Sign in to follow this  
Rammbock

DayZ myths and story

Hey Guys!

I've read some things about the "urban legends" of DayZ recently and I think it would be pretty damn great if the SA-Team could set up a "storyline" for the game based on the fear of Green Mountain. I'm not talking about a ordinary story like in other games, I talk about something different:

What if the devs would spread some hints about the infestation in the world? Some notes (paper sheets in buildings, or messages cut in trees in the forest) on places around Chernarus, Radio signals with morse codes, mathematical riddles, numbercodes and other stuff like that? So that the player doesn't have a quest, but a very difficult and long riddle to solve which hints could be erverywhere (which fits good to the sandboxy character of the game).

Imagine to run around with a found radio and suddenly recieving a transmission from Green Mountain or eslewhere with coords for an important place or an encrypted message.

(

)

In my opinion this could be extremly atmospheric and a scary kind of psycho horror, espacially if players speculate about the story.

The access to this "storyline" should be hard, so that there are not too many players at important places- I thought about a rare radio or something like that.

Tell me what you think about that idea!

Edited by Rammbock
  • Like 2

I like the idea. It adds a kind of Amnesia feel to it (if you haven't played this game, you're missing out).

It would definitely be scary if while you were doing all of the searching for these messages, the closer you got to the final answer of the story, something were to happen (I won't say what, but just something horrifying).

Who knows? Mountain Dew wouldn't be end game anymore.

Another nice vid which shows what i'm thinking of

Such things would keep the world of DayZ alive. There would be more than bandits and the pure survival aspect.

One of my hopes for SA is that Green Mountain is fleshed out. I'm thinking underground military bunker style where experiments took place.

• Like 1

This would be a very interesting aspect to the game if it was added but i have an idea things could be barried so like a radio could be at a military base but say it was under rubble or under the dirt so you risk your life while digging it out or a radio signal will randomly appear on your walkie talkie while above a secret military testing facility saying help or some sort of message like that. also chalk and paper or lead so you can copy things down like the encryption of a code to bring it with you like you wright a note