Sign in to follow this  
TheTechNerd

New machine, What can I expect?

Before you start, Yes I do know there is a 'Can I run it' topic. That is not what I am asking.

I am building a new PC over the next 3-4 months and don't know what sort of FPS to expect on DayZ (The standalone will likely be out by then too)

If you have any ideas on the sort of FPS I would get on maximum settings with the following specs please tell me.

Case - Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker XL-ATX Case

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Green Power 2TB 64MB Cache Hard Disk Drive 6Gb/s (OEM)

PSU - Novatech PowerStation Black Edition 750W Silent ATX2 Modular Power Supply

CPU - 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 3770K 3.50GHz Socket LGA1155 - Retail.

RAM - G.Skill RipJawsX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C10 1866MHz Dual Channel Kit

SSD - SanDisk Extreme SSD SATA III 2.5" 240GB Solid State Hard Drive

Disk Drive - Samsung 224BB 24x DVD Re-Writer SATA

Mobo - ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) Motherboard

CPU Cooling - Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler

Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM Service Pack 1

GPU - MSI AMD Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III OC 3072MB GDDR5

I will most likely be overclocking the system but I don't know for sure.

Thanks in advance for any replys :)

Your RAM might help you out a bit, and the SATA hard drive, but I essentially have the AMD-equivalent version of your system, and I'm getting ~50-60 FPS on average; 20-30 in cities such as Cherno.

For the love of your system, I beg you. Don't buy a AMD Radeon for that awesome equipment. Just go for an ASUS GTX 670. Oh and fps-wise it will be running fluent with 70+ I suppose. Overclocked ofc.

Edited by LYE

Should run well but you need to understand the buildings in DAYZ are not quite optimal design for performance. No vis blocking and or a plethora of windows etc. In rendering world there are some serious problems with some of the design aspects of DAYZ that will effect everyones performance. However that beast will run at a solid 60fps with decent settings no doubt. Also the lodding in this game is pretty bad. Setting object detail to sceneComplexity=100000; in the config file ensures maximum performance in large urban areas. However for the rest of the gameworld you will be able to run maxed with no issues.

For my I7 2600k I find this setting to work well. I avoid using the MaxMem command as it will force the engine to stream 2047 chunks of memory at a time and this causes huge hitches on z68 chipset. You can safely increase max texture memory ingame though or via the config file.

-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -nosplash -skipIntro -nopause

Not sure about ATI with regards to pre-rendering frames but on Nvidia I find setting the pre-rendered frames to 1 via the engine and control panel to ensure maximum performance. The game is butter smooth in most if not all areas except some larger towns where like I said the lodding and optimization or almost non existent.

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

I think the only time you really need to render frames ahead is under low average framerate situations. Game runs like butter for most of the time over here but as a mod lacking some of that industrial lodding etc the game does suffer in places. Overall though you will be running silky smooth. There are some good guides to tuning performance on the site to find the sweet spots.