tacticalbanana

When was the first time YOU killed someone in DayZ?

it was my second day playing and i had just spawned after being shot by yet another bandit and saw i was near elektro and decided "i have nothing worth caringg about and decided to do something stupid as i had not met my weekly quota for stupid ideas and decided to raid the fire station in the town. As i entered in notice blood pouring down through the floor in several places. i quickly realized a major fire fight had just happened. i quickly ascended the stairs and looted the bodies. i found nothing useful from the 3 bodies on the stair well.

when i got to the top however i found a winchester i said said to my self "now im in Buis-" ting ting ting i quikly realized that some one was coming up and i peeked down and of course with my luck its a bandit i move behind the the stair way looking down on it. he pops his head up and turns around and see's me. And somehow missed at point blank range with a double barrel. before he can get the next shot off i pop in the chest killing him. i was so frietend by who could have heard the exchange i quickly looted him for some useful items and ran until Elektro was a speck in the distance.

I had bought ARMA specifically for Dayz after watching about 30 episodes on Youtube and was pretty well versed on Kill on sight motives however never fully appreciated it until I started play.

So after 20 or 30 lives in, being killed after 10 - 15 minutes with nothing but a backpack and a few paultry items (often not even an axe),

Fed up with the whole affair I find a new server and get spawned south of Kamenka with a few items and a Makarov in pitch black night. Naturally I start heading north in hopes of eventually getting to Balota and maybe some decent gear. After running up the road a flare fires up next to the shore about 400 meters away. As I approach there is clearly a guy getting about in the glow of the red light...

I lay down out of the light, train my gun on his head and I call him in side chat "Hey guy with the flare are you friendly?".

No Reply and he looks in my direction

At this stage I am very mindful he has spawned with the same gear I have - in particular a Makarov

"Dude keep your distance"

No reply and begins moving towards me and out of the light and I am still laying down...

"I will shoot"

He is now trained on me and moves forward

Fk it.... Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang.. he drops and yells out "Hhhaaalllllllppp" over side chat and I feel bad for about 10 seconds

A few minutes later I am running up the road and a Jeep appears, pulls over and two dudes jump out and fill me with AK rounds.

Two more weeks of playing I have only killed two other players

My first kills were in electro. I walked into the church where i heard gunshots around to find a guy facing the wall holding what looked like a hatchet. Not wanting to take a risk i shot him in the head with my g17 then looted him and found it was only a crowbar. I then heard m4a1 shots outside so i peaked out and saw a bandit running across the road swarming with zeds. I took some shots at him took cover and then peaked to find him with broken legs desperately trying to fight off the horde of zombies. I shot a few more at him then let the zombies do the rest.

My first kill wasn't epic at all. I've had much better, although my almost first kill was a lot better. I was looting elektro, only been playing a week, I find a 1911, sweet! I move out to loot the trainstation, I walk into the building, only to see a ghillie with an M4A3 CCO busy looting with his back to me (haven't even seen the gun since I was pretty new) I knew what I had to do, I unloaded 4 shots into his back (should've aimed for the head I know but I panicked) he gets up, runs out around the building trying to get away, I set in behind him sprinting, stopping every now and then to pop a few shots in his general direction, until we ran into an open field, I crouch to get a steady shot and shot him in the leg, I hear the break as he falls face first into the ground, he's passed out, I run up to him and pop my last 4 bullets into him but they all seemed to just go through him (damn glitches), I started typing to him in direct, he doesn't reply. After staying behind him the whole time as he looked around he drops a ghillie suit, saying nothing. I took the ghillie and left.

First kill was back in the days when you spawned with a Makarov. Was my first night playing the mod, early April. I got spawn killed on the coast 3 times before I decided to do the same. Good old deathmatch dayz.

Used to have a ball of banditry sitting up top of the factory cyliners in Cherno and snipe innocents with the Enfield when it was a one shot kill. Those days were hilarious.

• Like 1

After fighting dozens of zombies with merely a hatchet on my first day, I stagger into one of the hangers near balota. Bleeding nearing a blackout I can barely make out the shape of a m16 with half a mag on the ground. I pick it up expecting to not survive much longer as I have nothing on my person. I stumble out partially blind to accept death and see a player in a ghillie suit with his back to be about 5 feet away. He is engaged with a zombie and my desperation quickens my decision. I open fire killing the zombie and hitting him. He had time to turn around and look at me before he fell. The loot was good, dmr and m4 silenced. And abunch of food and all the medical supplies needed to survive including blood bags which my buddy used to patch me up. It was a necessity and this well kitted player was unlucky. I benefited and have been a bandit ever since

Ahhh, i remember my first-blood like it was yesterday. I was playing the game for about a day backthen, had not seen a single fire-arm all game but finally found a hatchett, i came into cherno from the west, i spotted the supermarket and started to crawl up to it. I saw someone moving inside, my heart began to race, that dude was packing some serious loot from the looks, but he was distracted eating or looting, so i manned up and ran in and minced his brain with my hatchett. He had a GPS, a map, an enfield and a makarov + some other gear and filled Alice backpack, i was a happy little camper. That was the day i knew my calling as a bandit.

I spawned on the shores and decided to head inland. I had no gear whatsoever. When I went up on a hill to scout out the area (Had no map) I found a couple of tents with guns. I took a Lee Enfield since it had the most ammo. I run down the hill on the other side, and I suddendly see a ATV with two players on it. I jump down in the grass and start to crawl to the closest bush, I assumed they didn't see me since they kept going. I hear the ATV's engine turn of and I decide to head to that direction, and when I get closer I see the two players and the ATV. I took cover in the nearest bush without them noticing and shot one in the chest, and the shot killed him instantly. His friend tries to run to the closest tree, and I shoot and hit his leg. His legs broke and he rolled out of my sight behind a tree. I stay and watch the tree where I last saw him, and after two-three minutes I saw his head pop out. I took the shot and hit him straight in the forehead.

It turns out those guys had tents where they parked the ATV in a pine tree. M16's with tons of ammo, CZ's, Enfields, NVG's, tons of meds, and much more. Pretty good yield for two bullets.

Edited by Mupplo

The first time I ever killed someone was 10 minutes ago! i'd had the game for about a 2 weeks and here is how my story goes.

i was in cherno and i had an ak-74, i was in one of the hotels (the one next to the church that you can go in) and i saw someone go in. i would never kill anyone without a weapon but after breaching some rooms i found him. looting some beans with an m9 out he was about to look at the door and see me so i..just shot. he died without getting a single bullet off. I wan't just gonna leave a body unlooted even if i DID kill him i grab his m9 and before i could leave i heard footsteps. i didn't want to have any other player contact so i aborted...and now im here. that's my story and sorry for any bad English; :P

I made my first kill on accident when i tried knocking out a player and accidently killed him, feelt terrible since he was a new spawn with a hatchet and i only wanted to steal some food and water from him

i shot a guy named rick grimes with an ak with kobra you never forget your first

My firs kill waa accidental, i was playing for the second time and had teamed up with someone who i met on the forums, i still play with him now an i met him like 6 months ago, and we had 20/30 zombies after us an i had a winchester, he had good gear a bizon sd an coyote backpack etc..

And a zombie had hit him and he tryed to bandage and a zombie attacked him so in fear i tried to shoot the zombie and missed, i collected his gear ran off gave him his gear back because i felt so guilty for killing him

The, first time? Well...

It was in Elektro, on a low-populated server. I was trying to gear up and all of a sudden, this ghilie guy starts shooting at me with his revolver even tho I had like nothing(lol). He shot me a couple of times and since I didn't have nothing to lose, I went for the fire station by the north of Elektro. I quickly started checking the rooms: ground floor, nothing, first floor, nothing, second floor, nothing, third floor, BINGO! An AKM. Since I still knew he was down there just waiting for me to come down, I came down spreading hot lead into his dumb skull. After that murder I want to Cherno and shot like 3 other people in the back as well. C:

A few of my clan mates had been playing DayZ for about a month, so I finally gave in and bought Arma. Took so long to DL, but the time I got into DayZ (July~ish 2012) it was probably 1am my time. Going solo in the game for the first time, I had no clue what was going on. After a few deaths from Zeds and becoming familiar with the game systems, I ran in, got a winchester and headed north.

After running up a road for possibly 15 min or so, I could see a barn in the distance with quite a bit of commotion going on and gunshots.

Two guys where killing of the zombies in the area.

I ran up to a stone wall and crouched down about 30m away from the action, and watched.

Once they cleaned up the zombie mess they noticed me over there watching em, and started yelling "friendly" over direct chat, but I honestly had no idea how to use chat channels in the game yet. Unable to respond, I freaked out and started to run, they started to shoot. I got to another stone wall on the other side of a field and went to bandage from a hit, still under fire. I popped up, fired a few shots, and killed them both, ran up, looted the bodies, looted the barn, and gtfo.

Poor guys where probably just as new as I was, judging by their aim.

It's called, I was getting robbed and I was in the mood for some laughs.

A man came from behind and said "drop your gun on the ground or die!"

I did as he said, and followed it up with a grenade to the floor; bink-bink SHABOOM we were both dead but it stills counts.

A few of my clan mates had been playing DayZ for about a month, so I finally gave in and bought Arma. Took so long to DL, but the time I got into DayZ (July~ish 2012) it was probably 1am my time. Going solo in the game for the first time, I had no clue what was going on. After a few deaths from Zeds and becoming familiar with the game systems, I ran in, got a winchester and headed north.

After running up a road for possibly 15 min or so, I could see a barn in the distance with quite a bit of commotion going on and gunshots.

Two guys where killing of the zombies in the area.

I ran up to a stone wall and crouched down about 30m away from the action, and watched.

Once they cleaned up the zombie mess they noticed me over there watching em, and started yelling "friendly" over direct chat, but I honestly had no idea how to use chat channels in the game yet. Unable to respond, I freaked out and started to run, they started to shoot. I got to another stone wall on the other side of a field and went to bandage from a hit, still under fire. I popped up, fired a few shots, and killed them both, ran up, looted the bodies, looted the barn, and gtfo.

Poor guys where probably just as new as I was, judging by their aim.

I use to always make fun of bandits who couldn't shoot until one of them shot me in the knee.

(True story)

I don't think I ever will as I'm the worst shot ever :lol: I'll stick to helping.

Play Utes for a day. Just one. See how it goes. I was too, and then I did Utes and some ArmA, and now I can dispatch anyone with a reasonable gun from a reasonable range. I take pride in the fact that unlike a lot of the DayZ community (not pointing fingers) I'm one of the players who is actually good at the game, and don't miss for 5 minutes. I guess that never happens because I never pick up a sniper, and if I do it isn't ever farther than 500m or so....

Still, that's smart enough to do.

My first kill was actually a dirty hacker. Even in my young days.. I was already cleaning up the place. B)

He was dumb enough to spawn a weapons box in Cherno shop, and he was so in his own world making sure he had all the best gear. I found an Enfield in the back of the shop, come through to the front and kill him. Problem was, me being new to the game.. Temptation took over.

Let's say I had to find another server in the end. Still, justice was served. :rolleyes:

I got my first kill about an hr ago. Since then I have killed several others. The taunting of one didn't work, he combat logged, the pussy :(

I guess you have your first kills that could be self defense but if we are talking about murder well here ya go. I was chilling on a hospital roof in cherno after looting everything valuable thing you could think of off a body i found in front of the hospital. I left the body there and began a chain murder spree by the end there was about seven bodies piled up and i gained my first bandit skin.

My first kill was an pretty nice car accident....

I was playing with 2 of my friends and both of them die and respawn amost in the same spot.

So i take my car and drive to meet them. I was going 80 on a downhill. Untill, i saw one of my friends in the middle of the road. No time to brake, turn left and kill the other one lying on the ground...

Can't remember his name. Took me about a month of play lol... I was in the elektro fire station when a guy came up the stairs I was new at the time so it took me all the ammo in my pdw. He was knocked out however i thought he was dead...As soon as I realized he was knocked out he regained consciousness and then I finished him off with my winchester. Best feeling in the world, accompanied by some guilt.

I had just finished looting a tent I found not far from balota on a server (had an L85 which I had no idea how to use because I had just started playing), and I was running through the woods to meet my friends that didn't die and someone ran past me. I freaked out and emptied half a clip into him.

I think it was when I climbed on top of the Elektro hospital and started shooting at a group of survivors looting the school. I must have killed 3 or 4 of them, then someone shot me from the hill.