tact

Rocket: This difficulty FUCKING rocks!

+1 totally agree, this update is a game changer.

For the first time since discovering this mod I actually HAD to co operate with other players JUST TO SURVIVE. Trapped in Elektro by aggroing zombies I ran to the supermarket and was actually RELIEVED to see other survivors, instead of wanting to kill them as a potential threat: DayZ is starting to mirror exactly how most sane people would feel in a disaster situation.

Using direct chat (which I had never bothered with before) to help each other share ammo and reach the hospital was epic, before we finally did transfusions, wished each other luck and went our separate ways. Really amazes me how I have suddenly gone from being a SoS lone wolfer to a team player, all because of the new update....

And creeping through Elektro with a G17 and flashlight was CREEPY AS FUCK now that the Zeds mean business, especially with the red light of flares lighting up the inky darkness. Amazing atmosphere, truly. I felt enormous achievement just getting some supplies and making it out alive...whereas before the update I would have just lone-wolfed in and out, wasting zeds without a worry: it's essentially a whole new game for me now. Thank you Rocket and team for all the continued hard work!

zombie_apocalypse2.png

It was easy and getting boring for the team of 12 people im in, now we split up an use proper tactics to get in and out, got 3 cars today :) if you use tactics, and a team, you will succeed.

I agree this new level of difficulty rocks, spawned in a supermarket in town waiting to see how hard it was going to get out of town, after quite a few instances of shitting ourselves we managed to get out, then thought we'd go check a deer stand nearby, 14 zombies patrolling around it was enough for us to not bother lol.

tldr

Rocket Please don't nerf the zombies.

Finally a thread where some real gamers have voiced there opinion and it is good to see that the majority of replys are in favour of the patch except for the issues like spawn! apparently in other threads we are retards for thinking all the things we like in this patch are good!

I agree this new level of difficulty rocks' date=' spawned in a supermarket in town waiting to see how hard it was going to get out of town, after quite a few instances of shitting ourselves we managed to get out, then thought we'd go check a deer stand nearby, 14 zombies patrolling around it was enough for us to not bother lol.

tldr

Rocket Please don't nerf the zombies.

[/quote']

Rocket did not intend the Zombies/Infected to be this effective in terms of their visual abilities at the moment. There's a reason why it's getting hotfixed, because he obviously didn't want Zombies/Infected having eagle eye vision/awareness.

-like in previous post-

This game has gone from a, kill everything that moves, to a; is this guy friendly? If it safe to move here? "lets team" very tense hardcore experience, Gling through elektro use to be like walking through a field.. Now its like walking through bloody london if everyone was a zombie.. Tense=hardcore=hardcore=awesome=awesome=i dont know you tell me xD

Observe, Adapt, Survive! Its the quintessential essense of the Mod.

22146993.jpg

Hasn't it always been appealing to the hardcore crowd...?

It appealed to the sandbox crowd. The game was never very "difficult" imo (PvP aside obv).

So' date=' a game where you have nothing, dies 10 times before you even find a weapon only to die 5 minutes later because a zombie, 500m away from you, spotted you, and when you hide it won't de-aggro you and still hit thru doors?

I don't think that appeals to many people at all, and i was a huge fan of DayZ until this happened.

With this patch, i regret ever buying arma2, and i seriously hope rocket will come to the conclusion that, even tho he want's a hard game, this is a boring game atm.

[/quote']

agreed.

DAYZDEVS are lolzy.

Rocket is another reason to be a proud kiwi!

Keep us scared, keep us dying

Ignore all whiners, if they want a casual zombie games theres plenty out there

The community opinion doesnt matter, keep this mod true to your own design,

Keep up the awesome work

At a certain point I don't think a zombie being able to see you a hundred meters away is fun or even necessarily extremely awesome. It pretty much makes going into towns a death trap unless you want to slaughter the whole town. Now I would love to do that sometimes but it isn't neccesarily within my capabilities all the time.

Plus the zombies seem to spawn irregularly with this mod. Zombies would be less challenging if they don't instantly get a speed boost every time you aim at them. Running zombies and Day Z zombies are different. Running zombies basically run towards you in a relatively straight line. Day Z zombies actively zig zag around you. I'd rather take the former.

With this patch' date=' i regret ever buying arma2

[/quote']

Go download some other ArmA mods and play them instead. It's not all about DayZ.

actually loving this new patch - see my 93 zombie pic/thread

When my clan first started Day z together we thought it was very hard, then we got used to it and found it quite easy to play.

Now its hard again, so we will adapt and overcome.

L2P people

The new patch is really tough without NVGs. I foresee a lot more chain respawning so that friends start together in the same area.

Ya'll making it way to hard for yourself..

Probably not in 1.7.1.1 but in 1.7.1 it was EASY all you do is run around carelessly and you can loose aggro so easy

It is only "hard" for those using old tactics still... And being scared...

Our group first played this patch today and at first we were raging the fuck out about how easy it was to aggro and the increased chance of bleeding and being knocked down etc. but, after a while of playing and adjusting, I gotta say, I think tact is right.

Still has a few bugs to iron out ofc but I'm enjoying the improvements to the game play. Being a lot more careful pays off. It makes stealth a lot more difficult but before it was way to easy, you could pretty much crawl underneath a Zeds nose and he would just step over you and move on. Now, I find myself running out of morphine instead of carrying the same two sticks around forever.

I'm enjoying it. Keep up the good work.

Highfive OP, high-fucking-five.

I love this update and everything about it. Old versions were too easy, zombie wise anyways

Bah... all you kids complaining it's too hard you should go back to L4D or something. ARMA was meant to be realistic/tactical and so does DayZ. Apart from all the spawning glitches and all the game is truly challenging the way it's supposed to be. And remember this is still an ALPHA...

I love the new update.

The zombies need work or whatever.. but for the first time in about 2 weeks I died last night.

(ever seen a cartoon where someone disturbs a bees nest, gets swarmed and has to run and jump in the water? It was like that but instead of water I got raped to death in a field by 20 zombies.) It was the first time I had felt fear since first spawning in however many weeks ago.

Also love spawning without a weapon and having to crawl from the beach to the safety of the woods, again it brings back that fear. All most of a hopeless situation.

I do wish you would spawn with a watch though.. most people have a watch.

Would help find north too..

Yeesh, just as I thought I had gotten the game down and could be considered an experienced player, this patch happens.

Thank the lord and Rocket for putting that off again by a few days.

Or weeks.

Or months.

Or years.

THIS is what makes this mod start to really define itself' date=' THIS is the fucking apocalypse people! It is hard, it will rape you, and it will need polish. The fear of zombies is BACK! You will adapt, and embrace a whole LAYER of this game again: Stealth.

This is Hitman, this is Thief, this is the what makes this experience amazing. Risk, reward, and fear. You can't just camp in a building anymore and slowly kill 15 zombies then move out. We went through 5 mags doing single shots on a barn pull. 70 zombies later, we were low on ammo and had beans. This is as it should be.

I think this is a bold step in the right direction.

BTW, I spawned without a gun, and fucking loved it. Now geared, and in the hills. Embrace stealth, and the new LOS mechanic, you can lose all or many zeds.

GFJ ROCKET!

[/quote']

Couldn't have said it better myself sir.... Bravo.

It's not harder, just more of a pain in the ass. I'm not going to die cause of these changes. It's not scary, it isn't more difficult in any way that would make it more interesting or fun. It's just more tedious and time consuming. I work all day plus gf the last thing I needed was to go from a slow crouching walk to a perminent crawl. Sure tactics and strategy are involved, they were there from the start. Don't go near zeds, so nothing's changed other than turning slow into slower.

The people saying this is the best thing since sliced bread can't see a broken update when it hits them in the face. If you idiots are taking Argo, bleading, and running from these awesome zombies, sry but the last thing you sound like is a hardcore skilled player. My buds and me fit into the category of dedicated fan boys who've been playing enough to get to the point that if you see us, your either dying or dead. And we don't like these changes so not all the hardcore gamers like the change. Making the looting zombie part of the game slower than it was previously doesn't add a damn thing. All you "hardcore gamers" commenting how good this shit is sound like your playing the apocalypse wrong. Still not a game to fear the Zombies, never was never will be. This is human vs human survival and zombies are the setting in the background of the gameplay. Doesnt matter how attentive or smart you make them, they arnt half as intense as a good human squad working their way out of a treeline.

There's a balance to be had for zombie difficulty, cranking them up so looting is slowed to a crawl is not the way to go.

Merrick