Sign in to follow this  
basketcaseface

Just a few ideas for standalone

Hey guys, these are just a couple ideas that i have for DayZ Standalone and i'm not sure how many are even possible as i am useless at coding and stuff like that so anyway, here are my ideas:

Realistic loot locations

If i walk into a house, surely i should be able to search the closets for clothes and the kitchen for food. Not just finding stuff on the floor!

Variety of skins

This is slightly following off of the loot location idea. If i search a closet i want to be able to find realistic clothes, not just army clothing. I mean, even if there was a virus outbreak, all of the civilian clothing wouldn't just disappear! Also the clothing should start to deteriorate after a certain amount of time and this should be visible.

Thanks guys. I have much respect for the developers of this mod as it has brought be hours of enjoyment!

• Like 1

1.Sounds realistic :D I like it

2.Rocket mentioned that he added jackets and all sort of new clothing.I have a question..when the clothing will be fully detetiorated I will remain naked ? :D

1.Sounds realistic :D I like it

2.Rocket mentioned that he added jackets and all sort of new clothing.I have a question..when the clothing will be fully detetiorated I will remain naked ? :D

Aha! To be honest i believe that would be a good idea if there were to deteriorate into their underwear as it would make them more exposed and colder

well,he has a point about the clothing.Some other things that they need to up is:

1)option for grouping with other players

2)when you run and press the key for chating the player stops moving.Very fustrated when you run over from zombies or players which you want to say that you are friendly..Chat disables any action that you want to do with your players wich is a big -

3)surely servers with more players and big maps.You can add also territories which can be raid from players like sub-missions,and make a camp there like building fences or moving items etc and making a safe place for other survivors.But offcourse every 5-10 minutes horde of zombies will comming to disturbe you.

4)moreover you can put territories occupied from npc survivors with good gear which except from killing zombies,they will must deal real players.

5)I dont know why you put the zombies to running mode :) i see it very difficult to kill one while it runs to me :P..My opinion is (from movies) that you must decrease the way that zombies run and put more of them.it will be more realistic.And if you decide to kill one, from the noice of the gun, other zombies will hear it and try to come near you.

6)of course all the buildings or the most of them must be searchable.(more realism)

7)also in many cases i see destroyed hummers with dead soldiers.How it is possible not be able to loot them?

8)you can put missions which you take from npc's because if you play for hours after a point there is no meaning of playing and killing only.

9)surly the zomies must be more realistic.i see all the time zombies with two legs two hands two ears two eyes :P The standalone must be more realistic if the developers want to take more players from other mmo comunities.It is the first kind of the game that is dealing with zombies and don't tell me that others excist like left for dead e.t.c i will say no comment-different games..

10)variety of food.bored to see all the time cans and pepsi and cola.

11)combat loggers big problem in game like that.put a delay of 10 sec to the players that want to aboard.it reminds me the lineage problem.

13)melle fight.able to use hands or legs and of course to use the knife.if it is standalone it must be able to do that things.

14)clothing system.variety of clothes will be able to protect you.be able to find a astronaut suite fpor example and not be able to be bitten from zzombies :P kidding..

15)be able to use the items arround you.for example chairs - tables etc

16)well another thing that it comes ot my mind is that i see only male zombies where is all the female or children?

17)caves in mountains.you can do lot of things in there.

18)more realistic in the weather system.more difficult to run in bad weather like raining.or shooting.

19)rooftops must be fixed many of therm haven't any possition to hide and watch down.if you go to police station or in a fire dep you will see what the rooftoops have :P

20)and last put a storyline in the game the end came how?the most games have a - in these days because storyline isn;t solid.maybe there is good graphics in this game but what to do it if there is no story..ok you can not put this one but have in mind for how long the players will play a game only for shooting killing and looking for gear.3 months?4?and after doing all that what?killing others players?where is the fun of this?put things that will keep the player infront of the pc.and every month for example one thing will be add at a time that will keep the player to the chair.

It only ideas that came to my mind.many of them maybe have posted again..

21) aa and of course perks-abilities from those guys which stand alone for days :P

Edited by GR_ronins

well,he has a point about the clothing.Some other things that they need to up is:

1)option for grouping with other players

2)when you run and press the key for chating the player stops moving.Very fustrated when you run over from zombies or players which you want to say that you are friendly..Chat disables any action that you want to do with your players wich is a big -

3)surely servers with more players and big maps.You can add also territories which can be raid from players like sub-missions,and make a camp there like building fences or moving items etc and making a safe place for other survivors.But offcourse every 5-10 minutes horde of zombies will comming to disturbe you.

4)moreover you can put territories occupied from npc survivors with good gear which except from killing zombies,they will must deal real players.

5)I dont know why you put the zombies to running mode :) i see it very difficult to kill one while it runs to me :P..My opinion is (from movies) that you must decrease the way that zombies run and put more of them.it will be more realistic.And if you decide to kill one, from the noice of the gun, other zombies will hear it and try to come near you.

6)of course all the buildings or the most of them must be searchable.(more realism)

7)also in many cases i see destroyed hummers with dead soldiers.How it is possible not be able to loot them?

8)you can put missions which you take from npc's because if you play for hours after a point there is no meaning of playing and killing only.

9)surly the zomies must be more realistic.i see all the time zombies with two legs two hands two ears two eyes :P The standalone must be more realistic if the developers want to take more players from other mmo comunities.It is the first kind of the game that is dealing with zombies and don't tell me that others excist like left for dead e.t.c i will say no comment-different games..

10)variety of food.bored to see all the time cans and pepsi and cola.

11)combat loggers big problem in game like that.put a delay of 10 sec to the players that want to aboard.it reminds me the lineage problem.

13)melle fight.able to use hands or legs and of course to use the knife.if it is standalone it must be able to do that things.

14)clothing system.variety of clothes will be able to protect you.be able to find a astronaut suite fpor example and not be able to be bitten from zzombies :P kidding..

15)be able to use the items arround you.for example chairs - tables etc

16)well another thing that it comes ot my mind is that i see only male zombies where is all the female or children?

17)caves in mountains.you can do lot of things in there.

18)more realistic in the weather system.more difficult to run in bad weather like raining.or shooting.

19)rooftops must be fixed many of therm haven't any possition to hide and watch down.if you go to police station or in a fire dep you will see what the rooftoops have

20)and last put a storyline in the game the end came how?the most games have a - in these days because storyline isn;t solid.maybe there is good graphics in this game but what to do it if there is no story..ok you can not put this one but have in mind for how long the players will play a game only for shooting killing and looking for gear.3 months?4?and after doing all that what?killing others players?where is the fun of this?put things that will keep the player infront of the pc.and every month for example one thing will be add at a time that will keep the player to the chair.

It only ideas that came to my mind.many of them maybe have posted again..

21) aa and of course perks-abilities from those guys which stand alone for days

1)No.It's more realistic as it is.In this way you can break a group when ever you want and you can betraye and be batrayed,wich makes you to be alot careful with who you party(sorry for my english) .

2)Good idea for those who don't have a mic.

4)The whole npc thing isn't "in the way of DayZ"(if you know what I mean) for me.

5)"realistic" isn't the word wich you can describe a zombie.Did you really saw real zombies?:o .. Running zombies means hard to kill,means harder game -> good

6)So you say that you want to entry all the buildings.This is already a feature of DayZ SA .

8)npc thing - No..

9)Not "realistic" .. maybe "movie like"

10)I agree with that

13)I also agree with that

14)Rocket added in the SA jackets and plenty of stuff as he said.

15)Yeah..maybe make barricades with tables and chairs

16)Good damn question!

17)I like it.

20)No.Maybe stories of different locations,with hunted houses

P.S.:. you skipped nr. 12 :D

I read the topic http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/38742-suggestions-for-the-dayz-standalone-thinking-outside-of-the-limitations-of-an-arma-2-mod/page__st__1020

in first page many things from which i said are already suggested :(

well the group - group chat is one problem that they must fix for those how haven;t micro.by the way it's difficult for me to group with another player,speak with him and after kill him :P.the 90% of people surly agree.

as for

question 12:go fishing maybe ?? :P

I like alll the ideas that have been put forth for this. But one other thing i would like to suggest is that more guns should be added and that the guns will be fully customizable. For example. you can find a silencer or sight and attach or detach it from specific guns.

Hi guys

I would like to use the hunting knife like a weapon

and why not to fish?

Edited by frenchboy