♫ Gypsy ♫

What do players REALLY want?

Agreed that starting gear completely defeats the purpose for me but that is what most of what DayZ player base wants, the kiddies at least.I ran a vanilla server with some custom modifications, debug monitor, removed the m107/as50/dmr/l85a2 aws. My players only spawned with a chech bag, a bandage, and a flashlight. Those changes put me in the same place as you, I think my peak was 2 players LOL. Before private hives, I had a 40/40 server that was full almost 24/7. Private hives gave admins to much power over the game and completely destroyed the mod, now if you don't start with a gun, have over 1k vehicles and 24/7 daylight your probably wont get many players. This is why I shut my server down until the standalone.

I see you took that advice. I tried to check out the server but it was too dark to see. If you're going on local time, changing the day/night cycle would increase traffic. We all know you can't use a flashlight in this game and it shows in the server list.

Edited by creature

Update :) We have now went to 24/7 daylight :D Until we can run our server from home (bad Internet connection atm) Then we will add weather effects like snow and fog :D

I am not sure if this is possible, but I have heard one server has done it, but if you don't want to have a 24/7 daylight server you can make it so there is a full moon every night which can help with the ability to see.

Correct me if I am wrong and this isn't possible though.

I am not sure if this is possible, but I have heard one server has done it, but if you don't want to have a 24/7 daylight server you can make it so there is a full moon every night which can help with the ability to see.

Correct me if I am wrong and this isn't possible though.

Im pretty sure your right, I have also seen servers that do a day/night rotational cycle, offerering some thing different to the players that join the server at the same time each day.

In my opinion you should try either of these before you make it 24/7 daylight. :)

• Like 1

Ok guys and girls!! :D I have lost my mind!! we are now running DayZ 2017!! and it is hardcore!! I died from hunger :huh:

and then today I found a can of dog food <_< :lol:

If you love the hardcore aspect, come check out my server :thumbsup: no hackers allowed :D

• Like 2

Come and try hardcore survival folks :D we were number one yesterday until the shit host sold our IP >:(

Game went down... We are now back up and running and I hope DayZ st does a better job today :lol:

Hmm, tried adding your server

173.193.48.140:3306

showing 10000 ping and can't get in. Gametracker showing its online but can't seem to connect.

DayZ st is really pissing me off!!! Try to join this >>> 173.193.48.140:3306 I will be there

a server i play on that's quite populated often is plain old dayz vanilla, with normal loot and vehicles except they have a rule anyone who pvp's south of solnichy gets banned, which results in less people being insta killed on spawn and newbies tend to trust each other and team up, side chat is enabled too, also some friendlys who get helis and vehicles come down to the coast to help people and give them rides along the coast and stuff, its pretty nice to see all these players teaming up and helping instead of being full of fear of being shot while trying to gear up, and there's still the harsh pvp up north where all the epic loot is and stuff people stash, bandit camps, nwaf, stary, etc etc...

Edited by Rocky46
  • Like 1

That is great Rocky! I just need to run my server from home... DayZ st is really a shit company >:( Thanks so much for the input.

Agreed. You have to remember what brings people to DayZ to begin with. If logged into your server and had NVG's in my gear I'd log out instantly. The point of DayZ is starting with nothing and the adventure you have whilst scavenging.

I personally really hate servers like this, it breaks the very concept of the game. Kudos for at least asking though, there is still hope.

Yeah I've brought this up before, I would like to see no cars and more melee weapons around the environment. Axe handle, cricket/baseball bats, spades and shovels. etc Along with no thermals.

Edited by disorder
  • Like 1

That is great Rocky! I just need to run my server from home... DayZ st is really a shit company >:( Thanks so much for the input.

is your server whitelisted? i may come and play there soon i only tried dayz 2017 once a few days ago and it was pretty enjoyable, i consider my self to be not a noob,i managed to get a tent, lee enfield and all hunting gear.

Well bad news, kinda. I am getting a refund from DayZ st and my server will be down. (Good news) I am working on getting our own server running from a data center :D It will be white listed and password protected. Players will have there own team speak rooms password protected, and also your own page on our website with player information and what not ;) I will keep you updated B) would love you to join our community. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

a server i play on that's quite populated often is plain old dayz vanilla, with normal loot and vehicles except they have a rule anyone who pvp's south of solnichy gets banned, which results in less people being insta killed on spawn and newbies tend to trust each other and team up, side chat is enabled too, also some friendlys who get helis and vehicles come down to the coast to help people and give them rides along the coast and stuff, its pretty nice to see all these players teaming up and helping instead of being full of fear of being shot while trying to gear up, and there's still the harsh pvp up north where all the epic loot is and stuff people stash, bandit camps, nwaf, stary, etc etc...

Rocky - can you post up this server? Sounds ideal to me.

I have just started playing DayZ and haven't had much luck. Been playing on UK 999 Police or something, nothing but smack talk, griefing and hackusations all day long. Seems like its full of angry teenagers. So if I was to have an ideal server it would have side chat disabled, or at least well moderated by admins.

Agreed on the loot - if there is more than a bandage and painkillers I log out, no fun starting with guns. I dont mind starting with an axe so much though. Same with vehicles, no fun if its too easy to find.