nick0891

INSTALL DAYZ AND HAVING TO DELETE MANY FILES

i have arma CO from amazon and i got dayz commander and updated it and arma 2 now however it says i must delete a lot of files and i don't know why. so if anybody has any idea of how to fix this problem or can tell me the correct way to download dayz both will be appreciated. please respond

You need to update arma 2 to 1.11 a lot of people forget this

ive done tht but i still need to delete files thats what it says when i try to join a server

When connecting to a server you get this message about deleting files yes ?

This means you are loading different/other files then the server has loaded up.

DO NOT REMOVE THESE FILES !!!!!!!!

You just have to make sure you are not loading wrong files when connecting to a server.

First make sure your Arma2 game is working stand alone, make sure you play a game or two. Make sure you update it to the latest patch version.

Then make sure ArmaOA is working and updated.

Now install the Dayz mod ( this is just a folder with some files inside of it) you can just download it from this website and manually place the @DayZ folder into the root directory of arma2

Now use "play with six" or "dayzcommander"

you are just trying to connect to server with more or different addon files loaded up, to fix this you have to make sure you are NOT loading these files, this is NOT done by just deleting them(maybe other servers need you to have these files)

There are different ways of activating addons, one way is to start your game and on the main screen there is an option called"expansions", go in here and make sure the correct ones are ticked and the NOT correct ones are unticked. (i'm sorry i have it not infront of me)

I think you have to thick :

* arma2

* arma2 oa

* arma2 baf lite

* arma2 pmc lite

* Dayz

another way is by adding startup parameters to the startup shortcut, but since most people use "play with six" or "dayzcommander" this is not used that much anymore.

Edited by Allie