Siegfried

You know you've been playing too much DayZ when...

Post here about how DayZ has influenced your thinking. For me something recent would be when I was playing Skyrim and saw a castle I didn't know existed and I thought "I wonder if that is exclusive to this server?" Later I found myself scrolling the mouse wheel while trying to dismount my horse...

Share.

I know i've been playing too much DayZ when I try to select direct chat before I speak... In the real world.

• Like 2

when you go to the supermarket and have a big smile in your face when you see a Heinz can of beans

when you you are looking for a heli crash site everytime you are travelling in the country side

when you start to compare dayz with the walking dead series

when you see check pictures of conflicts in the middle east and know exactly what sort of rifle the guy in the picture is holding

when at your PC you shout "Damn, I need to eat" and your wife/girlfriend says "Do you want me to prepare a sandwich for you" and you say "no, it's my Dayz caracter that is hungry, not me".

Edited by Play
  • Like 2

I believe that walking on concrete roads is very dangerous and can get you vulnerable, therefore I no longer cross streets.

... I dont go outside i stay in my fortified house and when i hear a footstep i take a big breath.

• Like 2

when at your PC you shout "Damn, I need to eat" and your wife/girlfriend says "Do you want me to prepare a sandwich for you" and you say "no, it's my Dayz caracter that is hungry, not me".

This !

... I dont go outside i stay in my fortified house and when i hear a footstep i take a big breath.

Your Avatar is cool man!

When you don't enter buildings with only one door.

When you check for possible Bandit sniper locations before moving onto open ground.

When you almost ruin your underwear because an unseen dog in a neighbour's garden let out a very low and Zombie like growl as you walked past.

• Like 1

Well I once went to pull out my rangefinders when i saw a guy in the distance.

I also think sometimes someone is looking around the corner in 3rd person.........and I dont ever try to do that myself :o

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

When the sound of many flies flying arround comes from your room.

When you get an erection, whilst observing a female survivor through a scope of gun.

• Like 1

DayZ has corrupted my mind too.. I stay away from the Mountain Dew and just go for the coke.

It looks hilarious when I try to pick up groceries at my supermarket.

• Like 1

When you drive by a junk yard and see a white pick up truck and wonder what kinda parts you would need to fix it up.

When it's dark out you reach into your pocket looking for a chem light or flare to throw.

• Like 1

Alright, yesterday I was walking along in my local park around dusk. I began to hear footsteps, and saw a person walking along the pathway. They raised their hand to wave hello, and instinctively as I raised my hand back I yelled "Friendly!"...

This wouldent have been nearly as embarrassing, if it werent for the fact that this man also played dayz, and simply started cracking up as he realized what I had just said. We exchanged usernames and proceeded to go home to play with each other. ..

It turns out he was actually a player I already knew in game. He played on the server I did. We had already met and aided each other several times in game.

Probably the highlight of my dayz career.

• Like 7

Alright, yesterday I was walking along in my local park around dusk. I began to hear footsteps, and saw a person walking along the pathway. They raised their hand to wave hello, and instinctively as I raised my hand back I yelled "Friendly!"...

This wouldent have been nearly as embarrassing, if it werent for the fact that this man also played dayz, and simply started cracking up as he realized what I had just said. We exchanged usernames and proceeded to go home to play with each other. ..

It turns out he was actually a player I already knew in game. He played on the server I did. We had already met and aided each other several times in game.

Probably the highlight of my dayz career.

Friendly lol

If this is true, this is one of the best thing's I've ever heard.

Edited by mzltv

You know you've been playing too much DayZ when... you have seen more than 10 of this threads since you started playing DayZ

When my GF is talking on and on about her day at work,,, and I see a broken red chain in the bottom right corner of my vision.

• Like 2

I was driving to work yesterday and drove by a warehouse and they had a helicopter main rotor sitting on a flatbed trailer and my first thought was wondering if I had room in my inventory for it... too much Dayz.