Sign in to follow this  
eegore

Night aggro and chemlights

So I am ok with playing at night, especially going into a higher risk bandit area for supplies but my chemlights wont illuminate enough to see Zeds before they attack anymore.

So with the increased Zed senses I can no longer travel at night without having a hoarde come after me.

Are there any suggestions besides "get nvg"? I use to use flares but now they aggro to that as I throw it and still get swarmed.

I really dont want to server hop to daytime only servers.

So I am ok with playing at night' date=' especially going into a higher risk bandit area for supplies but my chemlights wont illuminate enough to see Zeds before they attack anymore.

So with the increased Zed senses I can no longer travel at night without having a hoarde come after me.

Are there any suggestions besides "get nvg"? I use to use flares but now they aggro to that as I throw it and still get swarmed.

[/quote']

Flashlights don't aggro. Just stick to the places you know like the back of your hand. Flash the area your heading to and turn it off as bandits will rain down fire where the flash light starts. If you get a horde chasing you, run to the nearest enterable building and then run out.

I had a horde on me in Cherno at night, ran into the construction site then straight out the other end, bye bye zeds. Simple as that.

Throw flares from safe distances, lob more than one to confuse bandits of your axis of advance and intentions and then head in a different direction from the way you threw them as bandits MAY scan or MAY have seen your throw them and now have their sights on you.

Hope this helps. But unfortunately now that GAMMA and Brightness has been fixed, your end game will be to find a NVG. Not too sure if there are any IR/NV/Thermal scopes [if there is please feel free to correct me], but that's how it's going to be in the night of Day Z.

So I am ok with playing at night' date=' especially going into a higher risk bandit area for supplies but my chemlights wont illuminate enough to see Zeds before they attack anymore.

[/quote']

Flashlights don't aggro. Just stick to the places you know like the back of your hand. Flash the area your heading to and turn it off as bandits will rain down fire where the flash light starts. If you get a horde chasing you, run to the nearest enterable building and then run out.

I had a horde on me in Cherno at night, ran into the construction site then straight out the other end, bye bye zeds. Simple as that.

Throw flares from safe distances, lob more than one to confuse bandits of your axis of advance and intentions and then head in a different direction from the way you threw them as bandits MAY scan or MAY have seen your throw them and now have their sights on you.

Hope this helps. But unfortunately now that GAMMA and Brightness has been fixed, your end game will be to find a NVG. Not too sure if there are any IR/NV/Thermal scopes [if there is please feel free to correct me], but that's how it's going to be in the night of Day Z.

There are night scopes, but only from helicopter crash sites, so the goggles are actually less rare. On a side note, the DMR scope can be used with NVGs on.

Issue is that he sounds like a new player. Getting a DMR may be hard for him. Even the NVGs are gonna be hard. But, persistence is key. As is the respawn > Abort > Disconnect > OK