Military Derpy

@DayZ file having to be moved/deleted when joining a server

I have been trying to get o a DayZ server for a while now and I keep getting this popup saying to delete all my files in the DayZ folder and sometimes in a different folder. It said something about additional files and keys or something but I'm completely confused on what to do. Please Help! Fast!

Are you sure it's a DayZ server and not a regular ARMA 2 server or some other mod?

Completly, I tried reconnecting a few times but it just came up with the same popup Edited by Military Derpy

Completly, I tried reconnecting a few times but it just came up with the same popup

Only the same server? Try anywhere between 3-10 servers and see what happens then. Also make sure that the server isn't running on an older version, and isn't using any sub-mods like DayZ+ or DayZ 2017.

Only the same server? Try anywhere between 3-10 servers and see what happens then. Also make sure that the server isn't running on an older version, and isn't using any sub-mods like DayZ+ or DayZ 2017.

Allways did that. Still doing it.

I can tell not many people have had it

It says this: Files *insert file names here (a.k.a every file in DayZ folder)* is not signed to a key on this server. Please remove these files and try again

Where did you download DayZ from?

I'd recommend using the DayZ Commander, as well as use that to search servers.

Because right now, it seems like either all the servers you are joining to are using different files, or yours are modified. Or you're missing the .bisign files.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Where did you download DayZ from?

I'd recommend using the DayZ Commander, as well as use that to search servers.

Because right now, it seems like either all the servers you are joining to are using different files, or yours are modified. Or you're missing the .bisign files.

Well DayZ commander isn't working because I messed with were the Path leads to. I may need a little help with that... he he

But I thought I was missing a few files when I downloaded it

Well DayZ commander isn't working because I messed with were the Path leads to. I may need a little help with that... he he

But I thought I was missing a few files when I downloaded it

Redownload/install DayZ Commander.

Or see where your ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA are installed to.

Redownload/install DayZ Commander.

Or see where your ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA are installed to.

I'm using steam

and I've tried reinstalling commander but it has never worked

I just tried it again and it said something about adding new files that use the key which I think means add the rest of the DayZ folders. I probably don't have all the files

I'm using steam

and I've tried reinstalling commander but it has never worked

Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA 2\whateverexe.exe

Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead\whateverexe.exe

Find those full paths and type the them in the game directories section in DayZ Commander's settings.

I'm on my laptop so I can't check what the .exe files are actually called. arma2oa.exe, most likely.

Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA 2\whateverexe.exe

Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead\whateverexe.exe

Find those full paths and type the them in the game directories section in DayZ Commander's settings.

I'm on my laptop so I can't check what the .exe files are actually called. arma2oa.exe, most likely.

I don't think I said this but I can't open DayZ commander :/

I don't think I said this but I can't open DayZ commander :/

Well. I tried. I'm no tech support and I haven't had that problem, myself.

*Pays attention to class.*

Edit; http://dayzmod.com/?Download

Didn't find this worth another post, as it should be obvious.

Maybe give PlaywithSIX a try?

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

You can keep helping. well, I'll do what I can

hopefully things will get better soon I'll report in a few dayz time (see what I did there)

edit: been trying to use torrents but the one on the website is outdated or I just downloaded something wrong.

edit 2: Figured it out! was missing a few files in the DayZ folder that's all. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it

Edited by Military Derpy

Edit; http://dayzmod.com/?Download

Didn't find this worth another post, as it should be obvious.

Maybe give PlaywithSIX a try?

Nothing likes working with me

some error allways pops up :/

Nothing likes working with me

some error allways pops up :/

It's best to write down and/or look up the errors you get. It'll help a lot on our side.

i too am having that problem where it says i must delete alot of files before playing . and yes dayz commander i currently unavailable for me. but i think that dayz commander would work better. i have gotten dayz and am now trying to get it again the only difference is i used with six but other than that i did everything exactly the same so im just gonna wait for the website and download commander

It's best to write down and/or look up the errors you get. It'll help a lot on our side.

it works fine but when I try to install DayZ it comes up with a message saying:

Type: Six.sync.models.

StackTrace: at ..(string)

at ..()

at ..(Dictionary2)

blah blah blah

i too am having that problem where it says i must delete alot of files before playing . and yes dayz commander i currently unavailable for me. but i think that dayz commander would work better. i have gotten dayz and am now trying to get it again the only difference is i used with six but other than that i did everything exactly the same so im just gonna wait for the website and download commander

Actually I read a small forum post saying something about the same problem we're having

I closed it earlier not thinking about posting it here

I'll get the link in a sec and I'll post it here

Edited by Military Derpy