Flinty13Machinima

Roughly What FPS Will I Get? + You Want To Be In Some Videos?

Simply amazing at how many IDIOTS are saying 32 gigs of ram is a waste. Some even going as far as calling him stupid. You guys making those statement are the one's who are obviously computer-illiterate.

Maybe you morons show actually research on what could be done with that much ram before spouting off, making yourselves look like idiots.

I feel embarrassed for OP.

No game itself ever needs more than 4gb of ram, and background programs usually never take up more than 2gb. Therefor 8gb is more than enough. 32gb is just showing off and proof you're stupid.

You do know you can install and run games / programs right from the ram, don't you? So who's stupid?

Hnnnnng, right in the jimmy's . But seriously dont expect to upgrade or anything for a long time, you could of just looked up your graphics card and processor to find out that you have the best graphics card available so expect to max every game out and record with no problem. Like it's totally irrelevant to even ask what your FPS would be, or which settings you should play on xD .

But i'd be interested in the videos, most likely my DayZ buddy too. We are already working on our first DayZ Funtage and it will be put up soon , check some of my later videos after I get my new Mic and before the two minecraft videos because I broke it by then :P

My channel name is Haygar1, i'm planning on regular posting now after the new year so everything will be good. Just have to get around to going out and buying myself a new headset now !

I'll look at your channel :-D Once I get my PC next week I'll let you know

Anyone might of guessed when they bought this that it can run pretty much anything... I know its your money, but 32GB of ram?! 8GB will last you a while, and the gtx 690 is overkill.... a grand on a GPU!! but yeah knock yourself out, go buy another one if you want. I have a task for you though - when crysis 3 is out run 2 of them at once on ultra settings!;-)

Good idea ;)

Hey flinty nice system

You can tell in this thread who are gamers and who are gamers and designers. People are stupid thinking 32 gb is overkill. Maybe it would be overkill if it was just for gaming but its not, its for video editing/3d animation also. Heck i would even suggest Flinty to get a couple of ssd's in raid for his c drive and one ssd for recording, and use the 2tb to store the videos for editing. Also i recommend DXTory instead of fraps for capturing. Fraps sucks.

what kind of performance should I expect from my $1000 vid card? trollface.jpg

Take this please.

lMSKu.jpg?2

Edited by deejay2900

Hey flinty nice system

You can tell in this thread who are gamers and who are gamers and designers. People are stupid thinking 32 gb is overkill. Maybe it would be overkill if it was just for gaming but its not, its for video editing/3d animation also. Heck i would even suggest Flinty to get a couple of ssd's in raid for his c drive and one ssd for recording, and use the 2tb to store the videos for editing. Also i recommend DXTory instead of fraps for capturing. Fraps sucks.

Thanks man you're right, I have one SSD where the OS is going and I should have some spare space where my vids will go

I would really really recommend an ssd for strictly recording and nothing else, especially for 1080p recording. The reason i suggested your C drive to be 2 ssd's in RAID is because Arma seems to really rely on hard drive speed. People complain how DayZ runs like crap, and they get a good CPU and GPU to find that it still does not run as smooth as one would think especially when you record, but with 32 gb of ram you could also run the game on a RAM disk which should be good as well.

Good luck with it.

I would really really recommend an ssd for strictly recording and nothing else, especially for 1080p recording. The reason i suggested your C drive to be 2 ssd's in RAID is because Arma seems to really rely on hard drive speed. People complain how DayZ runs like crap, and they get a good CPU and GPU to find that it still does not run as smooth as one would think especially when you record, but with 32 gb of ram you could also run the game on a RAM disk which should be good as well.

Good luck with it.

Ah yeah good idea

Ah yeah good idea

Just registered for this.

The RamDisk is a good idea..

But NEVER ever RAID your SSDs. AFAIK, TRIM will not work if the SSD is RAID'd. You will suffer performance issues in your SSD if TRIM is not on.

Here's a link to TRIM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRIM

For geeks, there is no such sentence as "too much ram." RAM is cheap nowadays. 32GB of RAM will benefit him in his occupation and in the future.

And I don't know why you guys choose dual 680s over a 690. (if not about price) The dual 680s might be powerful, but the latency between the GPUs, god. (Not noticable by a common person though.)

Edited by Voxelcake
  • Like 1

@voxelcake. Good to know, i wanted to set my c drive in raid with 2 ssd's. the reason i didn't was because my mother board only came with 2 SATA3. Which one is for my recording ssd drive and the other is for my c drive ssd.

Just registered for this.

The RamDisk is a good idea..

But NEVER ever RAID your SSDs. AFAIK, TRIM will not work if the SSD is RAID'd. You will suffer performance issues in your SSD if TRIM is not on.

Here's a link to TRIM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRIM

For geeks, there is no such sentence as "too much ram." RAM is cheap nowadays. 32GB of RAM will benefit him in his occupation and in the future.

And I don't know why you guys choose dual 680s over a 690. (if not about price) The dual 680s might be powerful, but the latency between the GPUs, god. (Not noticable by a common person though.)

Thanks very much for the advice and kind words

What trolling?

HI GUYS I JUST REGISTERED ON HERE TO PIMP MY CHANNEL AND I HAVE A ULTIMATE RIG I MAY JUST GET 30 FPS I DONT KNOW BUT I KNOW ITS BETTER THAN YOURS.

PLEASE SIGN UPTO MY CHANNEL IM NEW AND IM NOT A TROLL :lol:

PS.. IM GUNNA BUMP MY OWN THREADS GUYS !

Edited by dgeesio

HI GUYS I JUST REGISTERED ON HERE TO PIMP MY CHANNEL AND I HAVE A ULTIMATE RIG I MAY JUST GET 30 FPS I DONT KNOW BUT I KNOW ITS BETTER THAN YOURS.

PLEASE SIGN UPTO MY CHANNEL IM NEW AND IM NOT A TROLL :lol:

PS.. IM GUNNA BUMP MY OWN THREADS GUYS !

there is no need for this you idiot, he can post what he wants, its his thread, if you dont like it then gtfo kid. Bye

• Like 1

there is no need for this you idiot, he can post what he wants, its his thread, if you dont like it then gtfo kid. Bye

I was thinking the same thing :-(

Isn't the internet great? It teaches users how to be a jerk in the comfort of your own home lol

haha you just dont get it :D

flinty i guess the avg person cant even see you just trolled your way in from first post but hey ho good luck with the machinima . ive helped your post stay at top of thread should get you a few more views :rolleyes:

would anyone elses post even be open after 5 pgs of the same title ? haha so funny man.

put in the relevant section .

i have 4 690 gtxs maybe pull in 50 fps on top settings and a phase cooled i3770 @ 7.8ghz

Edited by dgeesio