Sign in to follow this  
Soxter

I need some help with framerates

Hi guys, i'm having a problem with ridiculous framerates in DayZ, i really don't know why this is happening, sometimes my fps simply downs a lot, can anyone help me? i can run battlefield 3 in high without problems with my spec. My specs :

i5 2500 3.3Ghz

8Gb ram

Gtx 570

Plz, help me ! Cheers

Great description of your problem.

Buy more RAM

Buy more RAM? I don't think RAM is a problem

• Like 2

Can you describe your problem? Like.. when does it happen? how often, how long, how low, normal FPS, what server, current GPU drivers?

Edited by Cdrive

Can you describe your problem? Like.. when does it happen? how often, how long, how low, normal FPS, what server, current GPU drivers?

It happens when i'm nearby city like Cherno, i play more at TGP Private Hive Server, my GPU drivers at update. Ty

Your system seems close to mine and I recently did some stuff in the options that helped my framerate a bunch, originally i was getting from 9-20 in some towns like cherno and after tweaking some options shooting quite a bit up to between 25 and 60, all of which didn't make much; if any at all difference to overall graphic quality.

try these suggestions, worth a shot...

Set "3D resolution" to 100%, so it both equals your interface resolution and your native desktop resolution.

Set "Video Memory" to "Default". <-- The setting named default (Below very high).

Set "Vsync" to disabled.

Set post processing settings to "very low" or "off".

Turn down shadow detail to low.

Turn off Anti-Aliasing (disable), Instead use PPAA in the advanced graphics options instead of normal Anti Aliasing to enhance image quality try each to see what you like best, personally I use the sharp filters.

I also turn down "Head Bobbing" in the Game Options.

Please let me know if you try these and have positive results.

Edited by Brave.arse

http://www.dayzpvp.com/ultimate-dayz-graphics-settings-and-tweaks-guide/

go through that and change what you feel comfortable changing (It requires some .cfg tweaks). I had the same problem on some servers, but if you spend a bit of time tweaking yuo should clear up most of the lag, with the exception of max item/vehicle servers, and takistan. For whatever reason I always lag on takistan servers no matter what settings (I could run at lowest and get 25 fps)

Your system seems close to mine and I recently did some stuff in the options that helped my framerate a bunch, originally i was getting from 9-20 in some towns like cherno and after tweaking some options shooting quite a bit up to between 25 and 60, all of which didn't make much; if any at all difference to overall graphic quality.

try these suggestions, worth a shot...

Set "3D resolution" to 100%, so it both equals your interface resolution and your native desktop resolution.

Set "Video Memory" to "Default". <-- The setting named default (Below very high).

Set "Vsync" to disabled.

Set post processing settings to "very low" or "off".

Turn down shadow detail to low.

Turn off Anti-Aliasing (disable), Instead use PPAA in the advanced graphics options instead of normal Anti Aliasing to enhance image quality try each to see what you like best, personally I use the sharp filters.

I also turn down "Head Bobbing" in the Game Options.

Please let me know if you try these and have positive results.

Really thanks ! now my game is more playable... but i really hope when Dayz Standalone get out they solve that problems with framerates ! Ty

http://www.dayzpvp.c...d-tweaks-guide/

go through that and change what you feel comfortable changing (It requires some .cfg tweaks). I had the same problem on some servers, but if you spend a bit of time tweaking yuo should clear up most of the lag, with the exception of max item/vehicle servers, and takistan. For whatever reason I always lag on takistan servers no matter what settings (I could run at lowest and get 25 fps)

ty mate... i'll try to do those cfg alterations ! Cheers

This happened to my friend once, try changing your graphics options to even lower, and if you are comfortable playing windowed then play windowed as you'll get 3-8+ fps - try updating your video driver.

Another tip i suggest you should do is to right click on desktop - Personalize then click on windows classic, now this may look terrible on your computer but it will dramatically increase your fps (depending on what your options were before)

Good luck!

This happened to my friend once, try changing your graphics options to even lower, and if you are comfortable playing windowed then play windowed as you'll get 3-8+ fps - try updating your video driver.

Another tip i suggest you should do is to right click on desktop - Personalize then click on windows classic, now this may look terrible on your computer but it will dramatically increase your fps (depending on what your options were before)

Good luck!

Ty for one more suggestion !

I just got a GTX 660 and now run these settings:

qB73l.jpg

I spent a half hour in the Editor messing with the settings and these had the best combination of appearance and performance in all locations (towns, open fields, forrests) however I do get a few frame drops when in fast cars or helis, so perhaps set the AA and 3D resolution a little lower if you can tolerate it. A few things to note: I have the 3D resolution set above the native monitor resolution (133%) - this is sometimes called over-rendering and it has the same effect as anti-aliasing but it keeps the original sharpness of the picture, it also hardly impacts FPS at all, PPAA hits FPS zero but it also doesn't work nearly as well as AA - no harm in turning it on or off depends what you prefer, keep Video memory on default or it will be capped, raising anisotropic filtering has no effect on FPS but improved image quality significantly, ATOC makes trees and grass look bearable when combined with AA at High or above - AA will hit FPS mainly in forrests and open fields I found High and very High to be sufficient when combined with over-rendering, shadow detail had no impact on FPS, terrain and specifically object detail hit FPS when not set at Very Low - get them as high as you can I have object detail low but it doesn't look too bad possibly due to the over-rendering, I would prefer to have it higher though, disable PP effects and set HDR to normal.

That's more notes then I meant to give but I hope that helps. I'm running my GTX 660 with a Intel Q6600 at 2.4GHz and 4GB of DDR2 so you should be able to run it like this pretty nicely.

• Like 1

I just got a GTX 660 and now run these settings:

qB73l.jpg

I spent a half hour in the Editor messing with the settings and these had the best combination of appearance and performance in all locations (towns, open fields, forrests) however I do get a few frame drops when in fast cars or helis, so perhaps set the AA and 3D resolution a little lower if you can tolerate it. A few things to note: I have the 3D resolution set above the native monitor resolution (133%) - this is sometimes called over-rendering and it has the same effect as anti-aliasing but it keeps the original sharpness of the picture, it also hardly impacts FPS at all, PPAA hits FPS zero but it also doesn't work nearly as well as AA - no harm in turning it on or off depends what you prefer, keep Video memory on default or it will be capped, raising anisotropic filtering has no effect on FPS but improved image quality significantly, ATOC makes trees and grass look bearable when combined with AA at High or above - AA will hit FPS mainly in forrests and open fields I found High and very High to be sufficient when combined with over-rendering, shadow detail had no impact on FPS, terrain and specifically object detail hit FPS when not set at Very Low - get them as high as you can I have object detail low but it doesn't look too bad possibly due to the over-rendering, I would prefer to have it higher though, disable PP effects and set HDR to normal.

That's more notes then I meant to give but I hope that helps. I'm running my GTX 660 with a Intel Q6600 at 2.4GHz and 4GB of DDR2 so you should be able to run it like this pretty nicely.

Ty !

Hi guys, i'm having a problem with ridiculous framerates in DayZ, i really don't know why this is happening, sometimes my fps simply downs a lot, can anyone help me? i can run battlefield 3 in high without problems with my spec. My specs :

i5 2500 3.3Ghz

8Gb ram

Gtx 570

Plz, help me ! Cheers

Odds are that you are joing 25 to 45 pop server and if I were you try a privet hive server tat only haz about 10 to 15 players at max and dorp down your 3d rez in the graphics to as low as you can and keep playing and turn of shadows and you might be in the good

I'm running the same setup but with a 670 and normally my fps is above 40 but sometimes for no apparent reason it goes below 10 even in the woods.