Sign in to follow this  
kalashinkov

DayZ Standalone - Should I wait ?

Hello every everybody and thanks in advance for visiting my post . I know that these topic once filled the forums and I feel awful to spam the forums with another Standalone topic .

First of all I'd like to say that I never played an Arma game and therefore never played DayZ .

I've been watching videos of DayZ on youtube and reading reviews everywhere , so I've come to the following realisation , I want to buy DayZ . Knowing the standalone is supposedly a few weeks away and knowing my eagerness to buy the game I thought about stopping by here and asking the community what should I do ? For me if am sure when the standalone will be released , I would've waited . That's why I am thinking about buy Arma 2 CO .

Thoughts please .

I would personally wait now, you will be able to watch streams this week or next of the SA to keep you busy :)

• Like 2

i even stopped playing the mod itself wiating for the standalone haha

If you have no interest in ARMA 2 or its other mods, nor are you going to be spending any time in the DayZ mod after the Standalone is released on Steam, it's better that you wait.

But please note that the Standalone WILL NOT BE FINISHED. It will be released IN ALPHA, still. The standalone release simply allows much more freedom, stability and security for DayZ, its developers, and the players.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Waiting seems the most logical choice . Those streams you talk about will be a good motive .

And by streams you mean like on twitch ?

If you have no interest in ARMA 2 or its other mods, nor are you going to be spending any time in the DayZ mod after the Standalone is released on Steam, it's better that you wait.

But please not that the Standalone WILL NOT BE FINISHED. It will be released IN ALPHA, still. The standalone release simply allows much more freedom, stability and security for DayZ, its developers, and the players.

I guess I'll wait then :D lol

I'd say buy it and get a general feel of the game, surerly the standalone will be a lot different but the concept will stay the same.

Also, the rest of the Arma 2 game is very underrated, I've spent many hours of my life on wasteland and domination.

Yeah the streams will be on twitch.tv and rocket stated 2 days ago that testing will begin in a few days. Maybe today?

Edited by Coughs

Thanks guys you all have been very helpful . Please keep your opinions coming .

Yeah the streams will be on twitch.tv and rocket stated 2 days ago that testing will begin in a few days. Maybe today?

If you can provide a link that would nice :D