Sign in to follow this  
UnloadedTrigger

Set variable value restriction #101

Hey guys I'm new to there forums, but I've been playing Dayz for quite some time, after a long break, I came back and got the Error and it kicks me off right after it says 'Waiting for character to create' it kicks me off. What do I do? Error is: "Set variable value restriction #101"

I have no idea...

Details would help, are you up-to-date with DayZ patches/OA Beta patches?

How do you connect to servers?

Do you use public or private hive?

We're you breast feeding a mongoose in conjunction with said error?

Well no matter how coincidental and intriguing I find the similarities in your names, I can't begin to help without details... Alright Dave?

Hey, Details: I use DayZ commander, I play on public and private hive servers but thats where I get the error. I am up to date on everything, like all maps and versions. I've only been able to connect to 3 out of 15 servers.

Hope it help ,, try this one.

Go to your appdata folder from windows, open it see folder local, open it see folder arma 2 OA, open it and there u see "MPmissionCache" folder , open it and delete all .PBO file`s, and do this before u start the game.

Good luck.

Edit: for the one that not know the AppData folder

Edited by mokum

Well no matter how coincidental and intriguing I find the similarities in your names, I can't begin to help without details... Alright Dave?

Today I've been playing on one server for about 3-4 hours straight. Try to change server to join friends, I get the error mentioned above on a number of different servers (but not all). When I Google the problem, only threads by the guys above appear.

Your jovial post about the similarity of these guys names got me to thinking "is it because we all have Trigger in our names?" (my in game character name being that of my forum name).

Well... yes actually. I tried joining a server I knew wouldn't let me. Backed out to the Arma 2 main menu on failure, changed my character name to Arse Burger and I was able to join that same server no problem!

Apparently BattlEye thinks you're a cheat if you have Trigger in your character name...

• Like 1

Today I've been playing on one server for about 3-4 hours straight. Try to change server to join friends, I get the error mentioned above on a number of different servers (but not all). When I Google the problem, only threads by the guys above appear.

Your jovial post about the similarity of these guys names got me to thinking "is it because we all have Trigger in our names?" (my in game character name being that of my forum name).

Well... yes actually. I tried joining a server I knew wouldn't let me. Backed out to the Arma 2 main menu on failure, changed my character name to Arse Burger and I was able to join that same server no problem!

Apparently BattlEye thinks you're a cheat if you have Trigger in your character name...

I cant believe you are not trolling. xD

thanks!

Couldn't believe it myself when it worked! When I found this post my first reaction was probably the same as Maze, thinking all of these people posting with a "trigger" related name were all the same person self bumping!!

Guest Dwarden

actually he is right, the kick is caused by 5 "trigger" used in setVariableVal.txt and publicVariableVal.txt

but it's not BattlEye fault, you can say it's my or admins fault to enforce strict security

BE only does it's job and if it detects the string in value then it kicks as the filter defines ...

i updated the BE filters to exclude word "trigger" but still cover the commands with it http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119953-battleye-server-side-filters-update/