ Standalone, as I'm guessing it will be more stable.

Also, they did tons of optimizations, but it's unknown whether they are using those optimization to add more zombies or better draw distance.

It's a fairly old game (Arma 2) so I would imagine DayZ standalone would be designed to run on the specs of todays computers

I get solid 60 out in the woods and 40-50 in cities with player bodys

One thing I don't understand why people say overclock or dayz is cpu intensive, but I still only see dayz using about 20-25% of the cpu at any given moment. Will an overclock still help in this situation?

I have a 3770k with mild overclock to 4.2 and 6870 gpu. I get about 40-30 fps. but it still feels choppy compared to Arma2 or bf3

LOL I'm with my old I5 (can't remember exact model) and my 6870 and I get over 60 FPS most of the time.

This mod has some serious optimization problems...

Hopefully they will fix these problems in the SA.

One thing I don't understand why people say overclock or dayz is cpu intensive, but I still only see dayz using about 20-25% of the cpu at any given moment. Will an overclock still help in this situation?

I have a 3770k with mild overclock to 4.2 and 6870 gpu. I get about 40-30 fps. but it still feels choppy compared to Arma2 or bf3

In you're case, its probably your settings + GPU that is slowing your frames.

LOL I'm with my old I5 (can't remember exact model) and my 6870 and I get over 60 FPS most of the time.

This mod has some serious optimization problems...

Hopefully they will fix these problems in the SA.

What the?? Can you please share your settings with me?

What the?? Can you please share your settings with me?

I'm just with anti-aliasing disabled and any other thing on medium-high.

I also changed something in the Arma 2 OA config (Documents>ArmA2>ArmA2OA), I changed the value of GPU_MaxFramesAhead to 1 and the GPU_DetectedFramesAhead to 1.

That's it.

I run a gtx 280 and an old AMD quad core. I can get 30-100 frames in forrests, farmland, coast and small towns but when it comes to large towns/cities my fps drops to sometimes below 20 which is unplayable for me. I hope the standalone is better optimized for guys like me who use older systems that should still be able to play ARMA/OA at medium or high settings. These issues only happen on high pop servers. Low pop servers (under 20) I can get a solid 25 fps in Electro! :thumbsup:

Edited by PracticalTactical

I'm just with anti-aliasing disabled and any other thing on medium-high.

I also changed something in the Arma 2 OA config (Documents>ArmA2>ArmA2OA), I changed the value of GPU_MaxFramesAhead to 1 and the GPU_DetectedFramesAhead to 1.

That's it.

Thanks I'll try your method.

This game need seriously optimizations, i't's just ridiculous to run in 60 fps stable...