Ari (DayZ)

Bring back starting weapon!

The starting weapon is really important to surviving.

Without this, many new players will die repeatedly until they chance upon someone who will give them one.

When I first started, I died 8 times before finding another weapon, and that was with the makarov.

Imagine what it would be like without the makarov. It's like spawning at night.....without flares.

My suggestion: start with makarov with 1-2 clips (seriously, who carries around 6 magazines daily?)

Besides, this is a Post-Soviet semi-russian state. everyone has a gun!(and radiation.)

Without this' date=' many new players will die repeatedly until they chance upon someone who will give them one.

When I first started, I died 8 times before finding another weapon, and that was with the makarov.

Imagine what it would be like without the makarov. It's like spawning at night.....without flares.

My suggestion: start with makarov with 1-2 clips (seriously, who carries around 6 magazines daily?)

Besides, this is a Post-Soviet semi-russian state. everyone has a gun!(and radiation.)

[/quote']

or the player will learn that stealth is much more effective then trying to take on a swarm of zeds and be much more careful, and cheerish helpful players instead of simply shooting anyone on sight for loot.

is it a suggestion at all?

Please STOP doing suggestions on your first hour of playing.

Thanks.

This was one of the dumbest thing iv seen in a patch. You are trying to fix your broken spawn points by not giving people a gun making them spent 5-10 minjust to get a gun to defend your self. I dont get why you cant just fix the spawn points and not get rid of the starter wep because its not fun its just a huge waste of time for any user to have to spawn and find a gun.

But no one will see this because they deleat every poast addressing the huge problems with this patch so im sticking on patch 1.7 untill they cut the bandwidth to servers like they did 1.6.

How often do you see people on the street which carries a gun? And how often do you see EVERYONE carry one? See, just think about it and it makes perfect sense to start with only basic gear and without a gun. Much more fun this way too =)

Difficulty = fun

If we'd want a easier game we would just play WoW or some other gay game, right?

I like the fact that players dont start with guns now stops people from just running into the citys with a pistol and trying rob people because they have nothing to lose atleast now they go shit if i die im ganna have to go find a gun again. Mabye if they started you off with a really shitty pistol that was half impossible to kill players with just so you could kill 1 or 2 zombies it would be nice but it works how it is.

^ Fuck melee, running around with katana and mowing down zombies aint gonna be difficult, this is what I do at every other zombie game, running and swinging. It aint fun, it's more fun to run and you know you cant stop cuz then you're fucked..

Why not give everyone a DMR, NVG's, a map, GPS and body armour at spawn? That way we can all stroll up to the NW airfield and have a massive deathmatch session while Zeds massage our shoulders.

Or we could pretend it is the Zombie Apocalypse and realise we would probably have jackshit in terms of equipment and do what we can to survive.

Just some thoughts.

In a war ravaged country like Cherno, I'd think that most people WOULD have a gun. Plus, if they have survived long enough that the map gets populated with zombies and NO people are left... they are probably armed. I think they could alternatively cripple the zombie senses and run speed (make them like classic zombies, not sprinters), or even consider RANDOM weapons at start. From a pistol with a few mags, to even a crew served weapon (hey, some military people must have survived!)

Starting with a crew served machinegun seems cool but it would draw zeds for miles, having a pistol is great, but less stopping power

In a game which you CAN NOT fight without a firearm, i think it is essential you start with one.

Wuss radar going freaky now, I think we have major issues with wusses!!

Unfortunately previous versions of Day Z turned the game into a loot/avoid bandits experience. The Zeds were merely an annoyance. Now that the Zeds are rightfully dangerous people are whining because getting good gear and equipment is substantially harder.

I think the majority of these whingers need to select the female gender upon respawn because they obviously have no BALLS!

I agree with you.

A pistol' date=' 2 clips, a bandage and a backpack. That's it. No food or water.

[/quote']

Freshly spawned makaroni knights would kill each other for spare makarov mags. It would be a free-4-all on the shore.

give them a double barrel shotgun with 4 shells defence agenst bandits and a farly common ammo type as we can break down larger shotgunshell packs (also lets players lower there weapons so no issue with haveing the pistol out all the time

If they fix the sneak mechanic it would be more enjoyable. It isnt much of survival when you cant get the initial gear to survive.

I'd even be happy if EVERY building didnt have a mandatory spawn around it (roving bands only).

This new "no gun" thing is the worst update I have seen to date. Let me give a few examples why:

- I spawn and don't move for 5 seconds and a zombie is already attacking me (cant defend myself)

- I spawn and move a little bit (even crouched) and 70m away a zombie runs like crazy to come and attack me

- Due to zombies hating me no matter what and i don't want to spend 5 hours prone to go 200m I try to run into a building or around or get them off of me and they STILL come after me which they are suppose to lose track of me from the new patch but obviously it doesn't work. I have tried every method on every type of building.

- Then when i might actually have a chance to get a gun a zombie is spawned inside the building and guarding the only chance of survival i have

- Then when I finally have a gun after a few hours i die from some d-bag or something.

THEN , get this one because it's funny and ironic.

- Players with guns go and shoot players that are defenseless and even the 5% that don't mean any harm may see the flashlight as a weapon and so they shoot them. They like to be near the starting areas or town just to be a prick as well. This update encouraged these D-bag COD players even more. They probably are in LOVE with this update because no one can fight back at all.

Didn't we try to avoid people from being evil in spawn points? Well it's worse because people spawn kill the water or spawn kill any place that might have a gun.

This game mod isn't even fun anymore because it's broken.

Just like another player said, Why would you be out in the middle of nowhere with no food, drinks, or weapons.

I wouldn't even care if I had a plank to smack some zombies even if it broke after a certain amount of hits, at least I would have SOMETHING!

This new "no gun" thing is the worst update I have seen to date. Let me give a few examples why:

- I spawn and don't move for 5 seconds and a zombie is already attacking me (cant defend myself)

- I spawn and move a little bit (even crouched) and 70m away a zombie runs like crazy to come and attack me

- Due to zombies hating me no matter what and i don't want to spend 5 hours prone to go 200m I try to run into a building or around or get them off of me and they STILL come after me which they are suppose to lose track of me from the new patch but obviously it doesn't work. I have tried every method on every type of building.

- Then when i might actually have a chance to get a gun a zombie is spawned inside the building and guarding the only chance of survival i have

- Then when I finally have a gun after a few hours i die from some d-bag or something.

THEN ' date=' get this one because it's funny and ironic.

- Players with guns go and shoot players that are defenseless and even the 5% that don't mean any harm may see the flashlight as a weapon and so they shoot them. They like to be near the starting areas or town just to be a prick as well. This update encouraged these D-bag COD players even more. They probably are in LOVE with this update because no one can fight back at all.

Didn't we try to avoid people from being evil in spawn points? Well it's worse because people spawn kill the water or spawn kill any place that might have a gun.

This game mod isn't even fun anymore because it's broken.

Just like another player said, Why would you be out in the middle of nowhere with no food, drinks, or weapons.

I wouldn't even care if I had a plank to smack some zombies even if it broke after a certain amount of hits, at least I would have SOMETHING!

[/quote']

SO TRUE!

I startet with 1.6 and the game was fun, i could even endure the dbags, cuz i took some out with my Makarov. But this is stupid, i got 8 times spawncampt today, thats more than in the whole last month! 5 times i allready had a zombie on me before the Location-Indicator vanished. This update brings many good things, but made beeing a bandit the only option for new players like me. Everyone that wants to tell me different should try and die once and restart on a full 50 Server. This will shut you up, trust me! I finally managed to get away from the shore and inland, got some weapons and food+water. Ah, and i killed 11 players so far. And i took all their stuff. So thats how i become a dbag!?

Shruu

Wuss radar going freaky now' date=' I think we have major issues with wusses!!

[/quote']

no, it's just you.

if you think we are wussess for wanting to defend ourselves, go drop your guns and run into a pack of Zeds.the question: how long do you survive? the answer: a few seconds at best.

is it a suggestion at all?

Please STOP doing suggestions on your first hour of playing.

Thanks.

I have been playing for a week

Without this' date=' many new players will die repeatedly until they chance upon someone who will give them one.

[/quote']

or the player will learn that stealth is much more effective then trying to take on a swarm of zeds and be much more careful, and cheerish helpful players instead of simply shooting anyone on sight for loot.

That is why I suggested only having 1 magazine (8 rounds) so that players can have something in case of emergencies.

[/quote']

The problem is that the stealth/hiding mechanics still are almost broken, so hiding from/escaping zeds is nearly impossible. Plus, bandits/new players who find guns almost immediately turn on newly spawned players simpy because they cannot defend themselves.

How often do you see people on the street which carries a gun? And how often do you see EVERYONE carry one? See' date=' just think about it and it makes perfect sense to start with only basic gear and without a gun. Much more fun this way too =)

Difficulty = fun

If we'd want a easier game we would just play WoW or some other gay game, right?

[/quote']

Were talking abut a late-stage ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, not just a "Mom, I saw a zombie while walking fluffy earlier!" Chances are, the survivors thus far are going to have at least rudimentary firearms.

im going to guess the child who called me a wuss is either: someone who hacked the game for their weapons; or someone who has a cache of weapons and gear when the new update came and is acting the bandit and likes unarmed foes. My first week playing before this update were great. I had the Marakov but dared not use it. I snuck around, i horded gear, i even traded with another player (traded him some beans for a map). I was eventually killed by a bandit (its absurd, we should be fighting for survival, but to each their own) and played a few more games. The update came and now I can not get away from spawn areas since zeds come from kilometres away and I can not fight or outrun them.

I'd be god with no weapon if the zeds were gimped a bit. Its an alpha build, so i assume change is the norm

and as for people calling eachother wusses. Remember that the design of this game is to be hard but playable. Games which are TOO hard often bleed users as much as one that is too easy (the attrition rates of EVE Online and SWTOR respectively), and even hardcore military sims are tough for people... and most of my friends refuse to play Arma2 vanilla due to its learning curve