Sign in to follow this  
Rakajj

NY47 - Updated to 1.7.1 and Beta 93825 still has Side Chat

So I updated the server files last night as soon as they came out and people had no problem getting in after updating...but for whatever reason Side chat is still enabled.

I'm using a mission file that I got from my host within the last week, not sure if I need a newer / different one or what. I PM'd Tonic about this earlier this week but didn't get a response.

Also, anyone know of a way to launch with the Dedicated Server Tool and to still require a specific beta version? There isn't an option for it in the interface but I dropped the required version line of code into its config file as it doesn't use the standard one, not sure if it is working quite right though.

You need to download the new mission file. Disabling of chat is done via mission and not server-side.

Who do I PM to get access to the new mission files? I tried quite a few of the Purple people.

I asked my host for an updated one today and he gave me a new one...but side chat is still enabled...

Dark, I think you need to require the beta update that disabled it/allowed it to be disabled.

That being said, yeah...the communication between Devs / Server Admins is lacking.

That being said' date=' yeah...the communication between Devs / Server Admins is lacking.

[/quote']

Understatement of the year.