Sign in to follow this  
mitor

Being a Lone wolf, you should consider it.

The problem I have with being a lone wolf is the same one you have with grouping up: it gets rather boring. I'd much rather spend my time talking and laughing with my friends while scavenging Chernarus than crawling through the muck on my stomach, terrified of getting shot.

Not that I would be, because I couldn't care less about what gear I have. The hatchet is my weapon of choice against zombies, and I usually have some sort of bullet tossing weapon in my backpack for bandits. What that weapon is is usually a toss up because it doesn't matter to me. I don't like the aesthetics of the Ghillie suit, and I can turn my brightness and gamma up if it begins to get dark. Bigger backpacks can be found in pretty much any grocery store. And there are a few vehicle spawns that nobody ever seems to visit or at least spend the effort repairing. The only problem with dying is the long walk it takes to get anywhere, and the problem with clans is that they usually don't have an end game beyond amassing gear. I play with a group of 4-8, and we devote our time to hunting bandits and ferrying fresh spawns and heroes around while hunting bandits. It's rather fulfilling, and we never worry about the gear we have. It doesn't take a high powered rifle to kill a bandit.

It's fun to do both, but at the moment I'm preferring to play lonely wolf, one or two friends at most.

• Like 2

Earlier today I ran off the last flight of stairs at Devils Castle. Yep broke my leg.

I just started playing and been trying to stay low of the rader. See if I could survive and avoid people on a full server......so I didn't ask for help over chat. I crawled all the way to NWAF. It was the only place I could think of that might have morphine!!!! To top it off it was getting to dark and I don't have NVG's.

I got there after A LOT of crawling.......I'm stuborn!! I ended up getting help though. Heard a voice over direct telling me to drop my weapons and he would help.

It was a pain in the ass.....but that's what survival is all about right?

P.S. I really hope that doesn't happen again though :)

• Like 1

I have never ever met a friendly person since I started (since this

)

It could have it reasons like

1.Me and my friend cant never find a proper server for both

2.Almost every life I am a bandit (and 4 out of 5 are self-deffense)

3.I dont like speaking on mic.

But after I while I started liking it,the paranoia of being shot,the badass feeling,The long runs without a map but still knowing where to go,and my favorite ,Killing clans!

Yeah,I love killing clans (When I enter a server and see 2 or more people with the same tag I get excited).For example,I see a survivor and I stalk him for 5-8 minutes if there is someone near,if not,let him pass.But if he have more people following I try to get the one who is the most far away from their group and then I start killing,I died 2 or 3 times of it ,because bad scouting and a sneaky sniper :b.

I have been a lone wolf for a good while ( my character on the official server is 115 days old, and has a GENUINE antique L85 AWS). I'm pretty geared up, but the search for NVG's and Rangefinders keeps me entertained.

After going solo for a few weeks, I teamed up with a few friends on other maps/servers. They didn't really take it too seriously, and mostly spent their time fucking around. So now I'm back to lone wolf.

Off topic slightly, but anyone else HATE the 700+ vehicles etc servers? I remember when finding a ride was a challenge, in the first 2 months of playing I seen a total of 1 chopper. Nowadays it seems like everybody has a vehicle of some description. Weapons all over the shop, the 'epic bases' servers..... Takes the fun and intensity right out of it for me.

Sorry for the change of subject.

I prefer LFing over being in a group any day because LWing you have pve and pvp while in a big group, it really turns to pvp. I wouldn't mind teaming up with a couple of people because watching for bandits and zeds are a lot easier. Bandits dont concern me as much but I have died maybe twice because of them, but that's cool though because I have to start all over again and use my evasive techniques I have learned from all the stealth games I have played over the years.

But yeah lone wolfing it in the beginning is definitely the way to go

I've played with up to eight people, all using voice coms, it gets confusing in panic situations.

I much prefer playing with two or three.

Three team mates is a good idea, you can organise fixing up vehicles and travell across country in relative security.

Yes 3 is good, it's official.

this is true

i play lone wolf alot but i do play with others which in my eyes can lead to peole making mistakes which gets others killed :P

at least when im lone wolfing i know my decisions are my own . i do agree though some of the big group players dont know as much as lone wolfers and is also a good thing when you come across a group and they panic :lol:

Im trying to Lone Wolf it. If I can find some matches and a sidearm, I think Ill be set. Well that and learning how to Freaking equip my hatchet.

The tension is tremendous playing solo. It starts to get to me after awhile, especially playing on a night server. I only play in one to three hour sessions though. Because I need a break from it to relax. LOL Like tonight, Im playing on a night server and I jsut feel eyes on me the whole time. I just know Im going to get a bullet to the dome any second. Im trying to watch every movement from every angle and after sneaking into and out of a farm, then back over the hill. I was spent. Time to log

I think it has something to do with the way this game pulls you in and takes all of your concentration and attention. Other games I can have the music, T.V, and be having a conversation with somebody and still be playing the game. Not this one, TV is off, no music playing, and eyes on the screen the whole time. Headphones are on and Im straining to hear any little thing that will cue me in to an approaching meanace. Zed or player. This game is unique, at least in my experience that way. And I think a HUGE, if not THE main reason for this is Lone Wolf gameplay with real consquences to death.

There is a sense of accomplishment in this game that I rarely get in others. Its an amazing experience.

Sorry got long winded there TLDR ...Lone Wolf = Good

Don't get me wrong, I do like playing with my friends but prefer to play solo. Whenever I get caught in a firefight I tend to think about my actions when I am playing solo.

i like playing in two-three people..more is just confusing..think only to the chaos in teamspeak..

I have been playing as a lone wolf on a lot of the server 90% of the time when my squard is not on .. They are busy playing saints row and black ops 2...

Playing alone gives the player a new experience , making u more aware of the current situation. It is more tense and decision making is harder too...

Getting blood has been one of the buggest problem i faced. Had to take 40 canned foods suck just to return to full health.

There is no one to share the joy with when u find something rare ... Thats the sad thing D:

I find it more enjoyable to play with friends but I think it's more successful to play alone, I die a lot less because I am less cautious as a result of having no backup.

I'm hooked on Lone Wolfing at night. This game is brutal alone in pitch black darkness with just a flashlight.

I play LW mostly because I can't spend a lot of time playing and/or I may need to log-out for 5 minutes to do something: with a team you must be able to ensure some reliability to be efficient.

However, I can team up occasionally with people (mostly to help) - even if the KoS danger is always there, so I tend to avoid contacts and watch from a distance.

_Anubis_

Most of the people looking for partners or clans are generally players who have been playing for months and want to try something new. Two is company, three is a crowd. Having just one friend work alongside me is good as we can give eachother blood transfusions and such.

I never try and repair vehicles either, I find it more fun without one, If I find one that works I'll use it till I run out of gas. For example, I was lost and luckily found a bus on the outskirts of the map, I guess someone had hidden it there. I drove it to the NWA and left it in a hangar, I then proceeded to loot the place and got out of there asap, leaving the bus inside the hangar. Hopefully some warm-hearted hero found it.

I think the game is more fun without having to secure your vehicles and equipment. I like to keep things neat and tidy.

I tend to play the game like in a real life zombie apocalypse; and consequently this usually means I'm lone wolfing it. I actually find it difficult to not play as if it were "real". Even though the zombies are glitchy and the howls are repetitive; the game is still very immersive and all the feelings are there..

It is the human players I fear the most; which again is very much in the spirit of the genre. The loneliness gets to me once I pretty much achieve end game; which again is an amazing aspect of this simulation. I then move on, from town to town; in search of another kindred soul.

If nothing happens after that I'll move into the dangerous territories. The other day I spent 45 minutes surviving using only stealth; moving around the NW airfield; on a high pop server; I finally got shot up when I got sloppy and reckless. I had my favorite gun too; m14 aim; but just didn't have the heart to kill anyone. Lesson learned...next time don't spend more than 15 at the NW airfield and remain perfectly vigilant at all times.

Last night I tried joining one of those "spawn with a sniper PVP to the eXtreme" type servers for practice; I failed to get into the game after 2 tries so I never spawned; But I could hear the side-chat; and it was an orgy of rancorous sh-t; like people making fun of peoples russian accent as they gunned them down; etc. It only made me want to lone-wolf it even more.

Don't get me wrong. I do meet some very nice people too. I mean I want nothing more than to be the 2nd gunner of a Huey; for me, that is end game.

• Like 1

Most of the players who have interesting stories to tell are Lone Wolf.s I think that comes from the fear, betrayals and murder you just don't get rolling with a group.

This interview was with Mandalore who is the Ultimate Lone wolf. I think he has a lot to say on being a Lone Wolf.

• Like 3

I tend to play the game like in a real life zombie apocalypse; and consequently this usually means I'm lone wolfing it. I actually find it difficult to not play as if it were "real". Even though the zombies are glitchy and the howls are repetitive; the game is still very immersive and all the feelings are there..

It is the human players I fear the most; which again is very much in the spirit of the genre. The loneliness gets to me once I pretty much achieve end game; which again is an amazing aspect of this simulation. I then move on, from town to town; in search of another kindred soul.

If nothing happens after that I'll move into the dangerous territories. The other day I spent 45 minutes surviving using only stealth; moving around the NW airfield; on a high pop server; I finally got shot up when I got sloppy and reckless. I had my favorite gun too; m14 aim; but just didn't have the heart to kill anyone. Lesson learned...next time don't spend more than 15 at the NW airfield and remain perfectly vigilant at all times.

Last night I tried joining one of those "spawn with a sniper PVP to the eXtreme" type servers for practice; I failed to get into the game after 2 tries so I never spawned; But I could hear the side-chat; and it was an orgy of rancorous sh-t; like people making fun of peoples russian accent as they gunned them down; etc. It only made me want to lone-wolf it even more.

Don't get me wrong. I do meet some very nice people too. I mean I want nothing more than to be the 2nd gunner of a Huey; for me, that is end game.

Lol, you more or less coincide with my gameplay style. Not only that, but some dayz ago I also tried to enter one of those servers, but I didn't make it.

I've always preferred the LW style. Just because, well, I'm terrible in a team. My combat effectiveness is nearly cut in half when i'm ith a team compared to without one, Where i've been known to make some amazing things happen.Not to mention, Hey. You're alone in a world where everyone, Everything is a threat. I'm looking at you rocks -.- Groups just make you feel too secure, And when that security net is broken, all hell breaks loose. Even in small groups I've noticed signs of extreme panic, that I feel normally wouldn't come from being alone.

I lonewolf it most of the time. Sometimes feel like I want to get into a good group of peeps, though my playtime is weird in the amount of time I can play and when, so it hasn't happened yet.

Lots of fun LWing though. You always have to be on your toes, careful not to get hurt to badly as you have no one to help you, and grow eyes on the back of your head. :)

Other than running with a friend or two from time to time, I had been a Lone Wolf until I rented a server a couple of months ago, and invited in some old friends to help out - recruiting never before PC gamers to try DayZ.

As a Lone Wolf, I practiced a two pronged tactic ... I still go off on my own when I can. First "prong" of my tactic was to get what I could on log in, and then go to ground, meaning lose myself in the wilds. In the woods I would constantly move, scavenge, respond to calls for aid and often provide extreme range overwatch for other players I did not know. At night, or in bad weather I would enter towns very cautiously and I very rarely pitched a tent. I found this style of play most rewarding. My loadout would normally consist of a long range rifle with optics, no sidearm, an MP5SD in my backpack, with which I used pistol ammo mags so as to save main inventory space and facilitate easy transfers of weapons in and out of the backpack. There was never a place or need for a vehicle in this tactic.

The second "prong" of my Lone Wolf tactic was running taxi services either with skodas or helicopters or buses. I would fix up a vehicle in Stary, Msta, Myshkino, etc, and then advertise in chat that I was giving rides to anyone who needed it. I died a lot. I was betrayed, killed with vehicle and aircraft mounted weapons, and I had many fatal accidents on Chernarus' highways. Man was it fun. No friends to worry about, no affiliation .. just me, a new passenger every day and the open or closed road.

I miss all of that

Edited by Saethkept

I play lone wolf because I can't shake the distinct feeling that I still suck at this game and run around like Captain Obvious all the time. Teaming up with other players would probably mean certain death for them plus the only thing I'm good at is flying helicopters and finding working boats.