Sign in to follow this  
Darkwolf1778

DayZ Commander (how to check if a server is hive or not)

Hey guys,

So i just got WarZ working, and i logged out after playing for 30mins (server was laggy and wanted to change). So i selected another server andddd, i respawned near the coast with nothing. Aparently, i wasnt on a hive server. So how do i check if its a hive server or not with DayZ Commander?

Err, bit of a 'typo' there? :P

DZC puts a little cloud icon in the server descriptions of private ("unofficial") servers. You can filter them out using the options on the left ("Hide unofficial"). Sometimes I find that I need to do a full rescan after changing this option.

As a side note, I wish there was an option to hide official servers.

• Like 1

This...IS....DAYZ :P careful youll get skewered alive making that misslip. click the hide unofficial box in dayzcommander it filters the non hive servers out.

:facepalm:

Well if you have somehow managed to get onto WarZ through DayZ Commander then i am sorry for you.

If you log onto another server that isn't a public server then you will starts afresh. To carry on with that character you need to log in to the same server each time. In DayZ Commander you can see if it is a public server because the private ones have a little X icon (i think?)

• Like 1

Yeah, i am fully aware of my lack of knowledge of this game and the client. I am in a rush to play, so that's why i posted here instead of going and researching. Thanks alot though, only got the servers i want now!

Sorry to derail this thread but Fraggle what does the unlabeled can of beans signify. Still pretty new to the forums so sorry for dumb question. :rolleyes:

Sorry to derail this thread but Fraggle what does the unlabeled can of beans signify. Still pretty new to the forums so sorry for dumb question. :rolleyes:

Would you rather have a can of Heinz Baked Beans or an empty tin can?

• Like 1

Would you rather have a can of Heinz Baked Beans or an empty tin can?

OK yea, thank you, I did say it was a dumb question lol :blush: Just wanted to be sure.