Sign in to follow this  
robbierocketpants

My body disappeared

Still pretty new to DayZ. Yesterday I did a stupid thing and got too greedy at a chopper crash at the NW airfield, had low blood and got bashed by a zombie who then ate me to death while I was knocked out. I respawned in Elektro I think and decided to make the almost hour long run back to the airfield to loot my body and pick up my UAZ. I hopped into the UAZ where I'd left it just outside the airfield and literally drove straight to the crash site to get my stuff.... and my body was gone.

Now here's the thing, I was playing very late so there was no one else on the server at the time. What happened? Is it a glitch or did I do something wrong? I've never actually had the opportunity to loot my own body before so I don't know how this works.

I'm not sure about the exact timing but your body does despawn and you often can still hear the flies where your body was.

You need to be fairly quick, best bet is to get a lift off somebody but unless it's somebody you know you may find yourself killed again.

Edited by wooly-back-jack

I'm pretty sure bodies still disappear after a time, though I don't remember how long that takes.

Maybe I just took too long then, I did run there and it must have taken at least 45 min. I didn't think about that. There were no flies when I got there so the body was completely gone. But since the server was empty except for me there wasn't much I could do about it. I did find a few broken vehicles on the way but I figured the time it would take me to fix them could be spent running. Oh well, bye bye ghillie suite :)

It's possible that your body timer just passed or a server restart happened, not too sure mate but id suggest to start to look at DayZ like this "nothing is forever" it actually makes the game a lot more fun!

It's possible that your body timer just passed or a server restart happened, not too sure mate but id suggest to start to look at DayZ like this "nothing is forever" it actually makes the game a lot more fun!

Oh I know, it did suck because I had everything I needed although I guess the thing to do is find a tent or load up my vehicle with things that I don't want to lose if I die. It is what it is, I just wasn't sure if I had done something wrong in respawning or something.

HIde body...

1. He did state there was nobody else on the server at the time, so no.

2. Even when a body is hidden, you would still hear flies.

My guess is it just despawned over time!

On some servers bodies will de-spawn quicker than the norm to help reduce lag.

also hitting abort then disconnecting super fast after death will cause your body to disappear and leave no fly sounds. unless you somehow missed a server restart i would say that is what happened.

Edited by Rob999

Once I died, went to loot my body. (5-10 minutes away) and my body disappeared. Had good gear! All gone !