Sign in to follow this  
yakine

Low FPS help!!

Hey guys i bought dayz around 8 months or so ago and ive always had a problem with the fps even on very low setting. i usually get around 15 fps on very low graphics depending on the server and ive spent so many hours looking for a fix. ill post my specs and if anyone at all can help with any advice or anything i can do to help it would be much appreciated because i dont know how much longer i can put up with the 10-15 fps. thanks.

armAO2A -

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=48387;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

Resolution_W=1024;

Resolution_H=768;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=800;

Render_H=600;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=529207296;

nonlocalVRAM=1205286912;

vsync=1;

AToC=0;

PPAA=0;

PPAA_Level=0;

serverLongitude=51;

serverLatitude=9;

Computer specs:

Processor: amd athlon ii p340 dual-core processor 2.20 ghz

RAM: 3GB (2.74GB usable)

System: 64-bit

Graphics cards: ati mobility radeon hd 5470 amd m880g with ati mobility radeon 4250

Please help with any advice or fixes.

i usually have had that one but i reinstalled before so that got set back to the default. even with those 2 things set to 1 it still lags the same :/

when the game is running, ctrl alt del, task manager, find arma2oa.exe right click, priority, high.

will give at least 5 extra fps

overclock your cpu or buy a new one its mega slow

overclock your cpu or buy a new one its mega slow

Unfortunately this is true, you just won't play ArmA/DayZ smoothly on a ~2Ghz dual-core processor.

try to aim for a quad core around the 3.0ghz mark then you will be sorted :)

Yea i know my PC is far from good but on some servers i can get 25 fps, was just seeing if there was a way to get that on most.

hmm there are a few optimizing programs floating about which i've heard mixed things about i personally don't use them but you could them a try

I wouldn't recommend any kind of DayZ optimiser/FPS booster. There are a lot of keystealers around pretending to be such helpful programs.

Please make sure you download from trusted sources only and don't open any .exes that you aren't 100% sure are safe.

• Like 1

I wouldn't recommend any kind of DayZ optimiser/FPS booster. There are a lot of keystealers around pretending to be such helpful programs.

Please make sure you download from trusted sources only and don't open any .exes that you aren't 100% sure are safe.

I've been caught out before on a keystealer so i don't download anything unless its supported by dayz

• Like 1

Been playing for abit and everything thats been suggested hasnt really worked. still on around 8fps on most servers but the odd few servers give me 20-25fps for some reason.

Tried RAMDisk a while back, it did literally nothing for me. It might do something if you're running on a 5400RPM HDD though, IDK.

Yea ive tryed RAMDisk and game boosters, does nothing for me.

amd x6 3ghz watercooled 16gb ram 120 agi 3 ssd and radeon 6950 2gb.

i get average 15-25 fps inside towns, fullhd but everything on low, but putting all on max changes barely nothing so seems to be cpu related. also, this game has some sort of gpu memory leak as it starts out using around 200mb but slowly (30+ minutes) reaches my gpus maximum 2gb and the fps drops some more.

imho this game needs at least an i5 2500k (way better per core performance) with a 660ti to run fine at 30+ minimum fps inside big towns.

i may get an amd 8350 soon but i wonder if ill lose performance since this game doesnt seem to use more than 4 cores. and the x8 has even lower per core performance than the x6.

Edited by white