Sign in to follow this  
HugoDayZ (DayZ)

Have Vegetation Options for Low PC

Hello DayZ Forums, atm i don't play dayz, the reason is because of the vegetation, i may play with low/medium settings, but i don't have lag, i only have lag in this situations: Looking to a forest from far away 2- Looking into a tree when next to it!

The Tree's and vegetation are too damn much detailed! we don't need some much detail in slow pc's! Please make a option for instead of detailed vegetation just simple one!

Im here going to show a example of gta san andreas vegetation with lag and without lag:

GTA-San-Andreas-Addon-Project-Oblivion-2010HQ_1.jpg

This is a mod for vegetation on gta san andreas, it lag's because of the detail, also looks alot like arma 2 vegetation

Landscape8.jpg

This is the original gta san andreas vegetation, it dosen't need to be so detailed to be vegetation! It has 0 lags! Please keep this in mind, thanks for reading.

I like how the laggy vegetation looks like shit.

Anyway, I don't think there needs to be a particular setting just for vegetation, I think it'd be better to just add lower settings than what they have at the moment.

(Doesn't really concern me, I play on 'very high')

Pretty sure they aint gonna make the game look worse just for the benefit of dinosaurs, riding dinosaur rigs. Sheesh.

You should see the game on 'Very High' on all settings, it's breathtaking. It's enough to make anyone want to go out; or at least save to buy a modern 'gaming' PC.

The San Andreas vegetation looks crap, forgive me for saying. We certainly don't need that sort.

If it would be possible to remove grass and what not, it would be way easier to spot players lying on the ground etc. Same goes for when you're the one in the grass, normally you won't be able to look very far because of the grass blocking your view, that won't matter anymore, easy sniping.

• Like 1

Will never happen. There used to be an option to lower or disable the vegetation but people were exploiting this and using it to kill people.

An example of this is as follows: There's me running around and I hear a shot. I go and hide in a bush thinking you can't see me but seeing as you are playing on a crappy PC and lowered or disabled your vegetation, the bush/tree doesn't exist for you giving you a clear line of sight to shoot me.

This is why that setting will not be disabled. You will have to suffer or lower your settings a little more.

atm, you already suffer from bad vegetation detail... from faar distance, even at high settings (or very high, whoever gives a shit), grass does not even exist when you look trough a sniper scope or binoculars. this way you can easily spot players or even check if there is any loot around a crashed helicopter... this should not be the case at all! you should be able to hide in high grass without having to fear of being seen

People im not talking about the grass! im talking about the tree's detail! Grass just drops me like 2-3 FPS not tree detail that drops me 10+ FPS im talking about the tree's and i know about the easy sniping people!

People im not talking about the grass! im talking about the tree's detail! Grass just drops me like 2-3 FPS not tree detail that drops me 10+ FPS im talking about the tree's and i know about the easy sniping people!

There is already an option to lower the tree detail down to where it is just a green shape on a brown stick. If this is still causing issues then you have a really old or slow PC and I suggest upgrading. DayZ standalone will be less resource intensive but games and possibly DayZ in the near future will require more and your problem will get alot worse, so it best upgrading now.

**EDIT**

Also, your resolution can impact your gaming performance too so try dropping it down a bit. If you say run it at 1280x1024, make sure the in-game resolution setting under that is equal or less. Its named 3D Resolution. If you are still getting issues then drop everything down to 1024x768 and the same for the 3D resolution setting under that.

Lowest setting minus your resolution are:

• Texture Detail:............Low
  • Video Memory:...........Low
  • Anistropic Filtering:....Disabled
  • AntiAlaising:...............Disabled (rapes graphics if not disabled and not needed if you run at HD quality)
  • ATOC:.......................All Trees & Grass (Don't think this changes anything now)
  • Terain Detail:.............Very Low
  • Objects Detail:...........Very Low
  • Shadow Detail:..........Disabled (takes alot of resources if on)
  • HDR Detail:...............Normal
  • PPAA:.......................Disabled
  • Postrocess:...............Disabled (looks better anyway)
  • Vsync:.......................Disabled (hogs resources and lowers FPS big time)

Edited by Be4st

There is already an option to lower the tree detail down to where it is just a green shape on a brown stick. If this is still causing issues then you have a really old or slow PC and I suggest upgrading.

Hmm yeah my pc is like 1-2 years old only, but i was noob at choosing pc for gaming so i choose this crappy laptop XDDD, well the tree's that lag m e are some brown ones, i may record it, also i found out that using 640x400 resolution and things on low gives me alot of fps and because you need to have the same resolution on 3D resolution and menu resolution it wont make the screen blury or something, if you want i can record me losing FPS on looking to the specific tree's! Oh and im going to install dayz this night to play a little :D

EDIT:

Is the option of the tree's only in official arma 2? because im doing the test's on arma 2 free, and i think that option for that is only on the full arma 2 :P

Edited by HugoDayZ

Read my previous post. I updated it while you were replying.

You can also increase FPS and have better gameplay by disabling alot of windows features and programs and cleaning out your system. Defragging helps too.

Have you ever optimised your PC before? By that I mean, having no viruses (using AVG Free as Norton, McAfee and Avast always lie and miss stuff), also using a program like Ccleaner to remove corrupt registry entries that slow your PC and clean out temp files that do the same.

Other programs such as Razers GameBooster and TuneUp Utilities allow you to quickly disable services and features that impact gaming performance and switch them back on when gaming is over

Read my previous post. I updated it while you were replying.

You can also increase FPS and have better gameplay by disabling alot of windows features and programs and cleaning out your system. Defragging helps too.

Have you ever optimised your PC before? By that I mean, having no viruses (using AVG Free as Norton, McAfee and Avast always lie and miss stuff), also using a program like Ccleaner to remove corrupt registry entries that slow your PC and clean out temp files that do the same.

Other programs such as Razers GameBooster and TuneUp Utilities allow you to quickly disable services and features that impact gaming performance and switch them back on when gaming is over

Thanks for the quick reply! Also i disable all programs before playing, plus i use gamebooster, and plus to prevent FPS drops (everyone should do this) i go to task manager, right click, go to process, right click in process and there is a option with a little arrow, put your mouse over it and it should be saying "normal" and a thing on the side, click High and you wont drop FPS! Can i talk to you on skype or any thing so i can send you my computer specs? or should i post it here? :)

EDIT: i use memory on Default, is that a problem?

Edited by HugoDayZ

You can post your specs here. I never use task manager to boost the priority as it can cause more problems. When you set a game to high, if any background apps need to do something, it can cause them to make your game lag for longer as they are trying to work at their normal priority but more system resources are being used by your game

You can post your specs here. I never use task manager to boost the priority as it can cause more problems. When you set a game to high, if any background apps need to do something, it can cause them to make your game lag for longer as they are trying to work at their normal priority but more system resources are being used by your game

Well then that is why fraps lags me :D also i will upload them in a sec, check up in 2 minutes!

EDIT: here it is (sorry it's in portuguese)

Stupid motherboard:http://s1310.beta.photobucket.com/user/Esquecido22/media/SemTiacutetulo2_zps8d961e26.png.html

Stupid specs:http://s1310.beta.photobucket.com/user/Esquecido22/media/SemTiacutetulo_zps2d4f42a0.png.html

Edited by HugoDayZ

I think the main reason you are getting such serious lag is your integrated graphics card. Integrated GPU's aren't really built for gaming whatsoever and its normally cheaper to buy a motherboard without a GPU and a separate card than it is to go integrated. Your CPU is a bit under average too but if you had a better graphics card, it may not be as bad.

But still, if I was you, I would save up and buy parts from the internet and make your own PC. It doesn't have to be an expensive high powered PC. I paid just under £150 GBP for my setup and I can play ARMA II on full settings minus anti-alaising.

Oh and don't run FRAPS when gaming unless you have a powerfull PC. FRAPS is a killer. Plus BandiCam is so much better once you get a nice PC. It doesn't fill up a terabyte HDD in seconds like it does with FRAPS lol

Edited by Be4st

I think the main reason you are getting such serious lag is your integrated graphics card. Integrated GPU's aren't really built for gaming whatsoever and its normally cheaper to buy a motherboard without a GPU and a separate card than it is to go integrated. Your CPU is a bit under average too but if you had a better graphics card, it may not be as bad.

But still, if I was you, I would save up and buy parts from the internet and make your own PC. It doesn't have to be an expensive high powered PC. I paid just under £150 GBP for my setup and I can play ARMA II on full settings minus anti-alaising.

Oh and don't run FRAPS. FRAPS is a killer

Well i don't know if i could mod my laptop, and yes i have been thinking about buying new pc but economy is not good today! I saw a video of JackFrags oh building a pc on less 300 pounds, i have a old desktop computer, should i mod it?

Also i use € so i don't know how much £150 GBP is :D and if you could send me your specs plus the price of them in € i would much thank you

The prices have changed a bit but sure. Bear in mind that I bought all of these when there was an offer on them so I got them cheaper than normal. Doing a price check now and I converted it to Euro for you.

Specs are:

• CPU:..................AMD Phenom™ II X4 975 Processor Black Edition, ~3.6GHz (€150. This is normally the most expensive)
  • RAM:.................8gb (2x4gb) Corsair Vengeance (€40 for 2)
  • Graphics Card:.....NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 (I got mine off eBay unused for £30/€36 but brand new you are looking at close to €90)
  • Motherboard:......Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 (€91)

Also, looking up now, I may have exaggerated £150... lol. Just went through the receipts and its around the £210 mark (roughly €253). This was a year ago and by the looks of things... prices have shot up big time :(

The prices have changed a bit but sure. Bear in mind that I bought all of these when there was an offer on them so I got them cheaper than normal. Doing a price check now and I converted it to Euro for you.

Specs are:

• CPU:..................AMD Phenom™ II X4 975 Processor Black Edition, ~3.6GHz (€150. This is normally the most expensive)
  • RAM:.................8gb (2x4gb) Corsair Vengeance (€40 for 2)
  • Graphics Card:.....NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 (I got mine off eBay unused for £30/€36 but brand new you are looking at close to €90)
  • Motherboard:......Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 (€91)

Also, looking up now, I may have exaggerated £150... lol. Just went through the receipts and its around the £210 mark (roughly €253). This was a year ago and by the looks of things... prices have shot up big time :(

Thank you very very much for converting to € and for them! In 6 months when i finish this school year and i will have the money for it, i would also ask my uncle because he works as a computer/phones or someting guy, if i find this for sale i will buy it for sure thank you :D

Edited by HugoDayZ