zanenewberry

DayZ- My Best Story

Hopefully this is the right place to share a story. Anyways, I'm Zane and I started playing DayZ half a month ago. I started a noob and worked my way up to a DayZ master (I think :D) and I'm here to share my story.

It started late one night, I just spawned in Komarovo and with my experience, I knew that the town had a main road all the way to NorthWest Airfield (Or International Airport as some call it). So I gathered some food and set off on the road. I made it to Zelenogorsk then became low on blood due to not caring about zombies when looting because I didn't care if I was sneaky, I just wanted to get to the Airfield as fast as I could. I picked up a hachet, a hunting knife on the way, I looted the supermarket in Zelenogorsk and found matches. I decided that I should turn the gamma option all the way up (The option in the game that basically gives you night vision) and find a few animals in the fields around me to get meat and cook it to get my blood up. After a few animals I got my blood to a decent amount. I continued to the airfield, I sneaked around to the first barrack, I could tell it hasn't been looted since the last server restart because the doors were shut and had very good items. I explored the barrack door by door then came across a M249 Saw Light Machine gun, I was extremely excited. I logged off because I was tired.

The next day I logged back on and was still excited to walk around with the weapon. I explored the rest of the airfield,I found the best loot for navigation, GPS, Compass, and map, I was making my third round to the barracks to see if anything respawned, but before I could get there, a hacker teleported me to Electro and scared me. I looked at him and he looked at me and we unloaded on each other. I still had the Saw and he had a M16A1 CCO SD. We were to close and out bullets went though each other. I thought he had god mode on and took off into the supermarket he shot me twice and I started bleeding out on red but I wasn't passed out, I ran out the back of the store while he chased me, I stopped real quick and yelled "Why are you hacking?", like all hackers, he didn't reply, just kept chasing me, I ran into the church. He was far behind because he stopped a few times to shoot at me. I quickly bandaged myself and logged out but befored I clicked Abort, I had noticed a broken bus in the background.

I logged back in to another server with less people. I noticed the bus was there because I logged out close to it. I decided to explore the town for parts for I can get back to the airfield, after finding nothing, I returned to the church to find another person camping my bus. I didn't want to take the chance to see if he was friendly or not, so I unloaded the Saw into his chest and head, he died. I decided to search the industral part of the city for parts. I found a tire and returned to the bus to find ANOTHER player in the church. Once again, I shot him not wanting to take the chance of losing my items. I attached the tire and ran back into the church, I heard someone on the mic in direct communication, I hid in a corner. He ran in yelling we was friendly. He just spawned and had no weapons or gear. I needed a blood transfusion after the hacker attack so I didn't kill him. I told him that I won't kill him if he helped me with my blood problem, he did. I told him to tell me if he comes back for I won't kill him. I went off searching again. I came back and he was back, he said now he needed blood. He had a shotgun now and I told him to lower it. I told him to run to the church, I'll meet him there. I asked him if he was out of blood, he reply "No, I just was about to go on an adventure and I wanted to be safe". Me being the friendly old me said ok. I opened my backpack near him, he raised his weapon, I tired to backout of inventory and shoot him but I was too late, he shot me in the head... I lost everything, my bus, my Saw, NV goggles, range finder, GPS, etc... I almost rage quit, but I thought I could still get him.

Luckfully, I spawned in a town near, I ran to all firestations to grab a gun and found a shotgun. I ran back to the church to find he hid my body for I can't get some items he left, but he left the bus. I ran to the industral part of the city, found the parts I needed to repair the bus. I repaired it and went searching for that backstabber I tried to help. I didn't find him. I lost my gear forever.

Believe it or not, that was my best story on DayZ, I went from new spawned, to best armed on the server, to helpful, to dead. So tell me what you think. Thanks for reading.

• Like 3

Gets hit by zombies while looting,

Yells at a hacker, "Why are you hacking?"

Overly excited about finding a SAW,

Has been playing DayZ for half a month.

DayZ master indeed.

(Nah, JKing, but seriously, nice story :D)

Edited by fletchernut
  • Like 1

A good story. It's a shame so many members of the community nowadays seem to be more interested in backstabbing that being friendly and helpful. Beans for you sir!

In all honesty... You should have got the hell out of Electro. Cherno/Electro is not a good place to be, epsecially when you are well geared. I understand you were teleported there, but in all honesty the bus just isn't worth the effort. That bus is a giant slow moving target anyway.

Berezino is the only city that I will ever go in when I have good gear and even then it's only every lightning raids. Usually for hospital supplies.

Don't trust people or if you are going to help them out then always make sure you are in a position of power over them. Like maybe getting them to put their weapon on the ground. If they don't then shoot them or get away from them as they probably have nefarious intentions.

Don't get attached to you items because you will lose them no matter what

Pfft, ignore this man I've had the same DMR for almost 2 months :P But you probably should learn that Equipment comes and goes and love it whilst you have it, but also be ready for the hunt again, honestly one of my favorite parts of DAYZ is the item hunt, though I've grown attatched to my gun

In all honesty... You should have got the hell out of Electro. Cherno/Electro is not a good place to be, epsecially when you are well geared. I understand you were teleported there, but in all honesty the bus just isn't worth the effort. That bus is a giant slow moving target anyway.

Berezino is the only city that I will ever go in when I have good gear and even then it's only every lightning raids. Usually for hospital supplies.

Don't trust people or if you are going to help them out then always make sure you are in a position of power over them. Like maybe getting them to put their weapon on the ground. If they don't then shoot them or get away from them as they probably have nefarious intentions.

And this guy here, is also wrong, I say go to Elektro and Cherno, Hell I currently live on top of the hospital in Elektro. But know what you are doing, If there is a sniper your first job is take cover, don't drop on the ground in the cities, cause they will have high ground on you. Learn the cities and the good sniping spots. Also keep a smoke grenade or two and some flares on you, Flares and night will attract them AND zombies or Smokes during the day, either at them or where you plan on running.

And when dealing with people, Talk to them! And then from there replies gauge them it will take awhile but it will be worth it. I would also suggest finding a home server, knowing people on the server and making friends makes the game a thousand times more fun. But remeber at the end of the day no matter how immersive DayZ is, its a game so do what you have to, to enjoy it!

Also good read my friend! May we meet on the friendly Bambi filled shores!

Edited by EliteSkittle

My story goes..

Took me ages to loot all these items, GPS, NVision, DMR and G17, with ammo.. binoculars

I saw a guy near a helicopter, first i shot him but then he yelled friendly and i noticed he was unarmed

Me BEING friendly offered him blood transfusion and bandage,

He asked for a tool box so i went towards the helicopter,

I was about to fix it when he suddenly got on the heavy machine gun and shot me from the helicopter..

I was killed by an unarmed player WTF.

Quit Dayz...............

for a few days......... then came back haha

VERY hard to find legit players these days..

Pfft, ignore this man I've had the same DMR for almost 2 months :P But you probably should learn that Equipment comes and goes and love it whilst you have it, but also be ready for the hunt again, honestly one of my favorite parts of DAYZ is the item hunt, though I've grown attatched to my gun

And this guy here, is also wrong, I say go to Elektro and Cherno, Hell I currently live on top of the hospital in Elektro. But know what you are doing, If there is a sniper your first job is take cover, don't drop on the ground in the cities, cause they will have high ground on you. Learn the cities and the good sniping spots. Also keep a smoke grenade or two and some flares on you, Flares and night will attract them AND zombies or Smokes during the day, either at them or where you plan on running.

And when dealing with people, Talk to them! And then from there replies gauge them it will take awhile but it will be worth it. I would also suggest finding a home server, knowing people on the server and making friends makes the game a thousand times more fun. But remeber at the end of the day no matter how immersive DayZ is, its a game so do what you have to, to enjoy it!

If you have had the same DMR for 2 months you clearly haven't done much as I've seen the most experienced DayZ players not keep their weapons for longer than a week

Or, you're just a terrible player.

@OP

I'd say play a private hive, hackers are usually delt with, combat loggers can't server hop. Much better.

>"I returned to the church to find another person camping my bus."

>"my bus"

He probably saw it first and was fixing it.

A good story. It's a shame so many members of the community nowadays seem to be more interested in backstabbing that being friendly and helpful. Beans for you sir!

SPY!

I'm not wrong because it's my opinion.

If you want to run around Cherno and Electro then be my guest. But since this game is a SURVIVAL based horror game then I would think the best way to gear up would be the way that you had the best chance to survive.

Living on top of the hospital roof? That sounds like a lot of fun...