Sign in to follow this  
Lpjz2

Any experienced Admins here?

Hey guys, so me and a couple friends bought a DayZ Private hive. (bliss).

We have a couple question and i was wondering if there are any experienced Admins that could fill me in...

Okay so first we have battleye and BEC and all that but there seems to be a couple of differant places and ways to make someone admin? Like you use BEC to make in-games admins using their GUID and that makes them able to use commands. Is this good enough or do i need to do more.

Also this is my main issue. Iv seen admins on other PRIVATE HIVES have the ability to do... well admin stuff. Like look at the locations of all the players on the map, spawn weapons and add consoles. Basically my question is how do they do this, im guessing there is a way admins can run scripts. Is there any tutorials or places i can find these scrips and how do i run them?

Thanks for reading guys, i appricate any help.

Edited by Lpjz2

The answers to your questions all depend on how your hosting provider has things configured. You really should contact their support to get the help you need.

The answers to your questions all depend on how your hosting provider has things configured. You really should contact their support to get the help you need.

Will do thank you.

Yep as above really. All depends what server control features you have from your provider. Its not uncommon for server admins to use the power of the dark side to control their servers, as the official dayz server admin tools are non existant.

There is a new tool recently developed called Silent Warrior admin tool. It has very good features like live player monitoring and tracking, teleporting players (useful for when someone is stuck 40km off map I debug or when a hacker teleports everyone miles out to sea). It does require full database access though so this will be the key factor in whether or jot you can use it.

There is a new tool recently developed called Silent Warrior admin tool. It has very good features like live player monitoring and tracking, teleporting players (useful for when someone is stuck 40km off map I debug or when a hacker teleports everyone miles out to sea). It does require full database access though so this will be the key factor in whether or jot you can use it.

I cant find Silent Warrior Admin Tool Anywhere? Could you post a link?

I cant find Silent Warrior Admin Tool Anywhere? Could you post a link?

when i get home from work yes i will, but for now, seach youtube, there is a 2 part video explaining how it works etc...