Craddus

Addon 'dayz_code requires addon 'CABuildingParts'

Addon 'dayz_code requires addon 'CABuildingParts'

thats whats happen if i start the shortcut of the beta with -mod=@DayZ

after that the game starts with following error :

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVihicles/Citizen1.scope'

If i try to join a server he said:

"You cannot play/edit this mission...deleted.chernarus"

Try this go to your main directory and rename "arma2oa.exe" to something like "arma2oa2.exe" then proceed to "arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta" Copy the "arma2oa.exe and place it in your main directory where you just renamed the non beta.

Then right click ARMA 2 : OA and put this as your launch parameter

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz

The run as CO and should work

I replied on how to start it as CO, And you don't edit the arma2oa.exe short cut you edit the arma 2 : oa in steam by right clicking and pressing properties and adding this

same as befor

only the stupid DOS window...

in one forum i read that i have to install ARMA II and OA in one folder ... whats that?

No you don't, unless you're using the free version of arma you might but I don't know about that.

Can you launch the game normally, without the dayz mod line?

Also did you try verifying your game cache as I said in your other thread?

ill try

CO: The same

AO: "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine" .. (WTF)

I'm still getting that error LVG. I've managed to get into some servers before trying this, but no zombies or gear appear, I can't interact with my gear and my GUI elements aren't updating.

@craddus this has worked for people with that error

go to your main directory and rename "armaoa.exe" to something like "arma2oa2.exe" then proceed to "arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta" Copy the "arma2oa.exe and place it in your main directory where you just renamed the non beta.

Put this in your launch options

then run as CO, and let me know if it works

@7ofs are you running the latest beta and joining servers with the latest beta?

same problem ... only DOS window.

do i need a addon that calls Combined Operations ???? i have Only ARMA II and Operation Arrowhead.

I'm at a loss now only thing I can suggest is close steam run it as administrator open it up start arma 2 then start arma 2 : OA and then try combined ops again

I've done what you've said LVG, yet running CO with that target line results in "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine"

Edit: I'm trying the fix you posted...

Edit2: I did the arma2oa.exe swap and it worked! Thanks!

Never had this problem before today but I've just finished re-installing windows onto my shiny new SSD, then installed Steam and downloaded Arma 2:OA and the dayz files along with beta patch, but whenever I try to run dayz either through the steam launcher with the options you have here or through the beta shortcut in the OA folder I'm getting these errors.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Never mind fixed it, seems it was a crap download of DayZ, grabbed it again and all works fine.

Try this go to your main directory and rename "arma2oa.exe" to something like "arma2oa2.exe" then proceed to "arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta" Copy the "arma2oa.exe and place it in your main directory where you just renamed the non beta.

Can you help me locate this and assist me in fixing it btw im on windows 7

Can you help me locate this and assist me in fixing it btw im on windows 7

Try reading this

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13684

I replied on how to start it as CO' date=' And you don't edit the arma2oa.exe short cut you edit the arma 2 : oa in steam by right clicking and pressing properties and adding this

[/quote']

I tried this, and now I'm getting an entirely different error.

"Error creating Direct3D 9 graphical engine"

Help!

When I run it as OA I get the "Addon 'dayz_code requires addon 'CABuildingParts'" Error, and after that the Graphical engine thing!

When I run it as CO I get the DOS Screen!

I tried a lot, but I don't know what you mean with the "cache" thing.. Can you help me out please?

Right click Arma 2 : OA in steam > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game cache

I am running into the same problems that other people in this thread have and I am at a loss to solving them. The chief problem is when I try to launch Combined Operations from steam, I get the DOS window for a second before it goes away and nothing happens.

Trying up to 10 times in a row to launch it hasn't done anything. I downloaded the dayz mod files manually and extracted them directly to the Addons folders in @dayz. I've tried to run steam as administrator, I've set the launch options to "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz", and I've installed the most recent beta patch and done the ArmA2OA.exe switch trick mentioned earlier in the thread. I've also done the verify integrity of game cache thing, and nothing has worked yet. When I try to run the game as just Arma 2 OA, I encounter all of the same problems as mentioned in the first post.

I don't know what else to do, and would greatly appreciate any help from anyone. Thanks!