Botelho31

Wait for SA or buy Arma 2:CO that is the question

with the recent news that say that the standalone is near to getting released i am very excited but i have been really wanting to buy the mod for a long time but i am not sure if i can hold it any more so i am asking for you guys opinion should i buy it or wait

If the steam sale is still on its worth a punt. Was £14.99 last i checked for arma2: CO.

Edited by Redonis

I'm not sure where you are getting your news but the Stand Alone is no where near complete. In fact it's been delayed.

http://www.gameinfor...r-overhaul.aspx

:(

i actually got the news from the tumblr post that has been quoted in your link and it says that there all there is left is to test the closed beta and then they will start thinking about a release date.The only reason that would make it delay a lot was if the closed beta testing lasted more than 1 month

i found matt lighfoot interview a lot more dissapointing than the news that rocket provided us

i found matt lighfoot interview a lot more dissapointing than the news that rocket provided us

Why? Sorry if Im being nosy but was just wondering what you found disappointing in the interview.

Idle curiosity :D

Why? Sorry if Im being nosy but was just wondering what you found disappointing in the interview.

Idle curiosity :D

they asked a lot of questions about the bugs and the stand alone and it sounded like they still need to fix a lot of bugs and some of them might even take a total start up from scratch to be done(some might even be impossible to fix).and something i laughted about was that he sad he would increase the speed of zombies

at least we are getting the version earlier and they are gonna improve on that version

@Botelho31 Ah I see. Maybe Im not understanding the release but i thought when we get the first release of SA we arent really playing a finished game. We are in fact playtesters. All those bug fixes will be because we played the game and found them. There will be many builds added onto the SA as time goes on and in a year or so there will be a finished game that BI can sell as a finished/polished product. We get the pleasure of playing the game even though its unfinished and in doing so help BI in a some small way finish it.

Thanks for the response, I wonder why you laughed at the zeds getting faster. Do you think they are fast enough? I ask because I havent played yet and wonder your opinion as too what the Zeds are like and how you want them to be.

@Botelho31 Ah I see. Maybe Im not understanding the release but i thought when we get the first release of SA we arent really playing a finished game. We are in fact playtesters. All those bug fixes will be because we played the game and found them. There will be many builds added onto the SA as time goes on and in a year or so there will be a finished game that BI can sell as a finished/polished product. We get the pleasure of playing the game even though its unfinished and in doing so help BI in a some small way finish it.

Thanks for the response, I wonder why you laughed at the zeds getting faster. Do you think they are fast enough? I ask because I havent played yet and wonder your opinion as too what the Zeds are like and how you want them to be.

i kinda like the feel of they doing this like minecraft because minecraft has a very active community and a dev team that cares for the community.

as for the zombies if you haven't seen them you should because they are faster than uzain bolt right now so if they increse the speed they will praticly teleport.as for what i want them to be i want them to be hard but if you got the skills you could easily flank them by throwing rocks,bottles,etc(yes i want them to be like the dumb cops in hitman games lol).

Edited by Botelho31

....as for the zombies if you haven't seen them you should because they are faster than uzain bolt right now so if they increse the speed they will praticly teleport.as for what i want them to be i want them to be hard but if you got the skills you could easily flank them by throwing rocks,bottles,etc(yes i want them to be like the dumb cops in hitman games lol).

LMAO. Cant wait to see that myself ingame. :lol:

21bn3wx.jpg

Arma 2:CO can provide you with much more than just DayZ, get on it!

Edited by pmjkerr
  • Like 1

they asked a lot of questions about the bugs and the stand alone and it sounded like they still need to fix a lot of bugs and some of them might even take a total start up from scratch to be done(some might even be impossible to fix).and something i laughted about was that he sad he would increase the speed of zombies

It's being released in alpha, lol. Surely you weren't expecting new models, map, overhauled med system, UI, etc. etc. etc. as well as all the bug fixes to have been completed in 6 months??? o.O

Sorry to ask Sir! But have you pr-ordered Dayz Sa?

Im quite sure no one owes you nothing cos i dont recall there being a Pre-order systen for Dayz Sa :s

I found Matt gave alot more answers than Dean normally does

Was a good interview :)

with the recent news that say that the standalone is near to getting released i am very excited but i have been really wanting to buy the mod for a long time but i am not sure if i can hold it any more so i am asking for you guys opinion should i buy it or wait

The Standalone is going to be Day standalone and the Dayz mod will go in a totally different direction because its player developed.

imo get both because they will be different

as for what i want them to be i want them to be hard but if you got the skills you could easily flank them by throwing rocks,bottles,etc(yes i want them to be like the dumb cops in hitman games lol).

You can already do that in the mod. Throw bottles of whisky or flares to distract them and sneak around town (in fact they are pretty tough and dangerous for beginners). Their animations are pretty basic, maybe it's why you think their AI is not that good but they function really well (a nice mix between the walking dead and 28 days later)

@jaytmu man i don't expect the game to be perfect right of the bet i just want the major glitches to be fixed during the closed beta testing(such as breaking legs by walking throught doors)because these really break gameplay sometimes and should be fixed before they moving into the super cool features

@jaytmu man i don't expect the game to be perfect right of the bet i just want the major glitches to be fixed during the closed beta testing(such as breaking legs by walking throught doors)because these really break gameplay sometimes and should be fixed before they moving into the super cool features

you're lucky enough to start with the best and most stable version of DayZ yet (some builds in may/june were such a mess with fps drop and major annoying glitches) so... why wait?