Sign in to follow this  
phuongymy

From a NEW STARTER

Hello, i just started DAYz as of yesterday. Watched a lot of youtube videos before i actually started playing. I played for few hours yesterday getting bushwhacked by Zombies. And i tend to trust people so i did in this game too. I meet them and they just shoot me after saying hello. Its getting very hard for me to transfer my self in to this game. If some people can group up with me (New players, Old players) it would be awesome. I live in Canada Eastern time, so anyone in Canada or US will do. Let me know please.

Try our server, its fairly new with a Noobish player base, they are are still very friendly.

Info in my sig

Calling out to other players is always risky. You're rolling the dice whenever you make contact.

However, it seems that there are many more friendly players now than there were just a few months ago. Back in July, it seemed like there wasn't a single friendly in all of DayZ, and the game was just one huge death match. Now, I find friendlies all the time. You never know what will happen when you encounter someone else in DayZ, and that's one of the best parts of the game.

Edited by Regicide
  • Like 2

thanks GraveDancer, very helpful server. They get you going and help you in what ever way possible.

BuggzBunny

• Like 1

It's hard to trust players in this game, my advice is to find someone who hasn't got a gun like yourself and team up with him. Be careful though, sometimes you might be lured into a trap so you should tell them where to meet up. E.g. I told them I was near the hospital, which was true, but I also had a great view of the hospital with a flare nearby, just in case it was a bandit. It was also night time, making it harder for them to see me.

thanks GraveDancer, very helpful server. They get you going and help you in what ever way possible.

BuggzBunny

No problem man, thanks for stopping by.

Make sure you are loud enough to be heard by others. I find most people can be friendly if they hear your voice tone that you are indeed a friendly fellow and want to be buddies. Some people will just shoot you even if you tell them you will take them to your secret camp or give them a heli, they are just d bags. When you use voice wait for a response as some people type. Also, make sure your mic actually works properly so people can hear you or else it will look to them like some guy staring at them with a gun pointing in their general direction.

It only took me a couple of "lives" to learn that you really can't trust anyone. And it's the ones who say they are "friendly" that you have to be most careful around.

Right now, I'm playing to survive, so I avoid all other players all of the time. When I have to go into one of the larger cities to get some supply that I need, I find a bit of cover well outside of town and watch for awhile. A long while...

Then, dash in. Grab what I need if I can find it quickly. If not, spend only a short while in the city looking, then dash out to watch under cover for awhile again before making another run.

If I hear gun fire while in a city, I find a defensive position and sit tight for awhile. Listening. Then when I think it is safe, I make a run for the woods to get clear of the area.