Sign in to follow this  
soerlikar_90@hotmail.com

Ranging with the CZ550

Hey guys, i have noticed that people are struggling with estimating range to targets with this gun. I managed to develop a pretty accurate ranging method for this guns scope. On the horizontal line of this gun there is vertical lines, I found out that these can actually be used for ranging. You use these lines to measure the length between a players shoulders. Just count the lines from one shoulder to the other and you are able to estimate the range. Here is my result on the shooting range :

200m - 7 lines

300m - 4.5 lines

400m - 4 lines

500m - 3.5 lines

600m - 3 lines

700m - 2.5 lines

800m - 1.5 lines

Note that after 500 meters the ranging becomes more and more inaccurate and that is when I got my first misses on the target with the gun as well. Hope this helps.

Edited by LoneWolf.:NOR:.
  • Like 1

Should put up some pictures to show how it works. Also, would only work if the target it facing either right towards you or his back right towards you.

• Like 1

the drop off seems pretty quick (as in you have to aim up over a short distance).

it is a hard rifle to use well.me and my friends played it a fallujah server yesterday where it was in the loadout and it was a lot of fun.lots of missed shots and it lends itself to the map brilliantly.

i normally test sniper rifles out on zeds when i first get them , plus it is fun.

the drop off seems pretty quick (as in you have to aim up over a short distance).

it is a hard rifle to use well.me and my friends played it a fallujah server yesterday where it was in the loadout and it was a lot of fun.lots of missed shots and it lends itself to the map brilliantly.

i normally test sniper rifles out on zeds when i first get them , plus it is fun.

What makes weapons fun is when you have to think to use them.

• Like 3

found something else, you can use the vertical lines on the horizontal line of the crosshair to correct your point of aim on moving targets. Formula: distance to target / 2 = on which line to fire on. For example, 500 meters equals 2.5 lines you have to aim ahead of your target. This was tested on the target range mission for arma 2. Got headshots all the way up to 800 meters, which is this guns max range, I think.

Edited by LoneWolf.:NOR:.

doesn't it have zeroing?

The ammount of stupidity... Yes it has zeroing, but do you know how to use it accurately by guessing? I dont think so.. The OP gave us a way of using the zeroing correctly by calculating

i detest the CZ550. it is far too inconsistent with its damage and accuracy. nice guide for people who are unfortunate enough to use it, though.

i detest the CZ550. it is far too inconsistent with its damage and accuracy. nice guide for people who are unfortunate enough to use it, though.

I like the CZ, I got a guy on the tower at 800m with it the other day, and a couple more in the factory staircase. It sucks compared to every other sniper rifle, though. I like the DMR the best only because it's compatible with night vision, plus I have a little card with where to aim out to 1000m.

Do you know the best way to hit your target?

Fire and hope it hits, if not FIRE AGAIN!

IhxHU.jpg?1

• Like 1

I like the CZ, I got a guy on the tower at 800m with it the other day, and a couple more in the factory staircase. It sucks compared to every other sniper rifle, though. I like the DMR the best only because it's compatible with night vision, plus I have a little card with where to aim out to 1000m.

M24 is so much easier to use. Perfect for taking out targets at 1000 meters without much trouble. DMR is more for targets at 500 meters and less.

M24 is so much easier to use. Perfect for taking out targets at 1000 meters without much trouble. DMR is more for targets at 500 meters and less.

DMR is just as accurate and easy to use as the M24, so your argument is invalid