Sign in to follow this  
sephisto69

Kicked from UK4 with picture

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577833245672314071/1898A993A1F29D052D299C29B3F9DAD0CDF78CF8/

My friend and I were looking for servers to join, only a few UK servers use the latest hotfix patch so we went and joined UK4. My mate got in but I didn't, I was immediately kicked after joining the server with that message.

What's that all about?

Were you wearing camo gear?

I'm asking not because it's against any rules, but if you weren't maybe the admin meant to ban someone else and somehow messed up? I have no idea why camo gear is used as a reason for a ban, camo clothing, ghillie suits and camouflaged SVDs are all legit gear no?

Even if they weren't legit, they cannot ban you (you may have picked em up from a dead body). Also, using "fuck off" in a ban is childish. I guess the admin (if the whole story is how it has been exposed.. since we didn't listen to the other bell yet) is probably 12yo.

Hello,

I have sent a request off to the Server Owner for a time to contact him to help address this issue you're having with the Server. I've also notified him that this thread was created - so he too can see what is going on.

Regards,

Diederik.

-Community Server Administration-

I'm wearing camo clothing, and using an M14 AIM (I think it's called that) found from a crashed Helicopter, there's no camo paint or whatever on it. :S

Edit: thanks Diederik

Nobody should really pass judgement until the admin makes a post (if any) explaining his/their action for the ban. I am not saying Sephisto has done something wrong, but i've seen so many posts by players claiming the admin victimised them for a variety of reasons, which then turns out to be not exactly the truth when the server logs get shown. The ban message was stupid and maybe a bit childish on the Admins part. but it may very well have been a case of mistaken identity on their part in thinking they were banning someone previously kicked for exploiting something.

I'm asking not because it's against any rules' date=' but if you weren't maybe the admin meant to ban someone else and somehow messed up? I have no idea why camo gear is used as a reason for a ban, camo clothing, ghillie suits and camouflaged SVDs are all legit gear no?

[/quote']

They are legit gear, just not easy to find. So I'm confused with the first part of the ban. Curious to see the evidence of hacking though.

But like you said, maybe it was just a genuine mistake. Admins are human too.

I'm asking not because it's against any rules' date=' but if you weren't maybe the admin meant to ban someone else and somehow messed up? I have no idea why camo gear is used as a reason for a ban, camo clothing, ghillie suits and camouflaged SVDs are all legit gear no?

[/quote']

They are legit gear, just not easy to find. So I'm confused with the first part of the ban. Curious to see the evidence of hacking though.

I am absolutely curious to see what evidence he has to kick me. Hope he'll see this thread.

Perhaps I killed him and he didn't take it too well, I don't remember.

Hi, this was my mistake - one which im dreadfully sorry for, you see, i banned you by mistake instead of another player, and then I thought i'd removed it from the arma2rcon gui took i used to issue the ban.

Backstory:

There was a chap running around cherno with satchels and "full military gear" blowing up things the other night, as was reported by several of my regulars.

when I asked about this in game chat, i was told that the item he was wearing was CAMO_DZ or something to that description. I did a quick search through the logs and found 2, or 3 entries for Camo, then searched through script.log to find if anything had been spawned.

I can't remember the exact line that triggered me to ban you but it was script restriction 16 or something like that.

After issuing the ban I then conversed with the chaps in the admins IRC channel who told me #16 was a known bug. better informed I went to the rcongui and rightclick removed the ban.

I'm guessing this did not save.

I can only apologise.

Sephisto is absolutely innocent in the regard and I'm an over-reacting dumb ass.

Seph, when you're next on, let me know through direct chat and I'll wilfully submit myself for execution.

Diedrik, I would gladly provide the logs, if they were not rotated out on a regular basis, I have 2 days worth at the moment, Seph was banned Thursday/Friday if i remember.

Is there anything I can do to help?

[/quote']

I am absolutely curious to see what evidence he has to kick me. Hope he'll see this thread.

Perhaps I killed him and he didn't take it too well, I don't remember.

camo gear is legit, the gear I thought that I was banning for, was the full military clothing Helmet, full sleeve camo... the lot...

I was given the wrong information, and acted on what i was later told was a bug (Script restriction #16 (issues with ALEX in scripts.txt) )

I was a bit miffed because earlier that day my entire server had been "asploded lol" by some script kiddy and I couldn't find anything in the logs about it, I honestly thought i'd finally caught one of the buggers in the act when I saw that script restriction pop up in my search results.

As for killing me... join the queue it seems to be Greg open season on UK4 lately, I've had my camp demolished by a rogue atv, with me in the tent, been sniped too many times to count, had a heli crash into me and god knows what else in that last two weeks.

I take each death as it comes, my mistakes for feeling safe in dayz, admins who kick / ban / restart the server when they are killed do not deserve to host if the cannot remain impartial. I've always had this outlook, look through my posts and you should see that.

I'm really just a nice guy who just wants to do right by his server people.

Why on earth would you cheat on your own server? Are you trying to piss your players off? First off... why would you cheat in the first place? The game is a lot of fun when you play legitimately.

Hey man, it's fine. I wasn't bummed about it or anything, was just curious as to why.

Glad it's cleared up anyway :P See you around in Chernarus!

Why on earth would you cheat on your own server? Are you trying to piss your players off? First off... why would you cheat in the first place? The game is a lot of fun when you play legitimately.

Who on earth said anything about me cheating on my own server?

How did you infer that from my (poorly spelled and grammatically inferior) post?

I must say, I wrote that poorly and had no excuses for the amount of errors, it looks as though I'm a twelve year old with adhd!

Anyway, this issue is resolved.

Thanks Sephisto for understanding my gorilla fist approach to hackers :D

I'll be around tonight I believe, so if you want to vent that pent up aggression let me know :)

greg.... tldr..... i reckon you just decided to kick someone random to get in the server and then created this massive post completely out of imaginationland HAR HAR

greg.... tldr..... i reckon you just decided to kick someone random to get in the server and then created this massive post completely out of imaginationland HAR HAR

Lol jubag, glad you guys finally got uk8 running again :)

That post is what happens at stupid o'clock in the morning.

moved to a new server with an e3somthingintelfast and its in london this time and not just france but with a really good route to keep the ping low, we could host a couple servers on it but you know hassle n all :)

Fail understanding is fail.