kun4L

Few Questions \

Ok so i have been playing DayZ for past 2 days and enjoying a lot..

I had a question in my mind after an incident happen to me yesterday i was in a server trying to collect resources also helping people in side chat in gathering ammo food map and other supplies.. Met with 1 guy we decided to team and go to chearno and help his friend but on our way we met 1 more guy he too teamed up then later he offered me a gun (expecting a makarov or other hand gun) but he dropped an AS50 i was completely unaware what to do not knowing weather it was hacked or legit so i just picked up and went to cherno where i gave it back to the guy telling i cant use this gun properly (didnt even shoot single shot with it cause i was suspicious)

I know people are helpful and give good guns to help but obvious im new and dont know about it and dont want to get banned, I hope i did the right the thing...

Here are my few question :

*How to avoid weapons and know if they are hacked or not.. if by accident i pick up or get offer any gun from a player which is hacked will i be banned ?

*What will happen if i join in different maps like Namalsk.. Will i loose all my weps on Chernarus map ? (Playing on official servers)

*Can i install Ace / Acer and some sound mod i forgot name of it.. And play on Arma 2 servers supporting them and then somehow change back to default sound and mod and get back to DayZ life ?

*Any tips / vids on getting good frame rate will help too.

Any kind of help views and suggestion will help like a Morphine shot after crawling 1000m so Thanks a lot in advance :D

\

Check dayz wiki for a list of legit dayz weapons. If they give you a legit weapon then you wont get banned for using it. Only whoever spawned it. If its a non legit weapon, put it on a zombie corpse and hide it without using it.

If you play namalsk or lingor etc, they are all unofficial maps and are on private hives and will have no effect on your chernarus character.

Edited by bigdogsco

On the main menu of arma OA, there is a tab marked expansions. You can turn on/off the various mods you have installed.

Oh thanks a lot man helped a lot tried to download Namalsk but saw it was 699Mb something so thought will do later on..

Hope there would have been some way to pause it..