Sign in to follow this  
oxHERSHEYxo

Looting locked home Pro/cons

I've seen a lot in dayz. just not locked homes.

I feel as though when walking in a town you might think homes would have locked doors but most of the homes have there doors wide open. Mmmm. I think that if you had a few homes in a town with a pro/con breaking and entering system, you could add a bit of flavor to having to creep though a town searching for supplies. Rather then always walking into a home. heres a busting into homes pro/con system for adding some flavor to breaking and entering a locked home in dayZ.

Pros: Probly gonna find just a little better loot inside the home or higher chance at least.

You might just feel like a real B A after you bust in a door or window.

Might need a way out of a building if your being chased in a building. / back door.

Adds a simple flavor to exploring a town.

More action in towns? / value.

Cons: If you choose to bust down the door theres going to be Noise. So you run the chance of being heard by Zombies and other players.

When ever you bust a door down remember all force has a equal and opposite reaction. Aka you might hurt you self a litte bit by burisings bones or getting cuts but it worth it, right?

If you break in a door, it might look like a smashed door letting others know you smashed a door.

effects hunger a litte bit for proforming an action.

I think this would add more flavor for when a player needs to go to town and you might have to decide if you should break into locked homes. I hope you like the idea just trying to give a suggestion thats homes could be a lot more just buildings in dayZ. Plz help, more idea for locked homes to have value in dayZ, just trying to improve towns for simple flavor.

• Like 8

Can't see why not - i am sure there would be more locked homes than those with open doors.

In the SA, this idea has been suggested, i imagine it would be like you can find pick-locking tools to aid in quite access to these houses. Also it should be possible to "brake down/Smash window" but that would cause a loud noise.

*Edit* "did not read your full post" you explain it very much like how i would imagine it

Edited by Ovation

I would love to have locked doors because they can make the same system to lock them and maybe get to be able to do a barricade to survive from all the incoming zombies.

Edited by Guisho
  • Like 1

Or a locked home you can break into with a family of zombies inside of it.

The crash from opening the door attacts the aggro, you run inside turn around to chop at the eterance, you hear a shrill cries from behind you, you go to run out the front door and you get double teamed between zombie hordes. I can feel the rage already...surpise zombie rage

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

Good idea but you should never get hurt kicking in a door. That would be so dumb if you injured yourself kicking it in. no cuts or bruises

Or a locked home you can break into with a family of zombies inside of it.

The crash from opening the door attacts the aggro, you run inside turn around to chop at the eterance, you hear a shrill cries from behind you, you go to run out the front door and you get double teamed between zombie hordes. I can feel the rage already...surpise zombie rage

i think that situation would be quite enjoyable, would make you think before breaking down a door.

Good idea but you should never get hurt kicking in a door. That would be so dumb if you injured yourself kicking it in. no cuts or bruises

soo, getting slammed by a fucking door is painless to you? do you realise how fragile the human body is to impact?

Edit: sorry, a bit offensive there, this is going to be a shitstorm and a half.

Edited by radivmoe

soo, getting slammed by a fucking door is painless to you? do you realise how fragile the human body is to impact?

Edit: sorry, a bit offensive there, this is going to be a shitstorm and a half.

Well most people kick down a door while wearing shoes. You don't headbutt or body slam the door. As long as your wearing shoes noone would be dumb enough to hurt themselves breaking in a door. Especially our chopper flying, car mechanic, every gun master, and endless sprinter zombie surviver.

Also most people shoot out the lock with a shotgun or something so that you can walk right in. its called the masterKEY for a reason

Edited by jayman9696
  • Like 1

Well most people kick down a door while wearing shoes. You don't headbutt or body slam the door. As long as your wearing shoes noone would be dumb enough to hurt themselves breaking in a door. Especially our chopper flying, car mechanic, every gun master, and endless sprinter zombie surviver.

Also most people shoot out the lock with a shotgun or something so that you can walk right in. its called the masterKEY for a reason

it's quite difficult to kick a door open, the most effective way of breaking it down with your body is to slam it with your shoulder. also the power needed to kick down a modern door could possibly hurt your knees, maybe there could be two options, slam it with your shoulder with pain effect and possible health loss, or kicking it down and risk breaking your legs!

it's quite difficult to kick a door open, the most effective way of breaking it down with your body is to slam it with your shoulder. also the power needed to kick down a modern door could possibly hurt your knees, maybe there could be two options, slam it with your shoulder with pain effect and possible health loss, or kicking it down and risk breaking your legs!

All of you need to just google kicking in a door. The crappy wooden cherno doors would open with one easy kick. Also nobody with a brain in this world thinks its a good idea to shoulder check a door. You get a higher surface area to force with your foot allowing you to break of the lock. You also wouldn't kick so hard you hurt yourself. Its common sense to know how hard you can kick before injury.

I honestly should go to home depot, buy a door, and video myself kicking it in. I'll show how safe and easy it is. The only real problem when kicking in a door is damaging the door itself.

Ps. The human body is not very fragile.

All of you need to just google kicking in a door. The crappy wooden cherno doors would open with one easy kick. Also nobody with a brain in this world thinks its a good idea to shoulder check a door. You get a higher surface area to force with your foot allowing you to break of the lock. You also wouldn't kick so hard you hurt yourself. Its common sense to know how hard you can kick before injury.

I honestly should go to home depot, buy a door, and video myself kicking it in. I'll show how safe and easy it is. The only real problem when kicking in a door is damaging the door itself.

Ps. The human body is not very fragile.

i know this could seem like a bitching argument to some, but i think more people should look at this and reply to this than us two.

this very week i have been having Anatomy in school, we just finished talking about bones and muscles. i submit if you have any superior knowledge, but the joints (the knee for example) are as far as i know quite fragile. this leads me to believe that kicking in a door can have negative effects on your knees.

Absolutely love the idea.

But god help you if you add any more ways that doors could hurt me Im going to pour gasoline on myself and light a match.

Doors account for like 35% of my total deaths on dayz.

I think the better loot, the more difficult it should be to access the building. Low-reward, residential buildings might just need a good door-bash or window break. High-reward buildings could have their own backup power supply and alarm system. Breaking in would set off the alarm alerting zeds and players. This would make every looting plan tense and time-constrained, allowing greater immersion and danger.

The toolbox could double as a lockpicking or break & enter kit. You could also lock buildings back up, fooling other players into thinking it's unlooted, then ambush them once they come inside.

The potential situations this feature could create are awesome. I'd definitely like to see this in DZSA. You have my beans sir.