Sign in to follow this  
Darkwolf1778

Should i play now?

Hello all!

I am thinking of purchasing ARMA 2 (a game i would play occasionally) so i can play DayZ. I just want your opinion on the current issue that i am facing. The DayZ standalone is sure to come out 'soon', but i feel as if i need to play this game before it comes out. So, should i buy ARMA 2 to be able to play DayZ now, or should i just wait? (Im keen to play so at the moment im leaning towards buying now!)

If you have no interest in ARMA 2 or its other mods, nor are you going to be spending any time in the DayZ mod after the Standalone is released on Steam, it's better that you wait.

But please note that the Standalone WILL NOT BE FINISHED. It will be released IN ALPHA, still. The standalone release simply allows much more freedom, stability and security for DayZ, its developers, and the players.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Ok cheers mate, pretty much everything i needed to hear! Ill do some research on more mods and then decide if i want to purchase the game! Cheers!

instal dayz Commander or playsix! its a program .. that can instal easly mods./ & update versions

To be honest it depends completely on your monetary situation. I would say sure you should buy it, if it doesn't affect your ability to buy standalone. Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead are both amazing games and worth the $30. Arma also has some pretty nice mods aside from DayZ, as well as amazing player-made game modes that don't require any modding at all. But if you're only interested in DayZ then wait for standalone.

I just bought it about 2 hours ago and am DLing it as I type this. Heres the way I look / justify it. We hope that the internal stress test wont take very long but with everything else in life problems can occur. If the SA encounters some problems that need to be addressed before it can released Ive got DayZ mod to tide me over. I can also "learn the ropes" and not be totally in the dark when the SA goes live. Lastly, the mod and SA arent exactly the same and the differences should only get larger as the SA gets worked on and the Mod keeps getting "modded"

Anyway thats how I talked myself into buying Arma II: OA and not waiting for SA. It wasnt a tough sell :rolleyes:

By the looks of things the standalone wont be out for a while. Yet with all the extra maps, and custom chernarus maps out now. Not to mention Rmod. It's probably more fun than it was back in spring. The custom chernarus maps with extra castles, barracks and vehicles are just brilliant. If you liked Ghost Recon 1 and 2 get this.

I'm Waiting For the Standalone.

While you are waiting, fix your signature.

OP - With Arma III getting released this year, and DayZ standalone shortly coming to a release point as a alpha stage, I can't see Arma II having much more shelf life to be honest. I've played Arma II, countless mods, and so forth for the past YEARS on it - and my digital copy will some how be stored to collect dust once these two games get released. With that said - you will see the Arma II modding, and community grow very, very small once they get their hands on Arma III and the DayZ SA.

Wait. Check out Project Zomboid until then - its still in its early release, but a interesting game thats young also.