boomey30

LAG! Even in menu!

Ok, So a few days ago I bought Arma 2 Combined operations. I downloaded Operation arrowhead first so I played it for a few hours, I adveraged about 50 fps. I downloaded Arma 2, then the problems happened. After that I would try to run Arma 2 OA, It would go to about 40 fps then back to 0 then repeats. I tried to play Dayz.. Same exact thing. Please help!

Ok, So a few days ago I bought Arma 2 Combined operations. I downloaded Operation arrowhead first so I played it for a few hours, I adveraged about 50 fps. I downloaded Arma 2, then the problems happened. After that I would try to run Arma 2 OA, It would go to about 40 fps then back to 0 then repeats. I tried to play Dayz.. Same exact thing. Please help!

Go back to the basics, re-install everything, patches, add-ons, everything and also configure your graphics settings. Beyond that I'm not sure what could be the problem.

Go back to the basics, re-install everything, patches, add-ons, everything and also configure your graphics settings. Beyond that I'm not sure what could be the problem.

I have a bad internet connection. That would mean another week before I could play. Is there anything else you would know of?

Hmm.. there's a few things you can do.

1) Scan for adware/spyware/viruses and obliterate them with hatred.

2) Run a disk cleanup and disk de-fragmentation to clean and compress files for more hard drive room.

3) Turn off any anti-virus software or monitoring software of any kind and then try it again.

4) Download Gamebooster (made by Razer), and run ArmA II with that, it'll normally disable any unnecessary processes on your computer hopefully ceasing the problem, i use it and it does help to a certain degree.

If these don't come up with a soultion, i'm sorry, friend, I cannot help you any further.

Good Luck.

Edited by Reichenbach Fall
  • Like 1

Yes post your pc specs,

Intel Celeron G540 @ 2.50 GHz

Radeon HD 6450 1GB

8gb DDR3 RAM

1TB HDD

Windows 7 64 bit

2) Run a disk cleanup and disk de-fragmentation to clean and compress files for more hard drive room.

3) Turn off any anti-virus software or monitoring software of any kind and then try it again.

4) Download Gamebooster (made by Razer), and run ArmA II with that, it'll normally disable any unnecessary processes on your computer hopefully ceasing the problem, i use it and it does help to a certain degree.

If these don't come up with a soultion, i'm sorry, friend, I cannot help you any further.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the help! Downloading Gamebooster now!

Good Luck.

Downloaded Advanced system care.. Did a full scan, there were a few errors so I repaired them. Launched Arma 2 and after a few seconds it starts freezing again.. :(

Edited by Boomey30

Try ccleaner, advanced system care is a crappy program designed by 10bit to cause error's,

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Advanced system care did fix the crazy lag spikes.. now I can play at about 15 fps but it still has crazy lag spikes every now and then..

May I also state after going back through this thread your cpu may not be able to handle day z,

Edited by burritoman259

tweak with your settings a bit.

*don't put everything on LOW, and put video Memory on Default.

If you put everything on low, the CPU will takeover instead of the GPU. And your gpu is.. well.. "normal".. but your cpu = MEH

tweak with your settings a bit.

*don't put everything on LOW, and put video Memory on Default.

If you put everything on low, the CPU will takeover instead of the GPU. And your gpu is.. well.. "normal".. but your cpu = MEH

What settings do you recommend?

I found out my ram was faulty. Ordered new ram recieved it today, ARMA 2 OA would run with no problems, downloaded arma 2 again and installed dayz to ramdisk to increase performance. Tried to play today and it freezes just like before.. ._.

May I also state after going back through this thread your cpu may not be able to handle day z,

Would it be possible that my cpu can handle OA and Arma 2 but just not DayZ?

When you say freeze, you mean it stalls, the game keeps running - you can hear sound - and then suddenly you are back free flowing for a short time, then 1-3 seconds of freezing?

Same here with me if that is your case. I created a RAM disk and put some of the larger BPO files on that BUT I have been told (in game) that a 100% fresh re-install solves the drama...........

Google "AMAII lag spikes +Drive Thrashing"

Good luck!

Edited by 97ADU OzRattler

When you say freeze, you mean it stalls, the game keeps running - you can hear sound - and then suddenly you are back free flowing for a short time, then 1-3 seconds of freezing?

Same here with me if that is your case. I created a RAM disk and put some of the larger BPO files on that BUT I have been told (in game) that a 100% fresh re-install solves the drama...........

Google "AMAII lag spikes +Drive Thrashing"

Good luck!

Yes, That is my exact problem.

Fixed it! It was as simple as changing the arma2oa.exe to the priority of high! It works now! Thank you to everyone who helped!