sobieski12

Should more dayz servers support "HALO Jumping"?

I'll be honest, with standalone still in the works.

* Could more servers apply more mods?

The "HALO Jump" is a amazing mechanic versus the standard ejection system.

* The ability to free-fall and to open the cute when you choose too.

* The ability to steer and brake with the parachute is also impressive.

What do you guys think?

* Should more servers support the usage of "HALO Jumping"?

I'll post a vid of me "HALO Jumping in Dayz"

Oops mis read your post. Sorry. :blush:

Edited by NoyZ

Hello there

For me, parajumping/halo etc is far away from the Dayz ethos IMHO.

But each to their own. If enough folk want it on a server, why not?

Rgds

LoK

Yeah not very DayZ, but we can hope some crossovers for the Mod, would lov eto see the streelight mod on DayZ (Given a relevence)

Yeah not very DayZ, but we can hope some crossovers for the Mod, would lov eto see the streelight mod on DayZ (Given a relevence)

Your character could be ex-military.

* I do not see the issue if you have the overall experience.

* Unless you guys dislike the standard ejection system as-well?

Still looking for a server supporting the ACE mod.

But interesting enough, the server I did the HALO jump.

* They also implemented a scavenging script.

- The ability to go to cars and take apart good wheels and other parts.

But ofc, you need a toolbox.

* Good stuff.

Edited by Sobieski12

I agree, only makes the game more realistic, I don't recall parachutes EVER deploying automatically after jumping, HALO jumping isn't something that's particularly difficult either, it's just jumping from an extremely high altitude and deploying your parachute at a low altitude to avoid detection, any common person can contemplate such a strategy.

• Like 1

Yeah more servers should have it. Its alote of fun skydiving in Arma 2, it would be a cool feature if you could HALO out of a chopper.

Something occurs to me: With this mechanic, it may be more difficult to kamikaze a plane into players and survive. I've seen individuals fly aircraft towards player bases and eject at the last second to ensure the most accuracy in where the plane will land. If chute deployment is another step, that forces people to eject at a higher altitude, perhaps making aircraft crashing a far less effective tactic.

Was browsing over a couple old videos and I've noticed more people have noticed the "Dayz Halo Jump vid".

* Quite interesting that more and more servers are incorporating such mods to enhance the gaming experience.

Keep it up server admins!

:thumbsup:

It is quite fun, when HALO jumping in groups to infiltrate various enemy camps on various different maps. :)

N N N N N N Necro thread! :)

Ahh, it's not too old I suppose.

Still, I still feel HALO is more a vanilla Arma aspect. These survivors seem to be very well trained pilots/engineers/riflemen/butchers/paras.

Rgds

LoK

N N N N N N Necro thread! :)

Ahh, it's not too old I suppose.

Still, I still feel HALO is more a vanilla Arma aspect. These survivors seem to be very well trained pilots/engineers/riflemen/butchers/paras.

Rgds

LoK

I can't help I would be such a Badass in the apocalypse so why not in dayz? Haha I have never done the halo jump myself

I agree, only makes the game more realistic, I don't recall parachutes EVER deploying automatically after jumping, HALO jumping isn't something that's particularly difficult either, it's just jumping from an extremely high altitude and deploying your parachute at a low altitude to avoid detection, any common person can contemplate such a strategy.

I'm not sure if you were talking about DayZ or real life, but in real life when airborne troops jump out of the airplane their chutes deploy automatically. Of course this is very different from bailing out of a helicopter (which isn't HALO jumping either).

If only there was a game like DayZ, except it was more of a military simulation...

Hmm. Nope, can't think of one.

Sarcasm aside, this is not appropriate for DayZ, in my opinion. The game has been going more and more towards military shooter and I don't understand it. Why play DayZ when what you want is a military sim?

Anyone here HALO or HAHO jump qualified? (crickets) Ok, didn't think so. I certainly am not. Although I have met and worked with a few people who are. They are very highly qualified former military (20+ years, retired) with hundreds or thousands of jumps. I don't think the DayZ survivor would fit this category. Even most jump qualified military personnel do not perform these types of jumps. You need an oxygen mask as well. I'm not even sure if any jump from an airplane in the Arma series would qualify as high altitude (15,000' MSL or above).

What I want to know is if it's the apocolypse and you have a plane that can fly at 15,000', why would you jump out of it? It doesn't even make sense.

Jump out a perfectly good flying machine? No thank you sir.

I will agree with HALO jumping in DayZ but only after an hour long "parachute packing" animation. Realism, you know.

I've jumped out a fair few planes but the longest free fall i have had is 20 seconds, pretty cool shit. My first ever jump we landed about 5 metres from the biggest set of breasts on the beach..she was impressed..so were we ;) Halo in game is cool but not very dayzesque really.