Nitro DayZ

Camo Nets/Tarpaulin

I agree, you have my beans.

It is quite a loss that we do not have them already. If military vehicles are around, there should be camo nets to be found. They are quite commonly used by all military. Almost standard equipment on a military vehicle.

And about movement with camouflage; a net like that would not do much if rigged on top of a car while it's moving. Their purpose is to hide straight structural lines of vehicles, which makes spotting them from a distance significantly harder. If any object camouflaged or not is moving, a net like that would make no difference what so ever. So rigging them on cars shouldn't be denied, but it should present a possibility of damage as wind forces or branches could cause shearing.

Specially with this being a game and you can't guard your vehicles around the clock, better assets to hide vehicles are very important. No such assets are found in the game right now.

Thank you for feedback :) I agree that if you do move it should damage rigging since it is a possibility in the real world, driving with them attatched I am not so sure about!

Id like to see netting brought in. Need something to help hide my bright yellow Ural!

I hear you man! Hiding my bus isn't easy!

I support this. And imo they don't even have to be that rare. A camo net is not something that would unbalance the game or anything, but it is a nice feature and nice to have as loot. Would like to see not just vehicle cover, but all the camo nets available. The only problem with nets in ArmA is that that it can block doorways and stuff, it is like a big wall. They need to be made phantom then so you can walk through the net. Otherwise you can make fortifications with them.

+1 for tarps! they can be used literally for everything!

Thanks man, I totally agree! :thumbsup:

I support this. And imo they don't even have to be that rare. A camo net is not something that would unbalance the game or anything, but it is a nice feature and nice to have as loot. Would like to see not just vehicle cover, but all the camo nets available. The only problem with nets in ArmA is that that it can block doorways and stuff, it is like a big wall. They need to be made phantom then so you can walk through the net. Otherwise you can make fortifications with them.

I think they should be fairly rare since if they're really easy to find people could just spam them. They should probably be about as rare as a tent and take up 3 slots like a tent would. As for ghosting them, that would make sense so you can't block things with them!

i agree couple of similar threads hopingtheyve been noted as good ideas ;)

Yeah, a few threads have mentioned it but I don't think anyone has made a thread JUST for it.

So many bumps so little replies.

I am a fan of the idea it would hold a lot of value in game you have my vote.

Why thank you :) I don't mean to bump a lot :( Stuff goes off the first page pretty quick so yeah...

I understand a little in English. I also like the proposal

I understand a little in English. I also like the proposal

Thanks sir! Glad for all the supportive comments!

I like the idea, after some consideration, honestly.. Haha at first I thought "well.. I'm not dying for something like this, and there are other things that need to be implemented much more urgently than this", but I guess I do see it's uses in the game, and it's not game breaking. And it actually seems like something that would be found in such a woodland/military area like Chernarus.

• Like 1

I like the idea, after some consideration, honestly.. Haha at first I thought "well.. I'm not dying for something like this, and there are other things that need to be implemented much more urgently than this", but I guess I do see it's uses in the game, and it's not game breaking. And it actually seems like something that would be found in such a woodland/military area like Chernarus.

Thanks sir! I agreee 100% with your post, it's not a necessity but it would be a nice addition to DayZ :D

There is camo netting on most servers that have base building, and Celle has a loot drop that is a sniper tent camp thingy.

Also DayZ+ has camo netting as a loot drop, and is used to make camo nets of different scale, such as for a single tent, a few cars, or even big enough to cover a good chunk of base :D

• Like 1

There is camo netting on most servers that have base building, and Celle has a loot drop that is a sniper tent camp thingy.

Also DayZ+ has camo netting as a loot drop, and is used to make camo nets of different scale, such as for a single tent, a few cars, or even big enough to cover a good chunk of base :D

Hmm I didn't know about this! Sounds good, thanks for letting me know :) I still think it would be nice to have Camo Netting across the whole of DayZ, on every Chernarus server etc. We'll have to wait for the standalone to see though ;)

looked for a topic about this, couldn't find one, and mentiont it somewhere earlyer.

but would like it REALLY much.

Thanks man! I appreciate the support a lot :thumbsup: :blush:

• Like 1

good idea but it pops up every now and then, if you google (don't use forum search it sucks) dayz forums camoflague net idea you get a lot of stuff coming up.

• Like 1