Sign in to follow this  
theirongiant

Trip-flares

I'm sure there is probably a proper name for what i'm thinking of but a neat wee thing to have would be a device you can plant in the ground that has a 5m-10m tripwire attached which when triggered fired a flare into the air. While not realistic it would probably be better if zombies didn't trigger them as they'd rendered them pretty useless but it could add a bit of extra drama to the mix.

• Like 3

Could be used as a tool by nighttime snipers without NVG:s to snipe targets in Cherno I presume? You got my beans

Could be used as a tool by nighttime snipers without NVG:s to snipe targets in Cherno I presume? You got my beans

It'd work both ways, you could also scatter a couple round likely routes before looting a town to give you a chance of a warning.

intriguing suggestion, I approve of this although could you just pick these up and fire them at helicopters? i'd really like to see that.

I'm liking the suggestion! Maybe just a trap wire in general, maybe it could be combined with grenades....smoke...or even empty cans for noise?

hmmmmmmm interesting

I use these with my RM training and they are great fun.

I support this

Early warning tactics. Used a lot in the military. I support this idea, I do believe its been suggested before...

For a loner' like myself... sometimes I know I'm being trailed... it would be nice to be able to put a trip down, break azimuth, and setup a ambush. I know that when players hit a trip they'd start to freak and it would add to the element of surprise for people that actually use military tactics in a zombie-army simulator...

Great idea, I would love to set up a perimeter with these things around a base or something as an early warning device. Would work nicely to secure your things while your off scavenging, see a flare, "oh crap, someone is raiding the supplies", or as a "grab your guns boys, weve got visitors incoming".

Now if in addition you could hook them up to some claymore mines......... KaBoom

I would be very nice to have this kind of thing in the SA. Let the games begin!

I'm sure there is probably a proper name for what i'm thinking of but a neat wee thing to have would be a device you can plant in the ground that has a 5m-10m tripwire attached which when triggered fired a flare into the air. While not realistic it would probably be better if zombies didn't trigger them as they'd rendered them pretty useless but it could add a bit of extra drama to the mix.

Nice idea I like this. Also be good if you could attach a smoke grenade or frag grenade to it :o

Great idea but i think that zombies should be able to trip it instead of nomal players as zombies may not travel to certain place where a player might and it may ve a little too imba if it is only for players.

Eg: place a few like in cherno market , main roads , church and medical tents and allow player to trip it but not zombies ... Zombies walk through them like nothing happens but when a player walks and trigger the trap , all hell break lose.

Some players may misuse and abuse this system if u know what i mean and some players may prefer to use it to detect zombies etc etc...

Nice idea I like this. Also be good if you could attach a smoke grenade or frag grenade to it :o

Aye, maybe some sort general trip-wire device that can be combined with different payloads.

Great idea but i think that zombies should be able to trip it instead of nomal players as zombies may not travel to certain place where a player might and it may ve a little too imba if it is only for players.

Eg: place a few like in cherno market , main roads , church and medical tents and allow player to trip it but not zombies ... Zombies walk through them like nothing happens but when a player walks and trigger the trap , all hell break lose.

Some players may misuse and abuse this system if u know what i mean and some players may prefer to use it to detect zombies etc etc...

I just think they'd lose effectiveness and probably wouldn't be used much if the zombies could trip them. It'd go from being a useful device for tell you that there was a clumsy player nearby to being a great way of announcing to the world that you're where you are on the map. Not really realistic but gameplay wise i think it'd make sense to have zombies not trigger them, hell the damn things glide through barbwire like it ain't there.

I'd totally have animals set them off though.