Sign in to follow this  
karel.airapetjan@gmail.com

Oculus Rift support might be coming a bit sooner

Someone is making a custom drivers for existing games that should work it Oculus Rift.

Someone asked him about DayZ and this is what he said "ArmA 2 is supported and thus DayZ, I would guess. Although this is one of the cases, where I only worked with the demo so far, so this isn't 100% confirmed. Something might have changed in later patches that breaks the driver. Unlikely, but not impossible. Many things are very game specific in a driver like this."

So if we are lucky we could play the game and be inside the world. I am getting my developer edition in few months so i will try it out and let you know.

Source : http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=16097&start=30

That'd be just awesome to play DayZ with that.

Any news about release date for Oculus Rift? Is there some way to be on the developer testing program?

That'd be just awesome to play DayZ with that.

Any news about release date for Oculus Rift? Is there some way to be on the developer testing program?

No commercial release date yet. It is expected somewhere around 2014.

But you can order the devkit version from their site, if you wish to do so. http://www.oculusvr.com/ Only thing to keep in mind that this is not a finished version.

Is there some way to be on the developer testing program?

Pledge a couple hundred bucks and you'll get an Oculus Rift of your own.

Except that it's a prototype, and you have to put it together yourself.

ArmA2 is one of the the only current FPS games to really support head tracking (Head movement independent of body) so its a pretty good bet that it will work great with the rift. I finally built a freetrack setup over the weekend. The video above does a good job explaining. they really should be using arma2 to demo the thing. The demos they use just map head movement to mouse XY.

I'm pretty excited about the rift. I've been waiting for affordable consumer VR for over 20 years now. Looks like it might be happening this time.

SA Should work as well. I just bought Take on Helicopters to try it out with freetrack but I haven't set it up yet.

here is a video that shows why Arma2 is ready for something like the rift