Sign in to follow this  
Lord Lovecustard

Why have I lost everything?

Hi all,

I just had a mammoth session, resulting in finding various chemlights/binoculars/flares and even an M16A2 M203 - I was giddy with excitement!

Anyway, had to log off the server, at Balota airfield I think. Came back 15 minutes later and I had to create a character from scratch again, losing all my gear in the process.

It was the exact same server that I tried logging in to.

Why did this happen and how can I stop it happening again?

Edit to add: I know the situation with private/public hives and not sharing data between them, but if it was the exact same server, I still shoud have kept my gear right?

Edited by Lord Lovecustard

Only thing that could explain it, other than a bug, is corrupted data on a public hive or an admin wiped your stats on a private hive.

Its possible that the server had to restart or roll back. Its hard to say. Just don't force quit out of DayZ, that will not save anything.

What is the proper way to log off, I've been hitting escape - abort - disconnect, and then disconnecting back through the menus?

I sound like such a bambi right now..:(

I don't think it was, after I found the M16 I was so happy I ran off into the woods to log off as it was dark. Certainly don't think it was flashing :(

Oh well, no one said playing an alpha of a mod would be easy!

Cheers for the input guys

I'm sure you will find all the gear again quite easily, don't fret.

The things you mentioned have a very high spawn rate. And the M16, well bad luck.

It sounds like you may have played on a private hive and can no longer find that server. Taking a shot in the dark but either that or corrupted data as stated above

but hey, that's the fun of dayz, don't get attached to your gear