Sign in to follow this  
toshiba

Rocket, i had a great idea as i slept

Rocket, i just woke up and had to jump up here. I had a great idea. there is a lot of griping about the one hit bleeding, and i find it over the top. But i feel like u were trying to make it to where every hit carries matters.

Ill admit im a bit of a survival nut IRL. But as i slept, i realized what u missed. Instead of bleeding from small scratches, why dont u introduce infection. Not "oh i got a zombie virus" infection, but instead "good lord what is that smell, my arm is falling off, i have a fever" infection. Because lets face it, for the sim, a small scratch wouldn't bleed out, but getting hit by gore infected fingernails or mouth WOULD give you an infection if the wound wasn't properly cleaned. As the infection gets worst, (which IRL could take less then a day) your fever would go up, forcing you to drink more, and messing with your vision. and your health would trickle DOWN. Proper field care will help prevent infections, and antibiotics could cure it. So introduce sanitatiser (or just make a first aid kit, which would have it inside. this could run parallel to the bandages) and give antibiotics something to do besides cure the common cold.

Its your call man, and i love what you have done with the mod, but this would add a level of realism. Extra cruelty mode, dont TELL them they have an infection, let them figure it out from water consumption, fever, and slowly declining overall health.

At 42 celsius (107.8 farenheit) we already have a constant brain melting fever. We can run forever because we're already dead.

I like it. There are already antibiotics in the game so the fix is right there. They might have to become more common however. Maybe find them in homes as well as hospitals. It's not unheard of for people to have antibiotic medicine in their homes.

Yeah I like the idea aswell. The infection effect is allready in the game so its just a matter of making it so you have chance to get infected on zombie hits.

Allthough you'd have to up the drop% of antibiotics aswell, cause they are very rare right now.

I am sorry, i didn't even think to put it in there, my bad.

Also, infection could cause vomiting in later stages as toxicity builds up. Using more food up and increasing urgancy to find antibiotics. Just sayin. Also shameless self bump :D

The Original Zombie mod has an infection counter need to be healed or have antibiotics within 7 mins or you die and your body becomes a zombie (so to speak)

You can already become infected if the temp drops below 31C i think.

I like this idea, but make it where you can still bleed after a few hits, Its almost impossible to lose enough temp that you get sick. make it where the infection at first doesnt really need treatment but as time goes on the need to get anti bio get more and more important

"I like this idea, but make it where you can still bleed after a few hits, Its almost impossible to lose enough temp that you get sick. make it where the infection at first doesnt really need treatment but as time goes on the need to get anti bio get more and more important"

That is exactly what i was thinking!

At 42 celsius (107.8 farenheit) we already have a constant brain melting fever. We can run forever because we're already dead.

:D That made me laugh.

But, if I am infected, I assume that I become a zed. So you are dead, more or less. Possible, but there should be a very small chance to become infected, as it would be just crappy if you become a zed everytime they hit you...

you mean like bandaging that fountain of kool-aid every time your touched? :D lol

AFAIK this is already in the game.

That is, if you're hit by a Z while bleeding, you have a small chance of infection.