marjahgrunt0331

[3TOG] Realistic Horror Survival server with RPG Elements.

WorldWarZ-MilitaryvsZombies_zps919049fe-1_zps63b2f185.jpg

3rd Infantry Regiment

"The Old Guard"

[3TOG]

[3TOG], A tribute clan, is presenting a private for those interested in a immersive, realistic horror survival experience in DayZ. Currently our server is limited to 40 players, but based on results we do have plans to increase the maximum population in the future.

WARNING: Soldiers of [3TOG] are always friendly unless fired upon, or threatened.

Password Protected Server, post here for interest/questions.

Invitations will be sent via Forum private messages.

rMod - Our server now uses rMod. This mod will open up our doors a lot wider for more character models, vehicles, and weapons that DayZ restricts. This mod will allow us to do a lot more in the game, providing an even better experience for our players. This being a private server is not illegal in anyway, nor is it a drastic change.

NOTICE: All players may be required to also download this mod to access the server, it is a simple, fast, and easy process.

-Server location: Kansas

-Server Time: GMT -5

Chernarus

The world was far from her peace time, though the nations of the Earth held no quarrel with another that would spark conflict, many small bands in many countries still interrupted the calm as they always have. During this short time of respite The Russian Federation's military had witnessed several engagements with local terrorist, cleaning them up well until they saw refuge near the Tunguska Crater. Upon engaging them at their camps they noticed the hostiles seemed to be suffering from a strange disease causing their flesh to rot, and adrenaline to activate without reason. They were described as mindless, savage, and insane. Soon the Russian soldiers began to experience the same symptoms, feeling ill, and woozy. The sick soldiers were sent to hospitals to be cured, however, all attempts failed. The same savage nature the terrorist had began to engulf the soldiers, clawing, and biting those who watched over them in various hospitals over the country. To each bit, or even scratched by these infected would join in the insanity, the numbers of deaths, and infected spread rapidly all over the country like a virus.

The Russian Federation fell into a state of emergency, calling upon her allies for help. Militaries from around the world gave their aid, fighting these infected people, and aiding the clean population. The wounded, and sick soldiers were returned to their homes, now the world faces the same fate, governments collapse, people starve, safety left in the hands of each individual.

The United States, and British Armed Forces assisted with the evacuation of Russia's eastern border, what forces remained were given orders for a rapid retreat, leaving many behind including a small group of the 3rd Infantry Regiment, who now spend their time doing what they can to help those left behind.

legend3-336867_zps279bd0b7.jpg

Concept-Art-i-am-legend-504231_1600_1200_zps282fe301-1_zps53d5cd1d.jpg

What we offer

-Loot drops for the most part remained unchanged from default settings, never running too short, and never over equipped.

-150 usable vehicles to find, and repair.

-Play how you wish. Be a lone scavenger, group up with others, form a militia, prey on the innocent, or help the starving.

- Humanitarian operations from the remaining men of the 3rd Infantry Regiment, giving food, water, medical attention, and brief security where it is needed most.

- Various other events from 3rd Infantry Reg. soldiers throughout the world, some announced, some random. Transport, weapon, food, and supplies trading.

-Ongoing search for updates, and addons to improve player's experience ingame, adding buildings, weapons, vehicles and other objects in future updates.

NOTICE: A Team Speak 3 server has been set up for the population of our server!

What we would love to see

-A heavy use of ingame "Direct Chat" that can be bound to any key. This feature providing clean VOIP, and and realistic detection to boost a more immersive experience.

-Mature players.

-Bandits forming small, or large groups.

-Roleplay like behavior, ingame, or even in fanfic on the forums.

Tips for Newbies

Direct Voice Chat must be activated by keybinding it in your controls menu.

Double tap Left Ctrl to lower your weapon to show that your a re friendly. Do so again to raise your weapon.

To enter a 3rd person view press the "Enter" key on your number pad. Do so again to return to 1st person.

Sprinting can be used by double tapping your "W" key, great for getting away from hordes of zombies, bandits, or chasing someone down.

Running, sprinting, and rolling use up a lot of energy, causing you to have poor aim, become thristy, and hungry even faster. Remember food, water, and ammo is scarce.

Recommended that players either hold down their "Left Shift" key to remain walking, or double tap it to reverse it to be held for running.

RULES

• No hackers.
  • No griefers.
  • No trolling.
  • No pointless running around and killing new players.
  • Please refrain from Sidechat voice usage.
  • All broken rules will result in perma bans with limited warning based on insult.

Edited by Airborne101st
  • Like 3

have you considered removing dot direction signs for zombies or animals?

is crosshair turned off?

Edited by Rhygar666
  • Like 1

have you considered removing dot direction signs for zombies or animals?

is crosshair turned off?

Dots have been removed, cross hairs have not, as of yet, only reason being we're still getting used to all the files, but it will be off here soon.

Dots have been removed, cross hairs have not, as of yet, only reason being we're still getting used to all the files, but it will be off here soon.

And they are now disabled.

k i try it out later, im sick of servers with crosshairs, getting killed close range from snipers which wouldve never been able to without crosshairs

• Like 1

I read the title and got a little excited, but from what I can see, it's just the regular dayz with more vehicles. I long for a server where ammo is rarer than weapons, where soda and food are almost impossible to find, therefore a water bottle and knife are the most valuable things in the game. Imagine, you may have the best gun in the game, but if you've only got 2 bullets, are you really gonna waste them on some random Bambi?

• Like 1

"Praise The Lord! I've already thought that no single military survived the infection.. And now I see you!

3TOG? You guys are from Washington, right? Good. I'm from the polish air cav. My sqdr was sent here to help. Now I'm the only survivor...

No, I'm not alone. 4 days ago I've found a friend. In this moment he's covering me with his DMR from the bushes, so don't do anything stupid..

No, we don't need anything. Just the shelter for the night. It's going dark..."

(well.. I'm just tired of hackers and 12 years old kids with trigger finger cramp..;] All I want is to play with friend and some normal guys..

Your server looks good, so if I can play with you, I'll be thankful)

• Like 3

I read the title and got a little excited, but from what I can see, it's just the regular dayz with more vehicles. I long for a server where ammo is rarer than weapons, where soda and food are almost impossible to find, therefore a water bottle and knife are the most valuable things in the game. Imagine, you may have the best gun in the game, but if you've only got 2 bullets, are you really gonna waste them on some random Bambi?

I'll just say trust more in your hatchet than the weapons you find, if you find. And don't expect to live long on this server if you completely rely on soda, and beans.

ToxicSludge-As I learn more about and become more familiar with the database and editing it and the config files, I will be modifying the rarity of things like food/water, eg, make water bottles a little more common, make soda more rare, matches a bit more common, etc.

Jacobs- We'd thought the Air Cav had all been grounded when the fuel ran out. We'll see if we can send someone with some resources for you and knowledge of the terrain. ((PM sent))

Edited by Larline
  • Like 4

ToxicSludge-As I learn more about and become more familiar with the database and editing it and the config files, I will be modifying the rarity of things like food/water, eg, make water bottles a little more common, make soda more rare, matches a bit more common, etc.

Once this happens, count me in :) Good luck with the server...even if its not the one for me, I appreciate you guys supplying it for other players that I'm sure will enjoy it.
  • Like 1

I'll be sure to let you know when I can effect those changes, and thanks!

• Like 1

Hey I'm definitely interested in joining. I'm sick of getting killed by scripters, hackers, griefers, children, whatever you want to call them. They are ruining one of the best most rewarding games I have ever played. I'm ready to play with people who want to take this game serious.

• Like 1

Hey I'm definitely interested in joining. I'm sick of getting killed by scripters, hackers, griefers, children, whatever you want to call them. They are ruining one of the best most rewarding games I have ever played. I'm ready to play with people who want to take this game serious.

The you're well welcomed to our server, I'll send you the Team Speak 3 info, as well as the server password.

The server will be moving to using rMod in the near future, and that requires a small and fast installation client-side. Essentially, it allows the creation of previously banned weapons and vehicles, allowing for a good deal more realism in regards to being a military remnant, while also allowing for the use of more skins, such as USMC soldiers, Russian, etc.

Edited by Larline
  • Like 3

Seems interesting, I'd love to play.

Sounds good, I'll send you the Team Speak3 Server information, as well as the server password. We're using rMod now, so you'll need to install that into your Operation Arrowhead fold. We can help you out if needed, just ask, enjoy!

Hey there, wanted to drop a note to say that I'm glad to see a server taking a more immersive approach to DayZ. Veteran roleplayer here, been hunting around for a server to invest a considerable amount of time in, and saw this post, caught my attention to the point where I even made an account to comment.

I'd love a chance to get on and check things out, and hopefully contribute to a more mature community.

• Like 1