Sign in to follow this  
rocky46

Suggestion for Vehicles (on the hive)

So obviously currently vehicles are saved locally on servers with their gear, my suggestion is this..

Each player has the ability to have 1 vehicle(and its contents) saved on the hive which they can use on any server.

If the vehicle is taken by another player on a server they lose it.

entering the driver/pilot seat claims vehicle if you haven't already claimed one.

if a player entering pilot/driver seat already has claimed one the vehicle is set as unclaimed and is left local to the server its on until it is claimed by a player.

if there are too many vehicles on a server, the unclaimed ones that came from a player(from the hive) are removed and lost on next server start.

I realize this would take a lot of code rework but would be cool nonetheless.

please comment with constructive criticism.

Edited by Rocky46

I think that this would overload some servers and leave others without vehicles. I feel that this could be used as a way to mule gear. Not really a fan of this.

There is one flaw - if i got it right, the car migrates from server to server with you. Then the problem is we'll have servers crowded with cars and servers completely stripped from them. In my book it will only add to vehicle hoarding which I already hate. So as far as it stays this way I don't like it at all.

The idea of migrating from map to map using a car is good, but from one virtually equal server to another? No.

I think that this would overload some servers and leave others without vehicles. I feel that this could be used as a way to mule gear. Not really a fan of this.

each player only has 1 tho and servers that have had vehicles transferred from can spawn more.

servers with too many remove unclaimed ones

so a most there will be more vehicles on a server if their are more players there(1 extra per player) unclaimed ones being removed

There is one flaw - if i got it right, the car migrates from server to server with you. Then the problem is we'll have servers crowded with cars and servers completely stripped from them. In my book it will only add to vehicle hoarding which I already hate. So as far as it stays this way I don't like it at all.

The idea of migrating from map to map using a car is good, but from one virtually equal server to another? No.

i already covered that flaw

each player only has 1 tho and servers that have had vehicles transferred from can spawn more.

servers with too many remove unclaimed ones

so a most there will be more vehicles on a server if their are more players there(1 extra per player) unclaimed ones being removed

to summarize..

servers will always spawn new vehicles if there aren't enough.

crowded ones will remove random unclaimed ones that were brought by a player originally

as long as you own a vehicle on the hive you wont lose it and you can only own 1.

Edited by Rocky46