Sign in to follow this  
mitor

Being a Lone wolf, you should consider it.

I like that lone wolf feeling.

bobbin around on your own is a lot harder, i play with a group sometimes its just 2 of us or it could be 7 of us, we just had a new guy join us whos a friend of a dayz friend, he had a warm welcome to the group but had it easy.

So i see you point lone wolfing is good, but being in a team is also good, i suppose it does get boring really quick but we figured that out and now go on foot more often to make a 10 min drive into a half hour run, just makes it a bit more intense.

Anyways i like lone wolfing and dont disagree with it, its harder and can be more fun.

Hi,

I can see people a lot of people asking for clans, and a lot of clans recruiting.

I know a lot of them consider it's more fun playing with a lot of people, because they have vehicles, and all the stuff they want.

In my opinion, that's a mistake. As a hero, I've encountered people who were in a clan throughout my adventures. What I have to say is most of them seemed to be almost bored, the last one was considering(And his clan was also) starting to play WarZ. When I asked him how longer had played Dayz he said that for a month more or less.

He had had everything, he picked me up in a truck and gave me weapons and stuff.

The problem: He hadn't almost experienced being a newbie, discovering things for yourself, being fascinated and afraid from a helli, being happy for finding your first military grade weapon, finding the red car, repair it, carefully hide it...

it's just my opinion. I've been playing for months, and I'm still not bored. After three months being playing a friend of mine started playing with me, and after three months we discovered our first repairable helicopter(The Little bird)

I think the reason why people get bored of this game is because they discover everything very fast, and this is usually due to clans.

Being in a big clan breaks what Dayz is meant to be:

-Where is the feeling of Dieing if your clan is gonna pick you up and you are going to recover all your equipment?

-Where is the feeling of survival if a member of your clan can give you a blood bag at anytime in 10 seconds, even in combat?

Of course, being in a clan will probably reward you somehow, but it doesn't compensate.

I repeat again, just my opinion. I know there's going to come people saying I'm in a clan and I blah blah blah...

Yeah, I know. I only speak for the people I have met.

Ive been lone wolf since day one, Having someone in tow is a liability in my opinion unless they are as camo'd up as me and can move undetected.

There's loads of views on this case, it's like sexual intercourse, sometimes it's great to do alone while other times you just need more teammates.

I have been going Lone Wolf (Including real life) ever since the first day, the first time I ever had a team was when I first joined Balota Buddies. Lone Wolf makes it much easier in my opinion, you get to pick choices self, you don't need to rely on a group plan or rely on your group for that matter. I remember this one time I entered Elektro, some stupid people were talking over Side Chat planning out routes and such. These three people communicated like there were only those three here, so I decided I'd teach them a lesson. They were looting the Fire Station furthest west, one on the roof and two inside. I climbed up the ladder, put a bullet in his head, climbed down and speedwalked my way over to a bush. Sat laughing for 30 seconds looking at the two other guys stressing around and being shocked on Side Chat. They split up looking for me, I killed the other guy which had an m4, didn't have time to loot it though. Only me and the last guy left, I wanted to have some fun. He was running around looking for me and I was just stalking him, watched his every move. I cut him off through a turn, peeked over a half-broken wall and nailed a bullet into his kneecap leaving him stranded with zombies around him. Slowly looking at him getting hit, I aimed down the iron sights and shot him right in the face.

(TL;DR, 1v3 = Me Win)

Lesson here is, with wise play one single player can win over a team of multiple geared people.

I love playing the lone wolf. Always much more exciting that way.

I once spent two days crawling around looking for some morphine at the NWAF due to broken legs. I have spent tons of time searching for a cow to get some meat cause I was extremely low on blood. I remember all the great gear and what it was like to finally find it....then trade it for something I didn't have.

the one time i shortly teamed up with others i gave them a cold.

Why not keep your options open ... a loose alliance of independent operators mixed with solitude seems to work quite well.

I do both. Sometimes I play with some friends or a group and other times I lone wolf it. Depending on what I'm doing I enjoy one over the other. When I'm by myself I find that I am MUCH more aware of everything than when I'm with others. I'm a hero but when I have to kill someone, I find that I can kill people much easier when I'm by myself. Yeah it's scary as shit to fight someone or a group when your by yourself, but your ass is the only one you have to cover and you aren't checking to make sure the guy you see is your bud.

When I'm with a group I generally am more lax and carefree. I generally can goof off more and not really give a shit as much.

Why not keep your options open ... a loose alliance of independent operators mixed with solitude seems to work quite well.

Well, yeah. I also play with a friend from time to time. The thread only encourages players to play as a lone wolf to really experience was Dayz is meant to be. Also the problem is, as stated in the first post, that too many people start playing the game with an experienced clan/group of friends, which completely destroys what I call the "being a noobsy magic".

P.S: The 100+ vehicles super loot weapons start with bazooka servers also ruin the experience fore many players.

Edited by Mitor

Indeed Mitor. Perhaps hanging onto the coat tails of others or joining a Christmas server is a damning indictment of the modern trend for instant gratification without effort. Which is in turn devoid of entertainment value or a sense of achievement, but then I suppose ignorance is bliss.